Champions League 2022-23 | Syracusefan.com

Champions League 2022-23

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
We are down to the Final 8 in the Quarterfinals.

Chelsea go down to Carlo Ancelotti & Real Madrid in Spain, 2-0, with Chilwell getting a red card.

It strikes me that Carlo Ancelotti is like the Charlie Watts of football - understated, very cool, and one of the all-time greatest. Oh, and they both have that "raised eyebrow" thing down to a "T".

Attachments

• cblky98fsogw2u9ccj6m.jpg
    cblky98fsogw2u9ccj6m.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 42
  • wattsMAIN.jpg
    wattsMAIN.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 43

Chelsea go down to Carlo Ancelotti & Real Madrid in Spain, 2-0, with Chilwell getting a red card.

It strikes me that Carlo Ancelotti is like the Charlie Watts of football - understated, very cool, and one of the all-time greatest. Oh, and they both have that "raised eyebrow" thing down to a "T".
Just finished watching all 8 quarter final games.

This final four like '96. The two overwhelming favorites on one side and Inter and Milan on the other.

Surprised Dickie V hasn't been screaming for a reseeding.

I was hoping Napoli would beat Milan because I love the way they play but la Madonnina is not a bad consolation prize.

Man City-Real going to be great. I think Man City is better team but Real just seems to find a way in Champions.

Haaland reminds of that Chris Webber video from the Fab Five 30 for 30 when he dribbles down the court at about the age of 12 and dunks it while being guarded by some kid who is about 4'3". Dude is just a beast.

Last edited:
Just finished watching all 8 quarter final games.

This final four like '96. The two overwhelming favorites on one side and Inter and Milan on the other.

Surprised Dickie V hasn't been screaming for a reseeding.

I was hoping Napoli would beat Milan because I love the way they play but la Madonnina is not a bad consolation prize.

Man City-Real going to be great. I think Man City is better team but Real just seems to find a way in Champions.

Haaland reminds of that Chris Webber video from the Fab Five 30 for 30 when he dribbles down the court at about the age of 12 and dunks it while being guarded by some kid who is about 4'3". Dude is just a beast.
Haaland is unfair. Add DeBruyne passing to him, crazy.

And on that topic... a very frustrated Gunners fan here... sorry for a partial diversion.

Rough run of form. This is what Gabriel Jesus, Jorginho and Zinchenko were bought for - to bring them the calm nerves that are necessary to win titles.

Fun game yesterday. Vinicius with a wonder strike after Man City had started on the front foot. Nothing like two wonder strikes in one game with DeBruyne's to tie it up.

Once they tied it up, looked like Man City just wanted to kill off the game and get back to the Etihad tied on aggregate.

Looking forward to La Madonnina today.

Fun game yesterday. Vinicius with a wonder strike after Man City had started on the front foot. Nothing like two wonder strikes in one game with DeBruyne's to tie it up.

Once they tied it up, looked like Man City just wanted to kill off the game and get back to the Etihad tied on aggregate.

Looking forward to La Madonnina today.
Getting Militao back for the next game will be a plus for los Blancos

He joins Messi as the only player to win the CL Golden Boot twice before turning 23.

Man City not the same team without DeBruyne. They were vulnerable. Thought DiMarco did a really good job on Silva. Lukaku...

Yeah don't disagree. Don't mind my jaded view still licking the wounds of my Gunners blowing the PL title this year.

Man City not the same team without DeBruyne. They were vulnerable. Thought DiMarco did a really good job on Silva. Lukaku...

This was added to Dimarco’s Wikipedia page on Saturday. Check out the last sentence.
Bad day for Lukaku.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.png
    IMG_0204.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 34