Charlie Pallilio... | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Pallilio...

KCJax03

Scout Team
Having moved to Houston 4 years ago I quickly found Charlie's drive home radio show and have listened religiously since. He is certainly a credit to Syracuse University in my view, this guy is a living, breathing encyclopedia of sports knowledge. His show was pure sports talk radio at its best in my opinion.

He was recently fired and replaced with a fella who was pushed out of Houston a few years ago and was also recently fired from his most recent gig in Philadelphia. He is more schtick then substance and has a reputation of being quite controversial...but he drives ratings.

At any rate, sorry to lose Charlie here in Houston, hopefully he lands on his feet soon. Not sure if anyone here has any university connections that he keeps in touch with - but I would be interested in knowing where he may end up.

I hardly ever listen to regular radio anymore. Didn't realize he was fired. That sucks.

I hardly ever listen to regular radio anymore. Didn't realize he was fired. That sucks.

Just happened early last week. Josh Innes will replace him starting Monday. It was a shock to a lot of people. I have an hour plus commute home every afternoon and I really enjoyed listening to Charlie, he is a wealth of sports knowledge. He had no co-hosts, without any fluff or mindless banter he had the presence to carry the entire show.

Just happened early last week. Josh Innes will replace him starting Monday. It was a shock to a lot of people. I have an hour plus commute home every afternoon and I really enjoyed listening to Charlie, he is a wealth of sports knowledge. He had no co-hosts, without any fluff or mindless banter he had the presence to carry the entire show.

I was at a BBQ a couple months ago with a kid who is essentially an intern at whatever radio company they were at. Said he helped out with Charlie's show from time to time and the guy was legit encyclopedic like you said. Would get annoyed if you were off in your memory of Terry Pendleton's 1988 batting average by more than a tenth. That sort of encyclopedic.

I was at a BBQ a couple months ago with a kid who is essentially an intern at whatever radio company they were at. Said he helped out with Charlie's show from time to time and the guy was legit encyclopedic like you said. Would get annoyed if you were off in your memory of Terry Pendleton's 1988 batting average by more than a tenth. That sort of encyclopedic.
exactly why he was so good. While he did have occasional guests, he could carry 4 hours based solely on his knowledge. Will be a great addition to whatever market he ends up in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom