Class of 2018 - Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse

What did you do, Jeremy???

Yikes, that one stings. Wish I had some backstory on the reason for the decommit. This has been a pretty brutal week for Syracuse sports starting from last Saturday. Wish the kid the best but this is disappointing.

Yikes, that one stings. Wish I had some backstory on the reason for the decommit. This has been a pretty brutal week for Syracuse sports starting from last Saturday. Wish the kid the best but this is disappointing.

That's the problem when kids transfer to IMG. Too many people down there giving them advice. :(

That's the problem when kids transfer to IMG. Too many people down there giving them advice. :(

Ya we have had mixed success at best with kids from IMG unfortunately. This past year we have had more kids decommit then I can ever remember. Odd but I guess that's how it goes these days. Will be interesting to see if SU tries to fill his spot or keep on him to try and get a re-commit (assuming we didn't ask him to move along). The 2018 class does have the Kim twins and Fiorini at middie plus another kid.

Based on that, possible he comes back into the fold. Obviously there is plenty of time for SU to fill the spot if he doesn't but would be hard to get someone with his pedigree/ranking at this point. I know 2017 has a bunch of highly rated middies in it, wonder if he got spooked about potential PT?

Forgot Matt Magnan is also in that class, wonder if it became a #'s situation. Still feel good about Middie in that class even after his de-commit.

You nailed it Jeremy. Brutal week indeed. Don't think we have won in any sport since womens hoops eeked it out against GW last week. Otherwise, we have lost everything. This must be what it feels like at Rutgers. lol

Maybe he found out who the new coach was going to be in 2018? :cool::p:oops::rolleyes:

Johnny D at it again on the recruiting trail... Dude needs to figure it out, losing out on an awful lot of talent.

I think he has his thoughts set higher then that.
What's higher than cuse lax? Going straight to the pros? Even that isn't higher, it just pays.

What's higher than cuse lax? Going straight to the pros? Even that isn't higher, it just pays.

LOL, no I meant higher then U Albany. Hopefully he will have a change of heat and come back into the fold. Clearly a higher end player we hate to lose but we have also been on the receiving end of this, see the 2019 kid who flipped to SU, who is ranked even higher. Lewandowski.

Getting Owen Hill more then makes up for the loss of Scanlan, still sorry to see him go elsewhere but between the two I think Hill is the choice. Also Matt Magnan is in this class at middie who someone was raving above to me recently

We lost a good one there

IMG_1521.PNG