Class of 2015 - C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas

Francis03

All American
AAU teammate of McCullough and according Evan Daniels, he has an offer from SU. I wrote the following below about him back in August.

Cheick Diallo C-Think about BMK, but a top 50 version. Diallo has all of the potential to be a special player down the road. At this point his defense is ahead of his offense, but he's a good athlete with super long arms and decent hands. SU has expressed interest in Diallo after seeing him alongside with McCullough.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3049/NEHF-Sunday-u17-Recap.php
"Cheik Diallo (Team Scan u17)- Fresh off his appearance in Saturday’s Jordan Brand Classic International Game in New York City, the six-foot-nine, trampoline-leaping big’s high-major attributes were on full display on Sunday as a game-changing, paint-owning presence on both ends. Diallo is a gazelle running to the rim in transition for quick-lift dunks and above-the-box blocks, shows a mature commitment to guarding chest-to-chest and rebounding his side of the floor in the half-court, and even showed emerging footwork as an offensive post option warranting multiple bodies to keep him from dominating single coverage on the interior with a mix of fakes and touch with both hands."

Other notes on McCullough, Joseph, Terrell, and Chukwu are in the link.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3049/NEHF-Sunday-u17-Recap.php
"Cheik Diallo (Team Scan u17)- Fresh off his appearance in Saturday’s Jordan Brand Classic International Game in New York City, the six-foot-nine, trampoline-leaping big’s high-major attributes were on full display on Sunday as a game-changing, paint-owning presence on both ends. Diallo is a gazelle running to the rim in transition for quick-lift dunks and above-the-box blocks, shows a mature commitment to guarding chest-to-chest and rebounding his side of the floor in the half-court, and even showed emerging footwork as an offensive post option warranting multiple bodies to keep him from dominating single coverage on the interior with a mix of fakes and touch with both hands."

Dannnnnnng, brother!
Was sifting through the internet this morning to try and find anything on Hammer's play in the NEHF...
I thought I was fast, but man, it's almost as if you're looking over the writer's head to get this info out so fast.
Y salud, my friend. Very well done.

wow watched the highlight film on the site we shall not name and kid looks explosive. I like how quickly he gets off the floor on putbacks and how he attacks on blocks. That quick high release jumper looks nice too. Just one video but a lot to like about this kid.

wow watched the highlight film on the site we shall not name and kid looks explosive. I like how quickly he gets off the floor on putbacks and how he attacks on blocks. That quick high release jumper looks nice too. Just one video but a lot to like about this kid.
Which site is it? S c o u t?
Can't find linkage.
Edit: y a h oo r i v a l s
Yeah, pretty good stuff. He's more active on the offensive side than I imagined.

Dannnnnnng, brother!
Was sifting through the internet this morning to try and find anything on Hammer's play in the NEHF...
I thought I was fast, but man, it's almost as if you're looking over the writer's head to get this info out so fast.
Y salud, my friend. Very well done.
manny.png
How you know I wasn't the writer ;)

Not to many bigs who lack the offense in high school evolve it in college. Its a rarer quality.
I think in general we are best with a offensive center and a defensive center on the floor.
Goodluck, Chinoso, and Diallo all havre nice potential though :D.

AAU teammate of McCullough and according Evan Daniels, he has an offer from SU. I wrote the following below about him back in August.

Cheick Diallo C-Think about BMK, but a top 50 version. Diallo has all of the potential to be a special player down the road. At this point his defense is ahead of his offense, but he's a good athlete with super long arms, and decent hands. SU has expressed interest in Diallo after seeing him alongside with McCullough.
He is from Centereach, right in the middle of Long Island. Originally from Bamako, Mali, the fastest growing city in Africa (1.8 million people).
diallo.jpg

He is from Centereach, right in the middle of Long Island. Originally from Bamako, Mali, the fastest growing city in Africa (1.8 million people).

in May 2012, Bamako was the city in which the Malian coup d'etat happened, which would explain that fun fact. Funny, something on that just crossed my desk.

Just watching some videos, and love Diallo's potential. Seems like he has a good possibility of developing a consistent 15 foot jumper, and finishes with both hands around the rim. Maybe not the pure athlete that Goodluck Okonoboh is (different class), but probably more offensive potential. Are we recruiting Paschal Chukwu? Kids that big are not usually so athletic. He's not the next Sean Williams. When was the last time we successfully recruited in Connecticut? BTW, I live in New Hampshire and will definitely check out both McCullough and Kaleb Joseph next year (if we're still in the running with Joseph, hopefully he'll already have committed).

Just watching some videos, and love Diallo's potential. Seems like he has a good possibility of developing a consistent 15 foot jumper, and finishes with both hands around the rim. Maybe not the pure athlete that Goodluck Okonoboh is (different class), but probably more offensive potential. Are we recruiting Paschal Chukwu? Kids that big are not usually so athletic. He's not the next Sean Williams. When was the last time we successfully recruited in Connecticut? BTW, I live in New Hampshire and will definitely check out both McCullough and Kaleb Joseph next year (if we're still in the running with Joseph, hopefully he'll already have committed).
Yes we are. He seems to be more of a backup plan for Goodluck at the moment. Have heard nothing but good things about his improvement. Hopefully I'll get to see him soon.

Thanks. Seems like I'd take the chance on a 7'2 center with that kind of game. I know we've been following Goodluck since he was playing with Nerlens Noel, but, seems to me that he's a very similar player to Rakeem Christmas. 6'9 with shotblocking skills, maybe better athlete than basketball player. If we do sign him (G.O.), I don't see him being all that different that Chinonso Obokoh either. Thoughts?

Thanks. Seems like I'd take the chance on a 7'2 center with that kind of game. I know we've been following Goodluck since he was playing with Nerlens Noel, but, seems to me that he's a very similar player to Rakeem Christmas. 6'9 with shotblocking skills, maybe better athlete than basketball player. If we do sign him (G.O.), I don't see him being all that different that Chinonso Obokoh either. Thoughts?
Goodluck is a great shot blocker and could have a Noel like impact on the defensive end when he gets to college. Offensively, he might be the same as Rak when it comes to points production, but I think he displays an overall higher ball IQ than Rak. I like Chino and what he could be in the future, but it's no comparison who would make the bigger impact right away between him and Goodluck.

Goodluck is a great shot blocker and could have a Noel like impact on the defensive end when he gets to college. Offensively, he might be the same as Rak when it comes to points production, but I think he displays an overall higher ball IQ than Rak. I like Chino and what he could be in the future, but it's no comparison who would make the bigger impact right away between him and Goodluck.

Great to hear, didn't know that Goodluck was in that category. If I remember correctly, Rak was considered by some to be the best shot blocker in his class (obviously they were wrong, Anthony Davis was in that class!).

One half of work right here.
Rejection machine. He can jump on one side of the rim and block a shot on the other. Do we have a realistic change of landing this kid?

Rejection machine. He can jump on one side of the rim and block a shot on the other. Do we have a realistic change of landing this kid?
Yes we do. Hop has been on him for the past 2 years, but Indiana has turned up the heat on him and are making a big push for his services.

Chances on landing this young athlete?
Tough to tell at the moment since so many schools are involved and I'm sure he'll continue to collect more high-major offers over the next month. I do think that we'll be in this battle till the end because both Red and Hop have very good connections with the people that deal with Diallo.