Chinanu Onuaku | Syracusefan.com

Chinanu Onuaku

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Averaging 7.3pts/8rpg/1.3stls and .7 blocks (3 games) in 16 minutes as a freshman for Lousiville...
Sure seems like a heck of a worthwhile legacy to me.

I would never second guess the staff and know we can't take everyone, but this is a 4 year player that makes way too much sense..

Averaging 7.3pts/8rpg/1.3stls and .7 blocks (3 games) in 16 minutes as a freshman for Lousiville...
Sure seems like a heck of a worthwhile legacy to me.

I would never second guess the staff and know we can't take everyone, but this is a 4 year player that makes way too much sense..

You stop that. Syracuse only recruits 6-8 or 6-9 undersized centers.

By the way, has anyone glanced at next years depth chart at center? Thomas Bryant is an absolute must get.

Onuaku is doing surprisingly well here. Pitino now starting him and he's looked pretty good for a new freshmen. Must have learned his stuff from his older brother.

Never understood why we didn't go hard after AO's kid brother- it just made too much sense. Pitino has always been a great judge of talent...better than JB, IMO.
System or no system, sometimes you have to take the best player available, no? :bang:

JB and staff are bums and have no clue how to recruit players.
No, but they are much better evaluating guards/wings than big men... Same could be said for developing such players too...

CraigForth said:
I'm not losing sleep over AO's brother not playing on the Hill

I will when our backup center probably will never be anything more than a body that fills up space in the zone.

I will when our backup center probably will never be anything more than a body that fills up space in the zone.

I guess that's where we disagree. Chino will be a good player for us, like Keita but stronger. It takes time for big men to develop, usually longer than it does for wings and guards.

Let's be realistic and chalk this one up as a miss for our staff. Pretty obvious they goofed by not at least offering.

He didn't want to come here.
Yeah, didn't seem like there was much mutual interest. And if memory serves me, he grew a few inches in the last year or so. Pretty sure he was 6'6 or 6'7 in 10th grade.

Let's be realistic here...the coaching staff didn't expect DC2 to miss huge chunks of his 2 seasons through injury. Chino was supposed to be the project center...get a red-shirt year (which the NCAA has now screwed up) and be ready to go as a backup (ala BMK) in a couple of years.

System or no system, sometimes you have to take the best player available, no? :bang:

No. Not the way JB recruits. He has been recruiting to make his Zone the best possible and we don't go after players that don't fit the system. I'm not anti-JB. I'm not anti-anything because it is what it is. But JB has been recruiting to build the perfect ... or at least a solid ... Zone D for the last decade or so. One thing that has suffered from this, however, is our offense.

JB does let capable (or earned) players the green light to do their thing but the focus seems to have been on the Zone D side for the last decade or more. It has been successful to some extent, but I would like just a little tiny bit of focus on offensive sets. I turn green with envy when I see great passing teams that get's their shooters open. Strike that ... I get green with envy when I see a team that has shooters that can hit their shots ... lol :)

Honestly, this is one of the rare seasons in the past few years where I'm excited to see how the team develops and how JB decides to manage the team. There are a lot of young players and a change in strategy from a more guard oriented team (Trevor, MCW, Triche, Waiters, etc) to a forward/center focused offense. I think its going to be a great ride to see how McC, Kaleb, Roberson, BJ and Patterson grow during the season.

It may be a rollercoaster ride, but I have NO idea how this season will pan out, versus last year with those nail-bitting-can't-sit-down-----oh-snap-we-won games.

JB and staff are bums and have no clue how to recruit players.

Yes...because that's what I meant. Thanks for playing.

He was not coming here. He had no interest.

Wasn't aware of this nor cuseguy's point about the knee injuries. Makes more sense.

I guess that's where we disagree. Chino will be a good player for us, like Keita but stronger. It takes time for big men to develop, usually longer than it does for wings and guards.

I have a tough time believing that Syracuse can't find backups better than Chinoso or BMK.

Yeah, easy to say a recruit doesn't want to play for us when our staff doesn't give him the time of day...

Cuse'91 said:
Yeah, easy to say a recruit doesn't want to play for us when our staff doesn't give him the time of day...

He didn't want to come here. Pay attention.

He didn't want to come here. Pay attention.
I am...
Staff felt -
1. All set this year at center with Rak & DC2
2. Chin was undersized to play center for us
3. Due to 1 & 2 showed absolutely no love to him
Why would a recruit want to go anywhere that shows absolutely no love to him? Can you follow this line of reasoning? Should I try to simplify it for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom