Chinanu Onuaku | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chinanu Onuaku

Cuse'91 said:
I am... Staff felt - 1. All set this year at center with Rak & DC2 2. Chin was undersized to play center for us 3. Due to 1 & 2 showed absolutely no love to him Why would a recruit want to go anywhere that shows absolutely no love to him? Can you follow this line of reasoning? Should I try to simplify it for you?

A few of us have said he didn't want to come here. SU showed some interest.

Cuse'91 said:
I am... Staff felt - 1. All set this year at center with Rak & DC2 2. Chin was undersized to play center for us 3. Due to 1 & 2 showed absolutely no love to him Why would a recruit want to go anywhere that shows absolutely no love to him? Can you follow this line of reasoning? Should I try to simplify it for you?

Staff would have recruited him harder if they thought he would come. You don't waste time and energy on a 0-percenter.

Staff would have recruited him harder if they thought he would come. You don't waste time and energy on a 0-percenter.

Any idea why? This is news to me. Did he think that Arinze's injuries weren't handled well?

That's basically the reason.

Interesting, thanks.

I remember being frustrated by Arinze's being sent into the second half of the '09-'10 game against Oakland after being held out of the starting lineup due to knee injury. If a heavy kid with a history of knee problems can't start, don't try to find him minutes during a blowout.

JB and staff are bums and have no clue how to recruit players.
They are also infallible.

Pitino, with his national championships (plural), obviously has no eye for talent.

Come on, just because a fan is calling out our staff for potentially missing out on a solid player doesn't mean he's calling them bums. JB and company have made mistakes in the past, just like every coach, and they'll make more in the future.

They are also infallible.

Pitino, with his national championships (plural), obviously has no eye for talent.

Come on, just because a fan is calling out our staff for potentially missing out on a solid player doesn't mean he's calling them bums. JB and company have made mistakes in the past, just like every coach, and they'll make more in the future.
Especially when the kid had no interest whatsoever in coming to Syracuse!

Especially when the kid had no interest whatsoever in coming to Syracuse!
Yeah I read that after I replied. The point of my post remains the same. Anytime JB is criticized on the board someone replies with, "I don't see you in the HOF," or, "He's got 950 more wins than any of us," or, "He's obviously a bum." JB has done some great things, but he's swung and missed too, like every coach. He's not above criticism.

That's basically the reason.

That's really too bad. Any idea if Arinze has some bitterness toward the program for that reason? I would hate to hear that because Arinze was one of my favorites. Really good student and seemed like he would be a good ambassador for the program.

Yeah I read that after I replied. The point of my post remains the same. Anytime JB is criticized on the board someone replies with, "I don't see you in the HOF," or, "He's got 950 more wins than any of us," or, "He's obviously a bum." JB has done some great things, but he's swung and missed too, like every coach. He's not above criticism.

of course nobody is above criticism . . . but illegitimate, poorly thought out or uniformed criticism is likewise going to get criticized. The OP was not legitimate, because it was based ignorance of the actual situation. Then the poster doubled down even after he was informed, so he deserves everything he gets

of course nobody is above criticism . . . but illegitimate, poorly thought out or uniformed criticism is likewise going to get criticized. The OP was not legitimate, because it was based ignorance of the actual situation. Then the poster doubled down even after he was informed, so he deserves everything he gets
The post I originally replied to said nothing about the inaccuracy of the OP. It all but stated we should never question the decisions of the coaching staff.

This is a job for Beadle. I wish I had some signal to shine into the sky like they do for Batman. It would likely be an outline of that duck avatar. Not really as an imposing as a bat in the night sky, but I suspect the job would get done just the same.

I guess that's where we disagree. Chino will be a good player for us, like Keita but stronger. It takes time for big men to develop, usually longer than it does for wings and guards.

Keita was as good as a freshman as he was as a senior though. He came in reasonably ready to at least contribute...but never really became much more than what he started as.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom