Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does he have to sit for a year from the date he played in the UCLA game or for the entire 2016 season. Was anyone able to confirm?

So does he have to sit for a year from the date he played in the UCLA game or for the entire 2016 season. Was anyone able to confirm?

I know that he has to be in residence at Syracuse for a year after transfer before he can play. So if he doesn't enroll before January, I don't see how he'll be able to play next fall without some sort of NCAA waiver.

The guys who I've seen do it without a waiver are typically in basketball because the basketball season crosses two semesters.

Completely agree.

Before the season, I said that Shafer's tenure here would be tied to the choice he made at OC, and whether or not Lester had the chops to give us an offensive identity. Well, 1/3 of the way through the season, it looks like Lester is the right guy for the job.

What a difference having youngsters like Dungey / Fredricks / Strickland give us a dimension of playmaking we've lacked in forever. Brisly Estime emerging as a dynamic playmaker is another huge factor. If we landed a real blue chip TE, this offense would be amazingly fun to watch.

It already is.

Huge fan of Lester's offense. I was hoping we'd be more air raid, but I can get behind this offensive identity for the 'Cuse. It feels great to watch something fun again, after all the years of ineptitude and white knuckle futility.

A TE of Clark's talent level is IMO the missing piece on this offense right now. He's big enough to be a serious blocker but at the same point in time runs a 4.7 and has soft hands at that size. He's a matchup nightmare for an offense that is designed on exploiting favorable matchups. Lester could do a lot with him.

I even saw on his high school tape where his team used him to do some end arounds. Think about that freight train coming out of the backfield.

One thing I remember from Clark's highlights is he seems to be just as good of a blocker as he is a receiver. That will fit in very well with Lester's system. This is a big dude, and imagine basically 18 months in the S&C program before he actually plays.

One thing I remember from Clark's highlights is he seems to be just as good of a blocker as he is a receiver. That will fit in very well with Lester's system. This is a big dude, and imagine basically 18 months in the S&C program before he actually plays.
6-6, and let's say 255 of GOOD weight, to go along with 4.7 speed and great hands.

Good god. I'm getting all hot and bothered over here.

Why would someone transfer if they have to sit out two years?

Something isn't right.

Something isn't right.

College students get homesick. It happens all the time.

Until he enrolls, I will be pessimistic.

6-6, and let's say 255 of GOOD weight, to go along with 4.7 speed and great hands.

Good god. I'm getting all hot and bothered over here.

The athletic talent side of him was never, ever in question. If he works hard he could be Gronk part 2. He can block, has soft hands, is very fast for his size, runs good routes, and like I said above, he was even featured out of the backfield at times. Which is the biggest testament to his speed and lateral moves if you ask me.

If he signs here, this would be the biggest recruit for us since probably Johnnie Morant.

Under Armour AA
ESPN 300 #111, #4 TE, 4 stars 83
Rivals 100 #79, #1 TE, 4 stars 5.9
Skout 300 #23, #1 TE, 5 stars
2-4-7 4 Stars 95.8, #2 TE, 4 Stars 93.0 composite

He's bigger than RW, easily.

Last edited:

Something isn't right.

I don't think it's that crazy that an 18 year old would get really homesick. He was literally living across the country. Plus it was probably a total culture shock, and from the sound of it Mora Jr. isn't the warm and cuddly type that would make a kid feel comfortable. He must have known he was homesick for him to make the comment he apparently did in front of everyone.

Just shows how much he wanted to get out of there.

I don't think it's that crazy that an 18 year old would get really homesick. He was literally living across the country. Plus it was probably a total culture shock, and from the sound of it Mora Jr. isn't the warm and cuddly type that would make a kid feel comfortable. He must have known he was homesick for him to make the comment he apparently did in front of everyone.

Just shows how much he wanted to get out of there.

I can speak first hand, So Cal vs. the east coast specifically north jersey where Clark is from - like night and day.

anomander said:
I don't think it's that crazy that an 18 year old would get really homesick. He was literally living across the country. Plus it was probably a total culture shock, and from the sound of it Mora Jr. isn't the warm and cuddly type that would make a kid feel comfortable. He must have known he was homesick for him to make the comment he apparently did in front of everyone. Just shows how much he wanted to get out of there.

I get the homesick part.

But the kid is going to miss TWO entire seasons.

I get the homesick part.

But the kid is going to miss TWO entire seasons.
Well, I mean, he's leaving midway through a semester. He would have had to sit out 2016 anyway. If he's unhappy, and he knows he's gonna stay unhappy...why wait?

jekelish said:
Well, I mean, he's leaving midway through a semester. He would have had to sit out 2016 anyway. If he's unhappy, and he knows he's gonna stay unhappy...why wait?
It's just crazy. That's all. Kid Mamba may very well be in the NBA by the time Clark plays another football game.

It's just crazy. That's all. Kid Mamba may very well be in the NBA by the time Clark plays another football game.
Oh I know, believe me. It's insane that a kid who played in one game, in the first week of September, 2015, can't play until 2017. But taking out the specifics...he's a kid who played in 2015. So it's no different than if he decided to transfer in December, when you get right down to it.

Not sure if land him, like our odds. BUT if we do 2017..
QB: Dungey
RB: Fredericks
Express: Erv, Strickland, Neal
WR: Ishmael, Custis, Avant, Encoiy
TE: Clark, Dunk
LT: Conway
LG: Roberts
C: Duering
RG: Hayes
RT: Bryne

Oh I know, believe me. It's insane that a kid who played in one game, in the first week of September, 2015, can't play until 2017. But taking out the specifics...he's a kid who played in 2015. So it's no different than if he decided to transfer in December, when you get right down to it.

Could SU even allow him to enroll late and do some sort of accelerated catch up?

I could see making the case that hey, he's caught up academically, he only played in 1 game, we know he hasn't been in residency here a full year but can we get a waiver for the month and a half he wasn't here? Then maybe he sits out a game or two and is eligible.

I read the ncaa website. So the player has to be enrolled at the school for one year. It appears he couldnt enroll at cuse until this january. Maybe earlier for a winter session? That means he wouldn't be eligible until either winter session 2016 or january 2017.

It looks like the add deadline for this year was 9/8 so thats out of the question.

Looks like he will need a waiver for next season.

Could SU even allow him to enroll late and do some sort of accelerated catch up?

I could see making the case that hey, he's caught up academically, he only played in 1 game, we know he hasn't been in residency here a full year but can we get a waiver for the month and a half he wasn't here? Then maybe he sits out a game or two and is eligible.

Just rambling here but do we know where he is academically? Didn't he have an extra year of HS/Prep? If he has the credits what would prevent him from enrolling now?

Just rambling here but do we know where he is academically? Didn't he have an extra year of HS/Prep? If he has the credits what would prevent him from enrolling now?

He did, according to his 2-4-7 profile he's 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom