Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

This is where BJ becomes very important. There have been lots of speculation about him getting time at the 2, but with our staple of forwards next yr (possibly grant, roberson, Mccullough) all being more of the 4 type, BJ is the one (Gbinje also to an extent) that is more of a perimiter oriented forward who can knock down the shots and spread out the defense. He will help provide a great mix with the other guys.

Very good point. BJ definitely has some filling out to do, but with his height, he probably wouldn't look too bad at the 3. If he can knock down his shots next year, that will be absolutely huge. And I've never been a fan of G running the backup point, which I understand was out of necessity for this season. But if he can transition over to the 3 with Kaleb coming in next year, I would be thrilled to see him look to score and be able to knock down outside shots for us. He's shown a few good moves out there so far, so he definitely has it in him. I just hate watching him always defer to other players on offense like he's been doing.

I'm going to see Chris play tomorrow night and will have a report on him and whoever else catches my eye. These next five days for me are basketball heaven so I will have a report on a bunch of recruits even if we don't have any interest in them.

Edit: http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2013-teams.php this is a list of the teams and players in this tournament. Another name of interest to Cuse is 6'6 WR Jamal Custis who will be here next season.

I'm going to see Chris play tomorrow night and will have a report on him and whoever else catches my eye. These next five days for me are basketball heaven so I will have a report on a bunch of recruits even if we don't have any interest in them.

Edit: http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2013-teams.php this is a list of the teams and players in this tournament. Another name of interest to Cuse is 6'6 WR Jamal Custis who will be here next season.
Thanks man, and looking forward to it.

After reading the last several posts here, is there any reason to be concerned with his apparent lack of effort on D? Is that normal from Chris? JB certainly won't let that fly next year, so I hope that isn't an issue.

On the flip side, I was thrilled to hear that Chris is knocking down 3s! Hopefully he'll be good enough from there to have the green light from JB next year. I was a little concerned thinking about next year's team makeup and how it seems that the forwards that will be getting any meaningful playing time will have more of a power forward's game instead of a small forward's. If Grant stays, seeing him and Chris on the court together would be great, but I wasn't sure if that was going to really limit us on offense with both guys playing primarily inside.

I haven't seen enough of McCullough to know if he dogs it, but I hate watching guys who don't have a good motor. It's not that easy as flipping a switch. You've got to have a fire in your gut. Hope he makes it to SU and has his head on straight. His lack of activity on the boards could be disinterest with this level but there are some legit warning signs.

I haven't seen enough of McCullough to know if he dogs it, but I hate watching guys who don't have a good motor. It's not that easy as flipping a switch. You've got to have a fire in your gut. Hope he makes it to SU and has his head on straight. His lack of activity on the boards could be disinterest with this level but there are some legit warning signs.
The kid has sooo much potential but unfortunately I agree w you. The majority I have talked to (SU fans) have assumed he will start for us and play a ton of mins. From what I have seen of him the last couple times I have watched him I am not convinced. Even if grant leaves , if he doesn't play d and is stagnant on o, he will have plenty of competition for playing time next yr IMO...also I am not convinced I want him to be the go to guy next yr. would much rather see grant come back and have CM be robin to Grant being Batman. But I will shut up because he should have such a high ceiling and I assume our coaches will help get him there...

I think he's just bored playing with young kids. Wants to finally play some grown man basketball, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I know I said I will be posting a write up on the City of Palms (and that's still coming when I get an extended chance to sit down in front of a computer) but I just wanted to leave a quick post about Chris.

Unfortunately I had to stay till six at work on Monday night which was meant I didn't get to the IMG game till half time. Chris did not play in the game or was even on the bench. When I asked a team manager why he wasn't there he told me this was their high school team, and since he was a prep student he wasn't on it.

I know I said I will be posting a write up on the City of Palms (and that's still coming when I get an extended chance to sit down in front of a computer) but I just wanted to leave a quick post about Chris.

Unfortunately I had to stay till six at work on Monday night which was meant I didn't get to the IMG game till half time. Chris did not play in the game or was even on the bench. When I asked a team manager why he wasn't there he told me this was their high school team, and since he was a prep student he wasn't on it.
.... What man.

.... What man.
thats good I think. it means hes already graduated? or at the very least he just doesnt play on that team, he plays on the better team for kids who are in their prep yr...?

thats good I think. it means hes already graduated? or at the very least he just doesnt play on that team, he plays on the better team for kids who are in their prep yr...?
I know I was just looking forward to his report. Its a bummer for him... and a bummer for us.

I did some research online yesterday and yes, the IMG team that played in the city of palms tourney is not the same team Chris is on. His team is all prep guys similar to Brewster academy. Its not a bad thing. Ironically, Brewster is at this tournament playing in a small 4 team prep tourney.

That's what I took it too mean as well.

Dude...

We'll have how many first round prospects potentially? (by the end of their college careers)

Ennis
McCullough
Roberson
Possibly Xmas

Then idk what will happen with Johnson, Gbinije or Joseph.

I wonder who will be the main perimeter forward next year McCullough or Roberson. Plus we have BJ in the mix, going to be interesting.

This may blow your mind...maybe they will BOTH start.

Ennis, Cooney, Roberson, McCullough, Coleman | Obviously Rak is going to start, but that lineup is pretty imposing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom