Class of 2015 - Chris Silva | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Chris Silva

Didn't find anything yet at first glance, but for other "googlers", try Chris Obame too. Had another name, there is a story. I hope to catch at least one RC game this year, so hopefully will have some recaps. Not to mention, he supposedly had a great summer so I imagine we will see a good deal of Silva videos this year.

Didn't find anything yet at first glance, but for other "googlers", try Chris Obame too. Had another name, there is a story. I hope to catch at least one RC game this year, so hopefully will have some recaps. Not to mention, he supposedly had a great summer so I imagine we will see a good deal of Silva videos this year.
Tee breakdown some of what you saw from him last season again for those that might have missed it months ago.

Tee breakdown some of what you saw from him last season again for those that might have missed it months ago.
You got it, my friend. Will take a bit, as I am digging deep through the archives. :)
But there's a good writeup somewhere, should be able to find it.

Just off hand, another long athletic forward. He's probably around 6'8 at this point, but he an Tyler anchored the front court last year. Basically, formed a high school version of the twin towers with Roberson. He contested a bunch of shots, rebounded, did what a big should do at that level. But he gets up and down the court in a hurry, plays with passion (pretty sure he got into it with someone in one of those games) and plays with athleticism. Let me find more...

Couple of more reads:
Game log (note that this is missing some games when he was originally called Chris Obame -- there is another profile of him on nj.com)
Small profile of him here and quote from his AAU coach
His AAU team's site, his name tagged which is a good one to watch for this year

A lot of unknowns right know, but we can safely say this:
  • High motor
  • Shot blocker
  • Athleticism
  • Another product from Africa, so the upside is always a bit of a mystery
  • He's very competitive, and expect a lot more run from him this year
Going to be very interesting how he responds with a bigger role, and a significantly changed roster with the departure of Tyler and Malachi but the addition of Briscoe. Aside from that, Francis, check out the mentions of him this summer:
http://www.njroadrunners.org/2013/07/15/weekend-recap-great-weekend-for-program-falls-short/
Taking kids off the dribble? Oh, lawwwwwwwd, that's nice!
th_shaqoohhh.png

Had to dig this puppy up. Around 4:18, just two from slam dunk contest one assisted by his boy, the Beast.

Played high school and AAU ball with The Beast. Beast also was one that lobbed in one of those dunks.

Played high school and AAU ball with The Beast. Beast also was one that lobbed in one of those dunks.
Don't I know it. Wink wink, look at some roadrunner links above.
Wink.
:)

Also, check out the youtube above and Beast reference. I'm running out of winks man. hahahahaha

Don't I know it. Wink wink, look at some roadrunner links above.
Wink.

Also, check out the youtube above and Beast reference. I'm running out of winks man. hahahahaha[/quote

Dude! These posts were not showing up earlier - having some network issues. Thanks for the info.

Staff at this point has offered three PF type players, correct? Putting pressure on Bryant?

Dude! These posts were not showing up earlier - having some network issues. Thanks for the info.

Staff at this point has offered three PF type players, correct? Putting pressure on Bryant?
No worries :)

Couple of more reads:
Game log (note that this is missing some games when he was originally called Chris Obame -- there is another profile of him on nj.com)
Small profile of him here and quote from his AAU coach
His AAU team's site, his name tagged which is a good one to watch for this year

A lot of unknowns right know, but we can safely say this:
  • High motor
  • Shot blocker
  • Athleticism
  • Another product from Africa, so the upside is always a bit of a mystery
  • He's very competitive, and expect a lot more run from him this year
Going to be very interesting how he responds with a bigger role, and a significantly changed roster with the departure of Tyler and Malachi but the addition of Briscoe. Aside from that, Francis, check out the mentions of him this summer:
http://www.njroadrunners.org/2013/07/15/weekend-recap-great-weekend-for-program-falls-short/
Taking kids off the dribble? Oh, lawwwwwwwd, that's nice!
View attachment 4844
Thanks Tee. We're seeing a pattern by the staff as far as the big men that they're recruiting. Basically we're looking at BMK types with more upside instead of the Rak types, who might have more upside overall but doesn't bring it every game.

Thanks Tee. We're seeing a pattern by the staff as far as the big men that they're recruiting. Basically we're looking at BMK types with more upside instead of the Rak types, who might have more upside overall but doesn't bring it every game.
Absolutely you got it. And I agree with the staff's idea here, especially at the 4/5 positions. Sure, every now and again we'll get an inside out stud like Roberson, but for the 5 particularly, this is what we need.

Blue collar and getting dirty, making plays and getting us the ball back in a hurry.

Patterson's dunk after Silva's in the video is legit... let's go!

Francis and gang, check it:

from zag
"Briscoe told SNY.tv after dishing a pass to Chris Silva that led to a game-winning dunk as Roselle Catholic beat Gill St. Bernard’s 41-39, in a Fall Ball game at Paterson Kennedy High School."

Can't find a box yet, so please googlers --- go do that voodoo that you do!

Chris Silva "scored 20 points and was dominating around the rim in Roselle Catholic’s 66-57 win over St. Benedict’s!"
Briscoe added 18 points, but I figure I'd save the exclamation marks. How about that!

Ah, why not add one more exclamation, because it's just so crazy!
"14 from Sophomore Tyus Battle as GSB defeated Hudson Catholic 47-40!"

Just my take on Silva: he did this against St Benny's and although they lost a few of their stars, they are a factory and brought in more ballers this year. They have a few talented big men, so this bodes very well for the young man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom