Christmas player efficiency ratio tops since 2009-10 | Syracusefan.com

Christmas player efficiency ratio tops since 2009-10

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=per

Do not look at other players from this team! Avert your eyes! If you do, say nothing!

seasons

Christmas
Waiters
Jackson (surprising)
Johnson
Southerland
AO
Southerland
Jackson
Grant
Ennis
MCW
MCW (both years were identical in this measure believe it or not)
Joseph
Melo
Fair (surprisingly low - would've thought junior year would be higher)

For 2014-2015

21. G

34. Roberson

41. Cooney

48. Johnson
49. Joseph
50. Patterson

Melo wasn't an efficient player. Win Shares is an efficiency statistic. Only Triche, Ennis, and MCW had less efficient seasons out of guys in the top 20 of Win Shares.
yes but it makes me wonder how much i care about efficiency

yes but it makes me wonder how much i care about efficiency

If you are a supreme scoring talent that can absolutely kill the other team on a given night then you can get away with less efficiency as you are always making it easier for the other players on your team to be more efficient just by being out their. I'd think that the efficiency of certain line ups would be more accurate as the best players will always see the most attention.

For 2014-2015

21. G

34. Roberson

41. Cooney

48. Johnson
49. Joseph
50. Patterson

Its a miracle that we have won as many as we have. That is shocking considering the list only goes to 50.

The fact that Southerland has two such high seasons surprises me and makes me question PER. Southerland didn't bring a whole lot to the table other than shooting and occasionally getting a few boards.

The fact that 3 of Fair's 4 seasons are below Fab's sophomore season make me seriously question PER as a viable measurement, too.

Efficiency Statistics tend to overrate Big Men and underrate guards, or whoever handles the ball the most. There are parts of basketball that are just unquantifiable, such as dribbling the ball against pressure, passing to an open man who doesn't shoot etc...Players are penalized for turnovers, but they aren't awarded for not turning it over..

It's strictly an offensive efficiency stat. It's not the greatest but gives a general idea of where a player stands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom