Cincinnati Stadium Construction | Syracusefan.com

Cincinnati Stadium Construction

SU68

Starter
Cincinnati is going to have an upgraded stadium this fall. Here is a YouTube video with two construction updates for Nippert Stadium. Theater seats in some areas; padded seats everywhere else and individual urinals -- not troughs!

Food for thought in the Dome upgrade discussion.

Cincy is making a hard push...they know they have about 3-5 years to get in the P5

They are now going to drop $80M at their hoops arena.

The difference here is that Cincy was able to play at Paul Brown Stadium during the renovations.

Renovating the Dome is going to be an exercise in logistics. Expansions can be constructed at any time, but will need to be sealed off until the last moment. Renovations to one part of the Dome can happen between early December and mid-February, between football and lacrosse while basketball is the main tenant and only taking up half of the floor. Otherwise, unless Lacrosse plays in the soccer stadium, there's only between mid-May and late August to get anything done.

Work will need to be done in sections if they don't want to pack up and play on the road all season.

The difference here is that Cincy was able to play at Paul Brown Stadium during the renovations.

Renovating the Dome is going to be an exercise in logistics. Expansions can be constructed at any time, but will need to be sealed off until the last moment. Renovations to one part of the Dome can happen between early December and mid-February, between football and lacrosse while basketball is the main tenant and only taking up half of the floor. Otherwise, unless Lacrosse plays in the soccer stadium, there's only between mid-May and late August to get anything done.

Work will need to be done in sections if they don't want to pack up and play on the road all season.
hello...
th

I think Lacrosse gets kicked to the curb if that means getting a couple extra months to renovate. We draw, what, 5K per game. Put 'em at Coyne and move on.

I think Lacrosse gets kicked to the curb if that means getting a couple extra months to renovate. We draw, what, 5K per game. Put 'em at Coyne and move on.
That was my thought, too. As much as I love to see the Lax team play in the Dome, they might have to take one for the team on this one. Although, the Soccer Stadium (~1500 capacity) would be able to fit more folks than Coyne. And, if the reno is done in one of the years Lax doesn't have a lot of home games, the disruption is minimal.

That was my thought, too. As much as I love to see the Lax team play in the Dome, they might have to take one for the team on this one. Although, the Soccer Stadium (~1500 capacity) would be able to fit more folks than Coyne. And, if the reno is done in one of the years Lax doesn't have a lot of home games, the disruption is minimal.

Soccer stadium = grass

Coyne stadium = ancient field turf.

I'd almost prefer the new turf field at the T&F Complex, but I don't know if there will be any seats.

For one season (or maybe not even an entire season), that's not a deal-breaker for me. Now, as for Desktop... :noidea:

We need the practice on grass anyways. Or Frozen Tundra.

Cincinnati is going to have an upgraded stadium this fall. Here is a YouTube video with two construction updates for Nippert Stadium. Theater seats in some areas; padded seats everywhere else and individual urinals -- not troughs!

"individual urinals--not troughs!"

Girly men: step forward!

Drink a 6 pack of beer using that grill...and reevaluate. :D

Food for thought in the Dome upgrade discussion.

I got to see this in person on June 20th. Very impressive considering how old Nippert is. Very well done.

lummgr said:
Yes, there's nothing I'd rather do at SU games, than stand in a line like the ladies do. After all, I'm not there to watch a game or anything. #SaveThePeeTroughs
Come on Holy Shirt lets get this on a tee shirt!!!!!

MartyCuse said:
Come on Holy Shirt lets get this on a tee shirt!!!!!
Could start one on teespring?
A urinal behind an anti symbol on the front, #savethepeetroughs in the back.
(Orange with blue font, obviously)

Our football attendance would be like 8-10k if we played games at Metlife
I think he was referring to construction logistics (MetLife was built in a parking lot next to venerable old Giants Stadium).

But of course, knowing the Kaiser, you may be right. ;)

If any of you girly men are afraid of the troughs...there are toilets you can squat on.

Long live the greatest invention ever in stainless steel.
Or in the case of Clemson's stadium, in porcelain.