CJ Fair | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair

skurey

Living Legend
He should walk around dribbling a basketball with his right hand until the season starts in November. The man is a monster even though opponents know exactly which way he is going to go every time. If he can go both ways (;)) there is no one who will stop him.

Agreed. It reminds me of a story I remember reading about Lindsey Hunter, whose dad would tie his strong hand behind his back so that he was forced to dribble with his off hand.

CJ should also try to shoot 200 or 300 threes per day in the offseason. He does that and he'll be our best shooter.

Agreed. It reminds me of a story I remember reading about Lindsey Hunter, whose dad would tie his strong hand behind his back so that he was forced to dribble with his off hand.

CJ should also try to shoot 200 or 300 threes per day in the offseason. He does that and he'll be our best shooter.

He already was our best shooter!!!!

I CJ improves the quickness of his release on his shooting and his works on his handle, he should be able to carry the team next year and will be an ACC POY and NPOY Candidate.

He should dribble a tennis ball around. Works much better and it's easier to put away for class. :)

He doesn't need to develop the right. Just be able to hit 3 pointers from every spot on the floor.

He can then take anyone left that he wants when they have to come up on him hard to take away the 3 pointer.

He doesn't need to develop the right. Just be able to hit 3 pointers from every spot on the floor.

He can then take anyone left that he wants when they have to come up on him hard to take away the 3 pointer.

Eh, if anything, they could just close out while shading him to the left so that if he tries to drive left, they're already in position to draw an offensive foul.

He desperately needs to develop his right if he's going to be our star next year.

Eh, if anything, they could just close out while shading him to the left so that if he tries to drive left, they're already in position to draw an offensive foul.

He desperately needs to develop his right if he's going to be our star next year.

Southerland is not what anyone would call a real good dribbler. Yet, he could still penetrate with either hand b/c of how much the defense had to be on him to stop the 3.

Yet, a simple shot fake or C.J. dribbling with one step to his right (which he can already do) and hitting a mid range jumper would stop the close on the left real quick.

He missed numerous lay-up opportunities the last few games because he forced a shot to his left when it was wide open to his right. If he wants to play in the league he needs to be able to score going both ways.

He missed numerous lay-up opportunities the last few games because he forced a shot to his left when it was wide open to his right. If he wants to play in the league he needs to be able to score going both ways.

For the record, I am referring to him being the star next year at the collegiate level.

Obviously, to be successful in the NBA, he will need to develop his handle.

For the record, I am referring to him being the star next year at the collegiate level.

Obviously, to be successful in the NBA, he will need to develop his handle.
It's not just his handle, he needs to be able to hit a layup/baby hook with his right too. He can certainly help himself by becoming a better three point shooter, but there's no reason he can't work on scoring with both hands.

It's not just his handle, he needs to be able to hit a layup/baby hook with his right too. He can certainly help himself by becoming a better three point shooter, but there's no reason he can't work on scoring with both hands.

The number of players that can finish with both hands in college consistently is miniscule. That is one of the consequences of the AAU circuit.

I think people notice it more with Fair because he is a lefty and it looks weird. I mean, could anyone on Syracuse's team this year finish with both hands consistently? I didn't see Triche or MCW initiate many dribble drives where they would have had to finish with the left hand.

Now yea, if he could do improve it, that would be great. I just think it would be easier for him to get the confidence in his 3 pointer and have it game ready for next season then learning how to use his off hand.

Ah, he already is our best shooter.

The number of players that can finish with both hands in college consistently is miniscule. That is one of the consequences of the AAU circuit.

I think people notice it more with Fair because he is a lefty and it looks weird. I mean, could anyone on Syracuse's team this year finish with both hands consistently? I didn't see Triche or MCW initiate many dribble drives where they would have had to finish with the left hand.

Now yea, if he could do improve it, that would be great. I just think it would be easier for him to get the confidence in his 3 pointer and have it game ready for next season then learning how to use his off hand.
Triche was quited solid with both hands. MCW not as much, but he drove with both hands and would change to his right to finish. It's not just the hand he finished with, but how often did he even finish on the right side of the basket when it wasn't a dunk? If he can get even a baby hook from 6-8 feet with his right hand, it'll make that little fake before he spins left, that he loves to do, much more effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom