CJ Fair | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair

Celtics turned themselves into Atlanta North. Bunch of meh to good players and no alpha.

Celtics turned themselves into Atlanta North. Bunch of meh to good players and no alpha.
They should make moves for Aldridge in my opinion.

Hopefully it'll be like dominoes for Celtics. Right now, they have good players but no great players. Once one emerges from within or more likely if they can get a very good to great FA (which will be tough for sure), then the dominoes may fall and another 1 or 2 very good players may want to come (or trade), and it might make those within better. Maybe Ainge can finally pull off something big vs. just talking and trying. At least here's hoping.

It's a nice shot for CJ.
Celtics don't have great talent up front.
CJ's done nothing but work hard his entire college and D League career.
Here's hoping he sticks...he deserves it.

Five SU teams in history have gone to the Final Four, and CJ was the leading scorer of one of them, so he'll always be a special player for us.

I don't ever see him catching on in the NBA with his ball handling limitations, but I would absolutely love to be wrong about that.

I'm really exited for him. I hope he gets a shot at some minutes. He does have ball handling limitations but if he gets a shot with the right role I think he could do good.

Has anyone seen him play lately (I have not)? Maybe his dribbling has improved a lot? He was tearing up the stat sheet in the d league playoff

Great to hear he is getting a look. Havent followed his D league progress but hopefully he has turned his outside shot into a consistent weapon. At his size I think that is going to be the key for him to find an NBA roster and stick.

I think an outside the box thinker like hrad stevens is exactly who cj needs to play for. If he doesnt make it fine but stevens will give him a fair look.

Hopefully he's worked on his corner three. There aren't many 3's in the NBA who can't make 3's and thats what is holding CJ back from being in the NBA.

Five SU teams in history have gone to the Final Four, and CJ was the leading scorer of one of them, so he'll always be a special player for us.

I don't ever see him catching on in the NBA with his ball handling limitations, but I would absolutely love to be wrong about that.

Perfectly stated.

Hopefully he's worked on his corner three. There aren't many 3's in the NBA who can't make 3's and thats what is holding CJ back from being in the NBA.
If I remember correctly, CJ shot around 40% from 3 his junior year and close to that as a senior.

CJ shot very well as a Junior because he was left alone out there and only took good looks. His attempts were way up as a senior and his percentage way down. Obviously the defense keyed on him as a senior. I would think in the NBA he would not be the focus and if he were picky and judicious with his attempts he should at least be able to be respectable. That said he struggled with the deep ball in D-league last season.

CJ should try and model himself after Draymond Green. That's his best chance at making the league. Be an undersized 4 that can defend and be the screener in the pick and roll.

Love CJ, but if he can't become exceptional at either shooting the 3 or handling the ball, there isn't going to be a place in the league for him.

CJ should try and model himself after Draymond Green. That's his best chance at making the league. Be an undersized 4 that can defend and be the screener in the pick and roll.

I don't think he has the strength / weight to be Draymond. He could never guard Z Bo (imo).

I think Bruce Bowen could be more likely, but he has to be able to nail corner threes and become an elite defender.

I feel like CJ would be one of the most coachable / high IQ guys that could help gel a second team unit, especially on defense.

I think an outside the box thinker like hrad stevens is exactly who cj needs to play for. If he doesnt make it fine but stevens will give him a fair look.

Get it? GET IT??

Seriously though if anyone deserves to stick on a NBA roster it's CJ.

BTW - Celtics first summer league game is tonight at 9pm ET against Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom