*Sam Romano, M, Dallas, TX
Devin Shewell, A, Baltimore, MD
*Nate Solomon, A, Marietta, GA
Jonah Swigart, LSM/D, Agoura Hills, CA
#Bradley Voigt, A, Penn Yan, NY – Post Grad

*2015 Under Armour All-American
#2014 Under Armour All-American

Bomberry is UA as well.

Will any of these recruits play as a freshman? I understand the value of red-shirting, but I wonder if it deters high schoolers who want and can play right away from coming here.

Mellencamp and Bomberry have the best chance to play from day 1. Don't be surprised if one of them ends up starting especially Mellen. Offensively that's a little more tricky. Romano as a middie I think could make the second line. I like Solomon a lot but physically I'm not sure he will be ready. Sleeper is Voight who did a prep year I think he has a shot to make some noise especially if Evans struggles again and or is hurt. Don't forget about Thorpe who redshirted, pure attack guy with some serious skills.

My how times have changed. 10 different states/provinces represented. Only 3 upstate kids. Sometimes when you cast your net far and wide, you lose your focus. Time will tell.

Interesting see what the UNC and Hopkins have committed. Lots of talent.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/commitments-class-of-2015/29565
As per usual, right?

I never know what to make of these inside lacrosse rankings. Seems like lacrosse is a sport that just isn't organized enough across the country to get a true idea of who has the most potential. And there are a ton of misses. Just off the top of my head, 2 recent players that stick out were Billy Drew and Tom Grimm. I'm pretty sure both were ranked in the top 15, maybe even top 10. They were by no means bad players. But I'm not sure what justified their high rankings considering how physically limited they were

As per usual, right?

I never know what to make of these inside lacrosse rankings. Seems like lacrosse is a sport that just isn't organized enough across the country to get a true idea of who has the most potential. And there are a ton of misses. Just off the top of my head, 2 recent players that stick out were Billy Drew and Tom Grimm. I'm pretty sure both were ranked in the top 15, maybe even top 10. They were by no means bad players. But I'm not sure what justified their high rankings considering how physically limited they were
Question about Grimm. The guy was an all-world offensive player in H.S. in CNY. Was he physically limited? Or did he simply never get a shot at playing offense? Coaches do funny things sometimes.

Question about Grimm. The guy was an all-world offensive player in H.S. in CNY. Was he physically limited? Or did he simply never get a shot at playing offense? Coaches do funny things sometimes.
In an interview earlier this year he said he realized playing ssdm would be the quickest way to get in the field. I think he went to Desko and volunteered.

In an interview earlier this year he said he realized playing ssdm would be the quickest way to get in the field. I think he went to Desko and volunteered.
I hope next year they will turn him loose in transition. He got two goals this year, just by hanging around the offensive end and looking for open spots as the opposition substituted. Double digit goals next year is a reasonable objective.

Reece Belcher, FO, Alexandria, VA
*Tyson Bomberry, LSM/D, Oshweken, ON
David Dilts, D, Zionsville, IN
Andrew Helmer, D, Summit, NJ
Kevin Hutchings, M, Marcellus, NY – Post Grad
Nick Martin, FO/M, Beverly Hills, MI
*Nick Mellen, D, Camillus, NY
Alec Orazietti, A, Bernardsville, NJ
Riley O’Sullivan, A/M, Nyack, NY
Dom Principe, LSM/D, Kent Island, MD

I just checked the Laxpower database for the following 2 classes ('16 & '17). Not a single local kid (Sec III) in either group. I wonder if the strategy is to hold off on the kids they can see play every year up close. (Except for the extreme 5*'s.)

What year is Lelan's kid at Westhill? That's another walk-on if he comes to Cuse.

Thanks. I see him often on the highlights, looks like a pretty big kid.

All present and accounted for in the Student Directory.

Only potential one missing is our OCC transfer friend, no idea if Dekso still has an offer out there to join the team but I haven't heard a peep on him in a while.

Reece Belcher, FO, Alexandria, VA
*Tyson Bomberry, LSM/D, Oshweken, ON
David Dilts, D, Zionsville, IN
Andrew Helmer, D, Summit, NJ
Kevin Hutchings, M, Marcellus, NY – Post Grad
Nick Martin, FO/M, Beverly Hills, MI
*Nick Mellen, D, Camillus, NY
Alec Orazietti, A, Bernardsville, NJ
Riley O’Sullivan, A/M, Nyack, NY

I think that the talent level last year was extremely good but Desko once again blew the opportunity to go all the way. I believe the game has past him by. I think that Gary should be coaching theme and another quality coach for the ladies/women.

I think that the talent level last year was extremely good but Desko once again blew the opportunity to go all the way. I believe the game has past him by. I think that Gary should be coaching theme and another quality coach for the ladies/women.
Because, of course, coaching solely the women's game for his entire career instantly qualifies him to be handed the reins of the greatest college lacrosse program ever. :rolleyes:

Because, of course, coaching solely the women's game for his entire career instantly qualifies him to be handed the reins of the greatest college lacrosse program ever. :rolleyes:
Well, he did coach the men's indoor game for quite a while.

Well, he did coach the men's indoor game for quite a while.
Sorry - doesn't do it, for me. Let him intern elsewhere. Nothing against him at all. I just don't think you can easily jump from one entirely different sport to another. And women's lax is an entirely different sport.

Plus, I'm tired of the constant criticism of a coach who has a handful of rings (almost averaging 1 title for every 2 years he has been HC). Is he perfect? No. Has the game passed him by? No.

Sorry - doesn't do it, for me. Let him intern elsewhere. Nothing against him at all. I just don't think you can easily jump from one entirely different sport to another. And women's lax is an entirely different sport.

Plus, I'm tired of the constant criticism of a coach who has a handful of rings (almost averaging 1 title for every 2 years he has been HC). Is he perfect? No. Has the game passed him by? No.
I was only commenting on your statement that Gait has been "coaching solely the women's game his entire career".

Of course, the men's and women's field games are entirely different.

I was only commenting on your statement that Gait has been "coaching solely the women's game his entire career".

Of course, the men's and women's field games are entirely different.
Gotcha.

As per usual, right?

Wouldnt on rankings/popularity but I what I and others see. This is a good and deep recruiting class.
This is a good recruiting class and Desko is a fine coach.

Wouldnt on rankings/popularity but I what I and others see. This is a good and deep recruiting class.

This is a good recruiting class and Desko is a fine coach.
He is missing something considering the level of talent at his disposal. Consider this. The Orange in lacrosse is a power house in recruiting much likeAlabama and FSU are in football.With this kind of talent , how long would a coach at the two schools I mentioned last before he was fired? In addition the lacrosse program is literally in the best recruiting section of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom