Class of 2015 - class rankings | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 class rankings

Macky44

Starter
I havent seen a list lately...but does anyone remember what our latest projection was for class ranking?

rvls sucks

Skout had a neat function, as of last week, that it appears they did away with. They had national, regional, and state positional rankings but appears they're just back to national. I was taking note of how many 1's and 2's we had in their respective state. Shy was #1 OLB from MA as well as Adams #1 from CT among others.

Skout had a neat function, as of last week, that it appears they did away with. They had national, regional, and state positional rankings but appears they're just back to national. I was taking note of how many 1's and 2's we had in their respective state. Shy was #1 OLB from MA as well as Adams #1 from CT among others.
247 has that they have shy at 7...but them and espn have a kicker at number 1... I will be realistic there is joe gaziano who won mr football and lukas denis that took figaros place and shy. Thats your top 3 coming out of mass. Denis is headed to bc gaziano is headed to north western. The kicker is headed to notre dame ( i guess thats why they gave him 1) but the other kids on the list not very good.

247 has that they have shy at 7...but them and espn have a kicker at number 1... I will be realistic there is joe gaziano who won mr football and lukas denis that took figaros place and shy. Thats your top 3 coming out of mass. Denis is headed to bc gaziano is headed to north western. The kicker is headed to notre dame ( i guess thats why they gave him 1) but the other kids on the list not very good.

It was an interesting exercise for me to compare ranking by state. I certainly feel a lot better knowing we have the 1st and 2nd ranked recruit by position in their given state in states that aren't known football recruiting hot beds. Some of the FL kids were in the teens or 20s but they put out 100+ d1 kids per year so ended up going by percentile aka 1st in MA = top 10% in FL, 2nd in CT = top 20% fl, etc. At least thats how I made sense of it in my head. I don't care what state you're from, if you're top 3, you're a baller.

I think I have said this in Shy's thread before but when we went to the new jersey Rivals the guy that over saw the line backers workouts from Rvls came over and told me Shy was the best linebacker at the camp. Now that was the camp with a ton of the big names I remember fox was there and then fitzpatrick and a bunch of the other big name d backs in this cycle. The guy said Shy had everything you would ever want in a linebacker speed size flexibility he had it all. Then came 1 on 1's and any of the tightend routes or running back routes Shy killed it. Then came the deep routes and Shy didnt perform as well...he wasn't terrible but he wasnt a shut down corner. I think I have mentioned they gave the top award to minka and unless someone teaches that kid to not beat the receivers up 15 yards down field...well he may end up setting the school record at alabama for most pass interference calls. But in the end of the camp... no rating for Shy no write up nothing...how does a coach say he is great and they not rate him? I have no use for the rating system or the rating agencies...it would be one thing if they never seen the kid but they did see him and he killed it at that camp...k rant over

Not a big rankings guy, just look at Nassib, Pugh and Lemon's class. They were ranked in the 90's and we all know how that ended up.

Not a big rankings guy, just look at Nassib, Pugh and Lemon's class. They were ranked in the 90's and we all know how that ended up.

Yes and no. I don't really care about site rankings as far as what the actual value of a player is/will be BUT I feel like recruits will tend to flock towards similar level recruits. If they don't know a player specifically, their first inclination is likely to look them up online and see where they're rated. If a kid is top 10 in his state, he'd probably feel better knowing the rest of his recruiting class is of similar stature.

I havent seen a list lately...but does anyone remember what our latest projection was for class ranking?
This is not a generally profitable line of inquiry unless you are signing lots of kids that the other major schools have also offered, and even then it's somewhat of a crap shoot. Which rating service are you going to rely on? How is the aggregate class ranking determined? Do you care more about a class of 15 "4-star" guys or a class of 27 "3-star" guys? Etc. What position is a kid rated for? A service might rate a guy as a TE/DE with emphasis on TE. Say you definitely want him at DE. Did the service rate him primarily as a TE or DE?

The only meaningful bits you can take away are how well you are doing in a generic sense, and whether you have any bona fide stars. We have a large class that is solid top-to-bottom with guys who are generally regarded as true P5 prospects. As of the current ratings, we don't have any superstars. That may change with the year-end ratings adjustment.

But trying to figure out if you are better or worse off than the 30 other schools in the same boat is a losing battle.

This is not a generally profitable line of inquiry unless you are signing lots of kids that the other major schools have also offered, and even then it's somewhat of a crap shoot. Which rating service are you going to rely on? How is the aggregate class ranking determined? Do you care more about a class of 15 "4-star" guys or a class of 27 "3-star" guys? Etc. What position is a kid rated for? A service might rate a guy as a TE/DE with emphasis on TE. Say you definitely want him at DE. Did the service rate him primarily as a TE or DE?

The only meaningful bits you can take away are how well you are doing in a generic sense, and whether you have any bona fide stars. We have a large class that is solid top-to-bottom with guys who are generally regarded as true P5 prospects. As of the current ratings, we don't have any superstars. That may change with the year-end ratings adjustment.

But trying to figure out if you are better or worse off than the 30 other schools in the same boat is a losing battle.

Agree. Total conjecture. Glad to see 3s across the board with P5 offers though. Its a good step.

Im aware of all this javadoc haha. I was just asking if anyone saw our ranking lately. Honestly i think star ratings are a joke, and have alot of knowledge in the recruiting game but was just looking for what they said lately. Much like Boeheim ignores ratings and recruits for his system...i have always felt that was all that mattered. Recruit for your needs and who you want to be the face of your program and ignore the outsiders. My curiosity in regards to the class ranking is merely to get a scope of the general view on the direction of our program in recruiting from a national standpoint.

I think I have said this in Shy's thread before but when we went to the new jersey Rivals the guy that over saw the line backers workouts from Rvls came over and told me Shy was the best linebacker at the camp. Now that was the camp with a ton of the big names I remember fox was there and then fitzpatrick and a bunch of the other big name d backs in this cycle. The guy said Shy had everything you would ever want in a linebacker speed size flexibility he had it all. Then came 1 on 1's and any of the tightend routes or running back routes Shy killed it. Then came the deep routes and Shy didnt perform as well...he wasn't terrible but he wasnt a shut down corner. I think I have mentioned they gave the top award to minka and unless someone teaches that kid to not beat the receivers up 15 yards down field...well he may end up setting the school record at alabama for most pass interference calls. But in the end of the camp... no rating for Shy no write up nothing...how does a coach say he is great and they not rate him? I have no use for the rating system or the rating agencies...it would be one thing if they never seen the kid but they did see him and he killed it at that camp...k rant over

Skout rankings are back up. Have Shy as 83rd overall olb; 9th in the East, 1st in MA (shocking to noboby).

So according to Skout we have the following as top 11 players at their position from their states:
#1 TE in PA (who we recruited as DE)
#1 QB from OR
#8 OLB from OH
#8 DT from GA
#11 S from GA
#2 S from OH
#1 OLB from MA
#2 DE from CT
#2 OG from IL
#1 OT from CT
#1 RB from NJ
#10 OT from FL
#4 OT from IL
#3 RB from NY
#2 RB from NY

The rest of the guys are either not ranked or ranked in the teens in FL aside from 1 outlier in the 20s.

Skout rankings are back up. Have Shy as 83rd overall olb; 9th in the East, 1st in MA (shocking to noboby).

So according to Skout we have the following as top 11 players at their position from their states:
#1 TE in PA (who we recruited as DE)
#1 QB from OR
#8 OLB from OH
#8 DT from GA
#11 S from GA
#2 S from OH
#1 OLB from MA
#2 DE from CT
#2 OG from IL
#1 OT from CT
#1 RB from NJ
#10 OT from FL
#4 OT from IL
#3 RB from NY
#2 RB from NY

The rest of the guys are either not ranked or ranked in the teens in FL aside from 1 outlier in the 20s.
Who's the #1 RB from NY? Surprised its not Fredricks

Who's the #1 RB from NY? Surprised its not Fredricks

Jonathan Forrest RB New Rochelle (N.Y.) New Rochelle HS

~mods, am I not allowed to link to that page? They are doing some good work over there and thus figured they'd want the page hits?

Last edited:
Jonathan ForrestRBNew Rochelle (N.Y.) New Rochelle HS

~mods, am I not allowed to link to that page? They are doing some good work over there and thus figured they'd want the page hits?
Yeah that needs to change soon.

If you had to pick a site to look at for star ratings which one do you think is most accurate? Between ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247.

It would be a lot easier to evaluate how our recruiting was going if we better understood our requirements. On defense we appear to be very solid, but offense is a guess based on bits and pieces of info we all read in the media. We don't really know what Lester is going to run and I don't see any big hints from the recruiting. Kids hear what they want to hear in recruiting sessions so I don't get too excited over the TE comments. More tight ends in the formations can simply mean more blocking and check down options. Who knows?

Seems to me what we do know is that this class appears to be very solid from top to bottom - perhaps our most solid in a very long time. I like that we are winning with some kids with good offers even after our lousy season. These guys can recruit and that is 90% of the battle.

Yeah that needs to change soon.

Just watched Fredericks highlights, can't watch Perkins since hudl only has hoops and I can't view youtube @ work. Suffice to say, we look extremely good at RB in this class based off Fredericks and Strickland alone. I'm fairly certain Perkins film won't disappoint either.

Crusty said:
It would be a lot easier to evaluate how our recruiting was going if we better understood our requirements. On defense we appear to be very solid, but offense is a guess based on bits and pieces of info we all read in the media. We don't really know what Lester is going to run and I don't see any big hints from the recruiting. Kids hear what they want to hear in recruiting sessions so I don't get too excited over the TE comments. More tight ends in the formations can simply mean more blocking and check down options. Who knows? Seems to me what we do know is that this class appears to be very solid from top to bottom - perhaps our most solid in a very long time. I like that we are winning with some kids with good offers even after our lousy season. These guys can recruit and that is 90% of the battle.

Did you watch the Elmhurst games on YouTube that you pointed me to? Pretty interesting stuff.

Agree on the recruiting. Positive momentum despite the way the season ended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom