Clemson Group Tickets & Tailgate | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Group Tickets & Tailgate

espn usually takes the game with highest ranked team for non noon start and that week the games are very blah.

BC@ Wake
Syracuse@ Clemson
UNC@ Virginia
Georgia Tech @ Pittsburgh

those are the Saturday games 2 will be 330 or at night on espn family or 330 with rsn game since rsn has DH that week at noon and 330) ,1 at 1230 and 1 at noon.

BC @ Wake is the most likely noon game, I have GT @ Pitt at 1230 , and the other 2 games at 330

sometimes i LOVE being wrong (especially when i drunk post)... and a 7pm game is going to be awesome!

We are taking a bus from siracusas in Atl. All Aboard!

Greetings Orangemen! I lurked your boards looking for information regarding FSU's game against Syracuse. While doing so, i stumbled on this thread. One thing that is missing is some perspective from a visiting fan who has been to an away game, so I will attempt to provide some insight since this board was informative for us going to SU this weekend.

First off, noon will be wayyyy too late to start a tailgate. I have been going to FSUs game against Clemson since i was a sophmore in 03, and for night games,we typically get there by 10 and the campus is already pretty full with tailgaters. So i would suggest starting a tad earlier.

Second, for anyone needing to park away from your tailgate, there is a great lot going north on cherry rd coming from perimiter rd, on the right. It is a 15 min walk to stadium, but on the way you wakk in front of their library, where their band does their warmups 2hrs before the game. It is a stunning sight, with a giant reflection pool in front of them. I recommend seeing it.

Third, plan a long time leaving campus after the game. The town is about the size of canton or potsdam (i grew up in northern ny and my mom even drew that comparison). Im sure you can imagine how crammed a town that size woukd be with 100k tailgaters and 1 way in, 1 way out. Thats why they get ther really early and tailgate all day.

Last, the reason i always go to our Clemson game every 2 years and tell everybody else to go is because they are the epitome of southern hospitality in every way. Anybody that goes will have the best game day experience of their lives. If anyone has questions on what to expect, send me a privste message or post it here.

7pm is a game changer. Anyone have recommendations for a hotel? Need walking distance from the stadium and the tailgate.

7pm is a game changer. Anyone have recommendations for a hotel? Need walking distance from the stadium and the tailgate.
Good Luck...you needed to plan well ahead for these things. Clemson is a small town with a rabid fan base. I suggest you suck it up and leave 1 hour after the game and drive 1 hour away in whatever direction that helps you get home.

Use this to help on your hotel/motel search...the major chains might be sold out. You might have to stay at a Mom and Pop Motel.

http://www.motelguide.com/

Most people stay in greenville or in any of the towns between there and Atlanta (i now live in atlanta and its about an hour 45 min going there anc about 3.5hrs coming back from the game)

Greetings Orangemen! I lurked your boards looking for information regarding FSU's game against Syracuse. While doing so, i stumbled on this thread. One thing that is missing is some perspective from a visiting fan who has been to an away game, so I will attempt to provide some insight since this board was informative for us going to SU this weekend.

First off, noon will be wayyyy too late to start a tailgate. I have been going to FSUs game against Clemson since i was a sophmore in 03, and for night games,we typically get there by 10 and the campus is already pretty full with tailgaters. So i would suggest starting a tad earlier.

Second, for anyone needing to park away from your tailgate, there is a great lot going north on cherry rd coming from perimiter rd, on the right. It is a 15 min walk to stadium, but on the way you wakk in front of their library, where their band does their warmups 2hrs before the game. It is a stunning sight, with a giant reflection pool in front of them. I recommend seeing it.

Third, plan a long time leaving campus after the game. The town is about the size of canton or potsdam (i grew up in northern ny and my mom even drew that comparison). Im sure you can imagine how crammed a town that size woukd be with 100k tailgaters and 1 way in, 1 way out. Thats why they get ther really early and tailgate all day.

Last, the reason i always go to our Clemson game every 2 years and tell everybody else to go is because they are the epitome of southern hospitality in every way. Anybody that goes will have the best game day experience of their lives. If anyone has questions on what to expect, send me a privste message or post it here.

Thanks for the info ganole. Haven't been to Clemson before, appreciate the advice.

How was your trip to Syracuse? Did you have a good time? Were you treated well?

Good Luck...you needed to plan well ahead for these things. Clemson is a small town with a rabid fan base. I suggest you suck it up and leave 1 hour after the game and drive 1 hour away in whatever direction that helps you get home.

Use this to help on your hotel/motel search...the major chains might be sold out. You might have to stay at a Mom and Pop Motel.

http://www.motelguide.com/

Mark

I was able to grab a hotel in Easley SC. Its about 15-20 miles from Clemson. I would also suggest some of the locations in Greenville. If anyone is still looking a place to stay.

Thanks for the info ganole. Haven't been to Clemson before, appreciate the advice.

How was your trip to Syracuse? Did you have a good time? Were you treated well?
We had a great time! I am from Malone, NY and moved to Florida when I was 12, so it was a trip home so to speak. We were treated well by everybody, though i was a little disappointed in the lack of early tailgating, but thats more of a southern thing. We just grabbed our coolers explored, and showed up at some random tailgates. it was a very good weekend!

Mark

I was able to grab a hotel in Easley SC. Its about 15-20 miles from Clemson. I would also suggest some of the locations in Greenville. If anyone is still looking a place to stay.
Easley is a good place to stay. It is a straight shot up SC Highway 123 into Clemson. You can stay on 123 until you hit Perimeter Road (left turn). Once on Perimeter Road, it is about 1/4 mile to the Y-Beach general parking area where most visiting fans tailgate. The best part of this route is that you avoid going through the smaller "inner" roads on the campus, and will only have to deal with I think 3 stop lights once outside of Easley.

The lots open at 8 am. If you leave Easley by 9:30, you should be able to make it to Y-Beach with little traffic concerns. If you wait until after 12 pm, you could be in for more traffic headaches.

Is this the lot you are speaking of? Is it a cash lot on game day?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x88585e125cfb52c5:0x1c03b2f64f4b1191

Yes it is. Last year it was not a pay lot. There was alot of open grass to set up tents and stuff like that. One thing I forgot to mention is that the top deck at Clemson is incredibly steep, and the entrance to the section is at the very bottom, so plan on alot of climbing to the seats. However, it os a nice birds eye view of the field so the seats arent too bad. Allow time to explore their campus as it is very beautiful, and dont hesitate to go to any tent and say hi. They are the funnest group of fans to tailgate and drink with in our conference.

From Clemson's website
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15983979#15983979

I hate to think what they would be saying if they had won the game...

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/10/13/6969647/louisville-clemson-recap-2014-spike-petrino

some quotes:

"Walking around and taking in the sights before and after the game, I definitely felt like the lifelong minor league player getting called up to the bigs for the first time."

"The tailgate scene is a world we're not used to. Everyone has team-themed tents, they decorate their tailgate tables with team-specific items and orange purple flowers and table clothes, and they all have TVs nicer than any of the ones in my house. They get there early, they get into the game on time, and then they head back to their tailgates and keep things going well after the final second has ticked off the close. There's an overwhelming sense of "this is just what we do on Saturdays," and it's pretty cool."

"There was a moment at one point in the first quarter where the place was going nuts and I had to remind myself that I was at a Louisville football game. The whole weekend felt like an official baptism into the world of big-time college football."

best road trip I have made in 30 years of road trips
"Those people can party like no other, and they are so friendly. I felt more at home 400 miles away in South Carolina than I have ever felt anywhere outside of Jefferson County. Jello shots, turkey legs, white chili, gratuitous beers, wine, man, I even had lady offer me a tent so I could be in the shade. The only thing I wasn’t offered was carnal knowledge, so I am saving that for 2016. Next trip I bring my boat, my bike, my dog, and stay like a month."

"The highest of compliments to Clemson on the atmosphere and hospitality. I wish I’d taken pictures from our beautiful tailgate location up the hill near the amphitheater. Every fan I met was so friendly and welcoming. My first encounters brought surprise and amusement that somehow I’d run into the nicest Clemson fans possible… But it happened again and again, without exception. Then I heard the same stories repeated from all of the 36 people on our bus trip. I can’t wait to travel there again and suggest that all of you add it to your football bucket list. Clemson IS the big time!"

"Every.Thing. about Saturday was awesome (minus the last 45 seconds of the game). The trip in, the beach (holy ####! Their school has a freaking beach!), the fans – we hadn’t been onsite for 15 minutes yet and had already been greeted by as many Clemson fans. Seriously, if this is what ACC football is all about, it’s time for us to step our games up as fans."

Really nice post. Thanks for all the info. In 2016, you must stop by our Fine Mess tailgate (or wherever it will be held then).

Apologies if I missed a post about this - now that we have a game time, do we know the hours for the tailgate, setup time etc?
Thanks

From what I know of Clemson...get there early. Also, fill up your gas tank before setting out for the game. Expect to idle in traffic awhile after the game. It might take you 90-120 mins to clear town.

From what I know of Clemson...get there early. Also, fill up your gas tank before setting out for the game. Expect to idle in traffic awhile after the game. It might take you 90-120 mins to clear town.

We will be driving to the tailgate in the morning - about 3:15 or so. That means the earliest we will be there will be around 10:30. Is that early enough to help set-up?

After the game, I am assuming we can walk back to the Church and hang until the traffic clears. We are staying over in Greenvillle Saturday night and then heading to Charlotte on Sunday before we head home.

I emailed the parking lot we are using for the tailgate to see when we can start setting up. I will let you know once I hear back.

Personally if I start drinking before noon for a 7:00 PM game I might not make it to the game :).

That being said we will probably start to set-up whatever time they say we are allowed to come in. After the game is no rush to get out. They have asked the cars be out of the parking lot by 7 AM the following morning.

I emailed the parking lot we are using for the tailgate to see when we can start setting up. I will let you know once I hear back.

Personally if I start drinking before noon for a 7:00 PM game I might not make it to the game :).

That being said we will probably start to set-up whatever time they say we are allowed to come in. After the game is no rush to get out. They have asked the cars be out of the parking lot by 7 AM the following morning.
Thanks, that sounds perfect for us.

UGH. Looking for two more Clemson Tickets, preferably in our Cuse Section. I just had two friends (who said no the first time around) say they want in. Or if anyone has a group of 5, I'm happy to give my 3 tickets to you and pay the difference of the other two.

Thanks in advanced!

UGH. Looking for two more Clemson Tickets, preferably in our Cuse Section. I just had two friends (who said no the first time around) say they want in. Or if anyone has a group of 5, I'm happy to give my 3 tickets to you and pay the difference of the other two.

Thanks in advanced!
I may be able to help you out. I have had a bunch of people cancel on me already. Will receive final word probably tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom