Clemson's KJ McDaniels and Baylor's Isiah Austin are headed to the league | Syracusefan.com

Clemson's KJ McDaniels and Baylor's Isiah Austin are headed to the league

Deano

All American
Agreed on both. In a recent chat Chad Ford mentioned that McDaniels' stock is rising. Definitely a bottom of the first round guy who could move up a bit.

To me Isiah Austin is Perry Jones part II. will say he is a little taller, and he is a better shooter, but I just don't see him having a lot of success in the NBA unless he can pack on about 20 pounds.

To me Isiah Austin is Perry Jones part II. will say he is a little taller, and he is a better shooter, but I just don't see him having a lot of success in the NBA unless he can pack on about 20 pounds.
The adding wt thing has also been said about our very own Jeremy Grant. Without looking over the draft, I'd bet there are a lot of guys that could stand to gain 20 or so.

The adding wt thing has also been said about our very own Jeremy Grant. Without looking over the draft, I'd bet there are a lot of guys that could stand to gain 20 or so.
I have no doubt you are correct, but when a guy is listed at 7'1 I feel like that weight would be much more important than to a guy that big who would have to guard the likes of Zach Randolph and Kevin Love.

I have no doubt you are correct, but when a guy is listed at 7'1 I feel like that weight would be much more important than to a guy that big who would have to guard the likes of Zach Randolph and Kevin Love.
He's about the same size Tyson Chandler was when he was drafted. He'll add weight.

He's about the same size Tyson Chandler was when he was drafted. He'll add weight.
tyson never acted like a wing, though. tyson had to build a tough inside game. austin is gonna drift away from the basket on offense and is pretty slow/unphysical on d. to me, he's nothing more than another body in the nba.

tyson never acted like a wing, though. tyson had to build a tough inside game. austin is gonna drift away from the basket on offense and is pretty slow/unphysical on d. to me, he's nothing more than another body in the nba.
I know nothing about his game. I was just commenting on his ability to add wt and comparing him to someone with a similar body when entering the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom