Clinton Portis was asked for the 3 toughest ACC stadiums he's played at... | Syracusefan.com

Clinton Portis was asked for the 3 toughest ACC stadiums he's played at...

Pat Kelly

2nd String
Keep in mind, this is only out of the schools he played at while he was at Miami, so mostly former Big East schools. He's actually pretty entertaining. Worth the watch.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/video-detail/FpZ3g4cTqBm5y3WkDwiunB9XTm3qSLPB

1) Lane Stadium--VT
2) Alumni Stadium--BC
3) Doak Campbell--FSU

He called Alumni the "Baby Frozen Tundra". Just a little advantage we could have over those Southern schools if we ever did get a new retractable roof stadium.

Keep in mind, this is only out of the schools he played at while he was at Miami, so mostly former Big East schools. He's actually pretty entertaining. Worth the watch.

1) Lane Stadium--VT
2) Alumni Stadium--BC
3) Doak Campbell--FSU

He called Alumni the "Baby Frozen Tundra". Just a little advantage we could have over those Southern schools if we ever did get a new retractable roof stadium.
That was pretty good. Although I've been to Alumni stadium twice and it was quieter than Pottery Barn

Although he's saying the elements are what makes it tough in november

That was pretty good. Although I've been to Alumni stadium twice and it was quieter than Pottery Barn

Exactly, so the fact that elements can make such a quiet stadium tougher to play at than Doak has to say something about the perspective of some of these Southern players. I love the Dome, but at the same time I know there's an advantage that we have in this area that we aren't taking advantage of--the weather.

Exactly, so the fact that elements can make such a quiet stadium tougher to play at than Doak has to say something about the perspective of some of these Southern players. I love the Dome, but at the same time I know there's an advantage that we have in this area that we aren't taking advantage of--the weather.

Wouldn't having a retractable roof mean that when the weather is bad (i.e. really cold) that the roof would be closed? Otherwise what's the point of a retractable roof?

Wouldn't having a retractable roof mean that when the weather is bad (i.e. really cold) that the roof would be closed? Otherwise what's the point of a retractable roof?
Close it for basketball season?

Keep it open for a cold game against a southern school. Close it for a rainy day against a norther school (no advantage to exploit).

Keep it open for a cold game against a southern school. Close it for a rainy day against a norther school (no advantage to exploit).

With the new IPF going online soon and the fact that we recruit a good amount of kids from Florida, Georgia, etc., is it really a home field advantage for us to play in the freezing cold? Seems like the elements would suck almost as much for us as they would for some southern school coming here.

With the new IPF going online soon and the fact that we recruit a good amount of kids from Florida, Georgia, etc., is it really a home field advantage for us to play in the freezing cold? Seems like the elements would suck almost as much for us as they would for some southern school coming here.
Our practice facility isn't indoors because we have a Dome… that's just the way most teams do it.

Portis%20Sheriff%20gonna%20getcha.jpg

1) Lane Stadium--VT
2) Alumni Stadium--BC
3) Doak Campbell--FSU

I remember the whitewash his Canes put on us in the dome barely (26-0 I think). The wives/girlfriends took the bus from Armory. A group of six each bought and drank a growler from Empire (in addition to the pre-game) on our long walk to the dome.

Alumni Stadium?

That has to be one of the easiest stadiums to play in. Goodness. Playing surface I suppose makes sense.

Depends on what you practice in. Not all practices have to be held in the IPF. Just like when the team had Manley, they would practice outside as long as it wasn't inclement weather. If we ever did have a stadium with a retractable roof, our kids would be much better adapted to cold temperatures than southern teams.