Closer Look @ SU Unis | Syracusefan.com

Closer Look @ SU Unis

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
10533491_10204461813729885_5825803079568463933_n.jpg

That "Lock The Gate" is amazing.

Hypothetical, lets say in a few years Schafer gets fired (Hope not but you never know if he doesn't produce), do we still keep the lock the gate saying on the uniforms?

spo023 said:
Hypothetical, lets say in a few years Schafer gets fired (Hope not but you never know if he doesn't produce), do we still keep the lock the gate saying on the uniforms?

The shelve life of any uniform nowadays is only a few years.

Would prefer to keep the block S patch rather than the funky 44 patch on the collar. Otherwise I think they are ok.

These Uni's are THE BOMB. They have the same over all style impact as Ok State and Mizzou , who played in a bowl last season , I think it was the Cotton. When I was watching it , I thought to myself , this is what modern top level College Football looks like and I wish Syracuse could make the leap. Well, these Uni's exceeded make hopes . Thank you very much Dr. Gross , I think you have hit your stride.

Between "lock the gate" and "hardnosed" I'd say Shafer is the first SU coach ever who really understands marketing.

Love it.

I don't believe that he understands marketing necessarily. I believe that is truly who he is and what he is and is part of his philosophy. He is the real deal and genuine in every way. It just happens to be very marketable.

Love having him as our HC, hope he is here until he retires.

Between "lock the gate" and "hardnosed" I'd say Shafer is the first SU coach ever who really understands marketing.

Love it.
Shafer is like a beatnik generation flow of consciousness poet, sometimes the exhortations are sublime genius , other times they can give you the oogies. Where does he hold his drum circles?

In general, I like the new unis and helmets. I don't like the numbers. They look anorexic.

Bought the new t-shirts for my nephew. He loves them.

I wonder if by now SU/nike have done any research on these. I know I hate them and in talking with my kids HS team its far more on the hate than the love side. They look gangish to me. I think this is more a inner city vs country thing to me.

I wonder if by now SU/nike have done any research on these. I know I hate them and in talking with my kids HS team its far more on the hate than the love side. They look gangish to me. I think this is more a inner city vs country thing to me.

What about them makes you think "gangish"? Seriously, I don't see it at all. And, I'm a suburbanite senior citizen and I love them. Before anyone says anything, senior citizen does not equate to senility.

As a college student, once athlete...these uniforms are the shi-

Scooch said:
Between "lock the gate" and "hardnosed" I'd say Shafer is the first SU coach ever who really understands marketing. Love it.

Don't forget "Boooom!". Not sure if you follow recruiting on twitter, but that phrase only means one thing.

upperdeck said:

Right. Country is not exactly what you'd want to equate NY's team with. If you're marketing yourself against what's out there and trying hard to win the hearts of kids growing up on the city - this is the look you're looking for.

so when do the " Lock the Gate " T-Shirts come out....

or should order a 1,000 of them and beat Herb Phillipson to the show

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom