CM in 1st rd to Celts per | Syracusefan.com

CM in 1st rd to Celts per

I hope CMac is getting stronger. He won't do much playing soft like he did in some of our games.

I wish him the best and hope he gets with a good team/organization that knows how to use him.

I wouldn't take any player with a torn ACL in the first round unless they were a can't miss prospect, but if Danny Ainge keeps the 29th pick and takes CM I won't be shocked. They also have the 33rd pick if he was still around.

Chad Ford and draft.net has Cmac going there. I'm a Celts fan and I dont even know if I like it. Honestly cuse glasses off, I'd rather they take Rak at 29. They really really need an athletic big. With their 16th pick in a perfect world I would like them to get a shooter. R.J Hunter would be ideal. And then get the athletic big at 29. Dont know who will still be there at 29, but I am willing to bet Rak will.

Its really amazing (meaning sad) that ANY team would choose CM over Rakeem Christmas.
"Upside" and "potential" are the key words.

I think someone is going to be smart to pick McCullough, as long as he's on track to get back to 100% health (and adding muscle). He's still got so much potential it's ridiculous.

Why yes, I do have something to shill: http://.com/mccullough-more-than-worthy-of-a-first-round-pick/

Ainge has said that he has no long-term plan and is just trying to acquire as many assets as he can, which is in fact a plan. His idea is to try and turn a bunch of players/picks into an attractive enough package to get a star, which is what the Celtics need. Stevens is an excellent coach, but he isn't going to win anything without talent.

Drafting CMac would be par for the course with Ainge. Like he did with Fab, he's going to try and swing for the fences with a later 1st rd pick. If he misses, it's not going to kill the team, but if he hits, he's closer to building a title team.

It's not about McCullough next year, it's about McCullough in 2-3 years and in 2-3 years he has tremedous upside.

I'm going to the Hawks game tonight which reminds me of a weak, skinny guy they drafted in 2013. Dennis Schroder, now in 2015, might be the best Point Guard on a team with an All-Star Point Guard starting ahead of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom