CMU game | Syracusefan.com

CMU game

upperdeck

Living Legend
if we play better, win playing well then the Vill game is gone from the memory.. if we lose or play poorly again I doubt we build anything going forward for the Maryland game. 2-0 with two poor efforts we will have a crappy crowd. 2-0 with 3 weeks removed from an awful effort we might get a decent crowd. 1-1 and there will be crickets that only a ND win or FSU have a shot at getting people back in the Dome.

I dont think the D played nearly as poorly as some are remembering. when you go back and watch the game, Villanova could not run, ran away from pressure all game long and squeaked out first down and after first down by the slimmest of margins. you dont often see teams run 60 times for 3 yds a carry and have it work out well.

if we play better, win playing well then the Vill game is gone from the memory.. if we lose or play poorly again I doubt we build anything going forward for the Maryland game. 2-0 with two poor efforts we will have a crappy crowd. 2-0 with 3 weeks removed from an awful effort we might get a decent crowd. 1-1 and there will be crickets that only a ND win or FSU have a shot at getting people back in the Dome.

I dont think the D played nearly as poorly as some are remembering. when you go back and watch the game, Villanova could not run, ran away from pressure all game long and squeaked out first down and after first down by the slimmest of margins. you dont often see teams run 60 times for 3 yds a carry and have it work out well.
The only issue we seemed to have on defense was containing the scrambling QB. I honestly think the team as a whole was looking past the game, but we still got the win and that's what matters. This moving QB issue has to be fixed because there's a decent amount of them on our schedule (Golson, Winston, etc.).

Nova ran up 389 total yards and was only forced to punt 3 times.

007 said:
Also, Nova might have scored a touchdown on their final drive of regulation if they didn't settle for a field goal.

TOP TOP TOP that's what killed us. Nova had only 1 three and out.

Yet could only punch it in once in regulation. Defense wasn't very good, but they managed a win.

The D was on the field way too long, we continue to get crushed by dual threat QBs. I am relieved the CMU kid isn't a dual threat QB. 10 points in regulation isn't terrible however. Our offense was even less impressive as far as I was concerned, limited possessions/ejected Hunt or not

Nova's game plan was to play ball control, and it worked to some extent (37:48 - 22:24). But despite sustaining long drives, they were only able to put 10 points on the board against out defense. And we only gave up 330 yds in regulation, which isn't terrible - hell, JMU gained 302 yds. in a 52-7 blowout loss to Maryland, and Elon put up 328 yds. in a 52-13 loss to Duke.
On the other side of the coin, here's an unusual stat: SU only had 8 possessions in regulation. We scored on 3 and punted on 5.

If they don't have a mobile QB and we have Hunt, we win by 14+.

The only issue we seemed to have on defense was containing the scrambling QB. I honestly think the team as a whole was looking past the game, but we still got the win and that's what matters. This moving QB issue has to be fixed because there's a decent amount of them on our schedule (Golson, Winston, etc.).
I could not agree more. We won't recognize the team that takes the field in two weeks at CMU. Cuse will win by 3 TD's and the Nova game will be a distant memory.

We will have ACC refs at CMU, don't know where they from against Nova. Usually the road team brings the refs.

The defense actually only gave up 3 in regulation.

1st and GOAL at SU05Monangai, K. rush up middle for 5 yards to the SU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 10:17.
that happened in the 1st. to tie the score. from the play by play on S.U. athletics

1st and GOAL at SU05Monangai, K. rush up middle for 5 yards to the SU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 10:17.
that happened in the 1st. to tie the score. from the play by play on S.U. athletics
Oops

I tried to block as much as much as possible about that game out of my mind. I guess it worked too well. :(

JoeSU said:
On the other side of the coin, here's an unusual stat: SU only had 8 possessions in regulation. We scored on 3 and punted on 5.

Which is why the low # of plays makes sense. One of of those TD drives was what, 2-3 plays?

Everyone of the drives we scored on was aided by nova penalties.

Oops

I tried to block as much as much as possible about that game out of my mind. I guess it worked too well. :(
Quite understandable! Try to remember the fake FG and stopping their 2 pt conversion. Try and forget the rest.

Just saw game got picked up by espnu

was announced a while ago game would be on espn news or the u. Maryland game I don't think will be id be surprised if it wasn't a 1230 start on acc network

was announced a while ago game would be on espn news or the u. Maryland game I don't think will be id be surprised if it wasn't a 1230 start on acc network
was gonna hope for something a little later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom