Coach Cal confronts a coach for bad mouthing him | Syracusefan.com

Coach Cal confronts a coach for bad mouthing him

Any guesses on the coach/player?

Comments suggest
Weber/ Anthony Davis
Cronin/Teague
Boeheim/ Noel
And Altman (Oregon)/board-favorite Jamal Murray.

I would not be surprised if Cal has had similar confrontations with various coaches.

???
th

Any guesses on the coach/player?

Comments suggest
Weber/ Anthony Davis
Cronin/Teague
Boeheim/ Noel
What a complete ahole Cal is. It isn't because he is who he is and because Kentucky is Kentucky, it is because he has a system of cheating that works. And for some reason, the NCAA doesn't care. With the talent he has had since going to Kentucky, he should have at least 4 championships.

One of the commenters there thinks the player was Nerlens Noel and the coach was Jimmy B. Most seem to agree it is Mick Cronin though. Or Bruce Weber.

Cronin - Teague

one of the comments cites this link: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/uk-fans-of-the-day-want-afternoon-notes-66/
which states,
'... told a story about a confrontation Calipari had with Cincinnati Coach Mick Cronin after he heard Cronin had told some associates that he didnt understand how he could go to every game for a kid and then Calipari could come in at the last minute and take him (presumably Marquis Teague). Calipari heard the comment, went to Cronin and basically said “you have to go see all the kid’s games…I can sit back and decide which kid I want and come and get them.”

There are so many guesses that it just shows how disliked Cal is and how easy it is to picture him doing this.

Never in a million years would JB's response be a meek "no, I didn't say that..." followed by allowing someone to interupt and talk over him in any situation. JB isn't really the type to hide his feelings on something as we all know well. Also, zero percent chance JB goes to watch a kid play 30 times... that's smaller school stuff.

My guess is it was the leprechaun from Cinci as mentioned prior.

Never in a million years would JB's response be a meek "no, I didn't say that..." followed by allowing someone to interupt and talk over him in any situation. JB isn't really the type to hide his feelings on something as we all know well. Also, zero percent chance JB goes to watch a kid play 30 times... that's smaller school stuff.

My guess is it was the leprechaun from Cinci as mentioned prior.

Plus Cal is slick he picks and choses when to be a tough guy. I think John Chaney taught him that lesson.

Plus Cal is slick he picks and choses when to be a tough guy. I think John Chaney taught him that lesson.
Exactly, Mick Cronin is 5'7, he is an easy target. He is still a fairly young coach. I bet he wouldn't even do that to Bruce Weber, because I don't think Weber would stand to be talked down to like that either. I really wish Cal would just leave college basketball for good. It is so frustrating, even when he is transparent, the sheep can't see through him.

Exactly, Mick Cronin is 5'7, he is an easy target. He is still a fairly young coach. I bet he wouldn't even do that to Bruce Weber, because I don't think Weber would stand to be talked down to like that either. I really wish Cal would just leave college basketball for good. It is so frustrating, even when he is transparent, the sheep can't see through him.

Bruce Weber striles me as a little b---h

Bruce Weber striles me as a little b---h
Really? Maybe he is, but I just don't see many people making it to be head coach of a D1 school without some backbone. And definitely wouldn't stand to be talked to like that. I think Pat Summit would have kicked his butt.

Really? Maybe he is, but I just don't see many people making it to be head coach of a D1 school without some backbone. And definitely wouldn't stand to be talked to like that. I think Pat Summit would have kicked his butt.

Listening to Weber speak that's just the impression I get.

I might be wrong...I'd wager that most people without a rooting interest in SU think JB is a raging .

I'm not sure who the bag is in this story to be honest. Talking about a man behind his back is a bitch move. Even if that man is JC.

Pounding your chest proclaiming that you can get any player you want in a loud, public argument is a much bigger move, and it isn't even close IMO.

Not that whining about getting beaten out is anything to trumpet, either.

Pounding your chest proclaiming that you can get any player you want in a loud, public argument is a much bigger move, and it isn't even close IMO.

Not that whining about getting beaten out is anything to trumpet, either.

Unless that man pounding his chest is Jim Boeheim ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom