Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post

Well, to be fair, JB hasn't always been 100% classy. He did lose his mind at the end of Sport Coat Game. But if he had been in the arena afterwards, I am positive he would have shaken all of the Duke player's hands.
Fair Post, however our coach is so often maligned by media and K is untouchable. I guess K sometimes takes the untouchable moniker literally.

Thank God for Duke. Without their ego, this conference would be completely void of any villainy. Every story is only as good as its villain. No menace, no feeling.
Yes, villains are a good thing, in sports and on message boards.

Great article and analysis. I suspect by someone who has had enough of the Duke nonsense.

I am surprised given how thorough his review was, that he failed to consider that we had a foul to give on the last play. That was significant.

Great article and analysis. I suspect by someone who has had enough of the Duke nonsense.

I am surprised given how thorough his review was, that he failed to consider that we had a foul to give on the last play. That was significant.

Not significant if you view Jones to have been in the act of shooting, which arguably he was.

Capt. Tuttle said:
JB has more right to be upset at the non call on Plumlee's travel on the last basket.
Has anyone ever witnessed more reverse dunks in a game? That guy was like watching Bigfoot play hoops.

I don't care about the handshake in the slightest. All it does is detract from the hilarity of his pathetic sore loser presser and being miffed about not getting a call; which shines a giant light on his/their sense of entitlement. Hope his back doesn't start acting up again.
They just found out that Coach K has been absent for the last three games. Assistant Coach Bike Bacheffsky has assumed the mantle during Coach K's tragic illness and will unfortunately, take the losses on his record. What a sport.

He was clearly looking at a ref in the background he wanted to talk to before they left the court. He missed shaking a few kids hands who cares. I will repeat what others have said. K has been supportive of us when every one was coming after us last year and earlier this year. He has gone out of his way to support Boeheim and Syracuse basketball when he could have remained silent. Taking shots at him now is not a good look. It makes you look like a winey b*tch that doesn't ever expect to go into their place and win again and relishes the one chance to take a shot at someone who you have an inferiority complex against. I can think of like 5 other Duke teams worse than this one since 1990 so to say this is their worse team in 40 years is stupid unless it was said to exaggerate the point they aren't in the top 5.
Two things: One - if Boeheim had have pulled this petulant stunt, the media would have fried him and Two - Where were Coach K, Royboy, Pitino and every other coach when the NCAA was handing out the most uneven penalty in its existence? Any solidarity would have, and probably still would, shut it down. The only consistent supporter of Boeheim has been Jay Bilas. Everybody else just ran away.

Who cares?

When JB flipped the F out at Cameron 2 years ago, K was beyond complimentary and classy in his press conference. K championed JB through all this NCAA BS. Same with our win in the Dome. Now he's emotionally drained and p***** for losing 3 in a row.

He's been talking up Boeheim and SU for years. Did the awesome video tribute for JB's 1st 900th win. It's beyond petty to worry about a post game handshake.

Agreed.

I mean, people do dumb crap in the heat of the moment.

A kid trips a ref. Probably 10 seconds after he feels like an idiot.

I'm sure K wasn't thinking he was sending some message to the Cuse players - it was a stupid moment. I'm not even sure what the message would be - he deserves the criticism I guess, but ultimately it's so forgettable.

If I'm saying good morning to people at work, and see something shiny, like a nickel, I might skip a couple people. I hope they're not getting this upset. Uh-oohhhhhh!

Two things: One - if Boeheim had have pulled this petulant stunt, the media would have fried him and Two - Where were Coach K, Royboy, Pitino and every other coach when the NCAA was handing out the most uneven penalty in its existence? Any solidarity would have, and probably still would, shut it down. The only consistent supporter of Boeheim has been Jay Bilas. Everybody else just ran away.

Coach K on JB's suspension:

"I do think the punishment is excessive," Krzyzewski said. "I hope they go through the appeals process and there's a way some of these things can be lessened, especially the vacating of games. That bothers me. I think they'll be fine. Jim will be able to handle things and Syracuse, I think, will be behind him. But I don't like the vacating of games. He's spent 39 years building an amazing resume. What accomplishments he's had. I feel bad about that."

Agreed.

I mean, people do dumb crap in the heat of the moment.

A kid trips a ref. Probably 10 seconds after he feels like an idiot.

I'm sure K wasn't thinking he was sending some message to the Cuse players - it was a stupid moment. I'm not even sure what the message would be - he deserves the criticism I guess, but ultimately it's so forgettable.

If I'm saying good morning to people at work, and see something shiny, like a nickel, I might skip a couple people. I hope they're not getting this upset. Uh-oohhhhhh!

"I do think the punishment is excessive," Krzyzewski said. "I hope they go through the appeals process and there's a way some of these things can be lessened, especially the vacating of games. That bothers me. I think they'll be fine. Jim will be able to handle things and Syracuse, I think, will be behind him. But I don't like the vacating of games. He's spent 39 years building an amazing resume. What accomplishments he's had. I feel bad about that."

K knows that the exact same thing could have happened to him, and still may at some future time.
There are likely more than a few skeletons of varying sizes in every successful coaches' closet:
Wooden, Dean Smith, Knight, Tark, K, Boeheim, Pitino, etc etc etc.

He was clearly looking at a ref in the background he wanted to talk to before they left the court. He missed shaking a few kids hands who cares. I will repeat what others have said. K has been supportive of us when every one was coming after us last year and earlier this year. He has gone out of his way to support Boeheim and Syracuse basketball when he could have remained silent. Taking shots at him now is not a good look. It makes you look like a winey b*tch that doesn't ever expect to go into their place and win again and relishes the one chance to take a shot at someone who you have an inferiority complex against. I can think of like 5 other Duke teams worse than this one since 1990 so to say this is their worse team in 40 years is stupid unless it was said to exaggerate the point they aren't in the top 5.
Got it that he has been supportive of SU and Boeheim, but yesterday he acted like an ass; so we will call him an .

I don't know what all the commotion is about, two guys going for the ball, one wants the ball, other wants to draw a foul, refs saw thru it. Don't know who had posession arrow, but the dukie could have went after the ball and possibly tie it up, but chose to throw arms up and fall down. There is no controversy here, just the official wasn't buying into the flop. Isn't flopping a T in the nba? finally
Two guys enter - one guy leaves. We know who was who.

Just because someone has done something classy in the past, does not mean that they cannot be called out for recent actions that are NOT classy.

And I'm pretty sure if you went back and looked at what people wrote about how K spoke well of JB after the coat-toss, many DID praise him for doing so, and it was indeed a classy thing to do.

It's quite easy to be classy and a good sportsman when you WIN.
It's much harder to do so when you lose - as K proved multiple times last night.

Don't take offense. The comment wasn't about you. I generally tend to agree with what you are saying here. The comment is about the board and the "I lost all respect for the man" crowd. Syracusefan.com is not the most objective of places.

44cuse

Not significant if you view Jones to have been in the act of shooting, which arguably he was.
look again, if there was a foul, it was on the floor. Same thing happened to us in the Clemson game. At least, I think it was Clemson.

That has all the vigor of "Jeb's a nice guy. Really."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...akes-loss-syracuse-orange-chide-duke-students

How ironic...a lot of people calling Coach K classless when in fact he was actually doing something classy...huh...

I had a feeling there was more to it than just being pissed his team didn't win and the way they lost...Coach K has never seemed like the type to do something like that, especially when coaching against one of his good friends...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Duke men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski skipped the end of the handshake line after his team's 64-62 loss to Syracuse on Monday night, but he didn't do it out of spite, says Orange coach Jim Boeheim.

On Tuesday, Boeheim defended Krzyzewski on his radio show, according to Syracuse.com. He said Krzyzewski unintentionally missed a few handshakes after the game because he was distracted by some Duke fans who were yelling at Syracuse's players, according to Syracuse.com.

"He came down the handshake line, somebody told me from who was sitting there, that he was upset with some Duke students who were yelling at our players," Boeheim said. "He was looking at them. The referees were long gone at that time. I heard people on radio today talking about how he was looking at them, but that's not the case, from what I understand. He wouldn't do that. He doesn't like Duke students yelling at players. He's very tough about that. He's as classy as any coach."

Last edited:

I thought the same thing. That along with the 1.5 second delay in starting the game clock may have caused the refs to keep their whistles silent. Maybe we are not the only ones sick of Duke's home court shenanigans. How can you be a Demon in land where religious morality is so important if you can't break every rule in order to win? Well, now that they are depressed they really are Blue Demons!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom