Coach P warns Syracuse about NC State | Syracusefan.com

Coach P warns Syracuse about NC State

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Flashback

Did you know that we have never beaten the Wolf Pack in college football?

That's right, dating back to September 16, 1972 when they walloped us 43-23 in Raleigh to October 1, 1998 NC St has won six straight games from the Orangemen.

20-43
22-28
0-38
19-27
31-32
17-38

Those are the scores

So as Coach P warned those Donovan McNabb's, Kevin Johnson's, Will Allen's, Quentin Harris', Rob Konrad's, Morlon Greenwood's, James Mungro's, Quinton Spotwood's, Pat Woodcock's, Mo Jackson's, Dee Brown's, the McIntosh brothers so too do I warn the Orange faithful.

We need to write a new chapter in this series starting at 3:30 Saturday

Bad memories of NC State.

Lou Holtz, the Bucky Twins, Roland Hooks, Torry Holt, the awful loss on Thursday night and the OT loss in the Dome.

Win on Saturday!

Time to put those mangy dogs in the pound.

It will change this Saturday. I actually enjoy this years team unlike some other posters. I love the fact the young men play with pride and heart no matter the score. Hunt has a lot of upside and the defensive backs will wake up this week. I fully believe Wayne Morgan will make a huge impact this weekend.

I can't believe we've never beaten these a$$ clowns.

That all ends Saturday. Don't book it though, because I'm not often right. But I really want to be this time.

Flashback

Did you know that we have never beaten the Wolf Pack in college football?

That's right, dating back to September 16, 1972 when they walloped us 43-23 in Raleigh to October 1, 1998 NC St has won six straight games from the Orangemen.

20-43
22-28
0-38
19-27
31-32
17-38

Those are the scores

So as Coach P warned those Donovan McNabb's, Kevin Johnson's, Will Allen's, Quentin Harris', Rob Konrad's, Morlon Greenwood's, James Mungro's, Quinton Spotwood's, Pat Woodcock's, Mo Jackson's, Dee Brown's, the McIntosh brothers so too do I warn the Orange faithful.

We need to write a new chapter in this series starting at 3:30 Saturday

I am 100% fine with that as Julius Hodge helped us win a National Championship in Hoops.

Everybody in the dome knew they were going for two back in '97 except P. That was the What loss that put me in the camp that began to question P. One week after we completely destroyed Wiscy and they lay that turd...another year where we couldn't get out of September unbeaten.

Side trivia - Princess Di died/was killed after the game. Had a bunch of folks over postgame drowning our sorrows when it broke on the news couldn't get away from the tv the rest of the night.

Bad memories of NC State.

Lou Holtz, the Bucky Twins, Roland Hooks, Torry Holt, the awful loss on Thursday night and the OT loss in the Dome.

Win on Saturday!

Don't forget Ted Brown, who went 95 against us in 1977, still the longest run from scrimmage against Syracuse in history.

That 1997 home loss to NC State haunts my soul. Quite possibly the most depressed I ever have been following an SU football game.

Yep. I sat there for maybe half an hour in an empty dome then walked out head down like Charlie Brown.

Everybody in the dome knew they were going for two back in '97 except P. That was the What loss that put me in the camp that began to question P. One week after we completely destroyed Wiscy and they lay that turd...another year where we couldn't get out of September unbeaten.

Side trivia - Princess Di died/was killed after the game. Had a bunch of folks over postgame drowning our sorrows when it broke on the news couldn't get away from the tv the rest of the night.

Yep, news broke over the radio on the ride home. That was some day.

Yep. I sat there for maybe half an hour in an empty dome then walked out head down like Charlie Brown.

What made that loss so painful is that I truly believed after working Wisconsin that we were poised to make a national title run so with much NFL talent on both sides of the ball.

That's interesting. I don't remember the connection between those two events. Not sure where I was when I heard that she had died. Maybe I had already drowned my sorrow after the game that I was too drunk to know.

That 1997 home loss to NC State haunts my soul. Quite possibly the most depressed I ever have been following an SU football game.

Dee Brown scored before the ball was knocked out too. He reached over the plane with the ball then it got slapped out. If that game happened in replay days Syracuse wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom