Coach Shafer to take part in ESPN "Car Wash" July 28 (SUA) | Syracusefan.com

Coach Shafer to take part in ESPN "Car Wash" July 28 (SUA)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Head coach Scott Shafer will appear on various ESPN media platforms on Monday, July 28, when he takes part in ESPN's mid-summer "car wash."

The "car wash" is annual event in which coaches are invited to ESPN's Bristol, Connecticut headquarters to appear across multiple programs throughout the course of the day. All 14 ACC coaches will be taking part in the event July 28 and 29.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/7/18/FB_0718142259.aspx#.U8khePldWHg

This is why signing with ESPN, even if it was for a little less money is such a big deal. Although they get frustrating and annoying when they push their stupid agenda, it works. And there agenda will soon be ACC sports, which will only be good for us. SS sells the hell out of the program, this will be great for the program.

Clev04 said:
This is why signing with ESPN, even if it was for a little less money is such a big deal. Although they get frustrating and annoying when they push their stupid agenda, it works. And there agenda will soon be ACC sports, which will only be good for us. SS sells the hell out of the program, this will be great for the program.

What's the over/under on Shafer accidentally letting a "beat the hell out of 'em" comment come out!? I'm horribly biased - but I think we have the most entertaining coach in ACC football (maybe Basketball too).

Coach Scott Shafer ‏@Coach_Shafer 3m
Great to be at SU at Bristol with my son. #ESPNACC

BtopqkQCIAI3E8F.jpg

anybody know when this is supposed to be on today?

anybody know when this is supposed to be on today?
It's all the radio shows/podcasts/tv shows all day. It's not just one show...it's all of them. They split the coaches up and send them around to all of the shows. Shafer won't do every show but he will do a bunch of them and a bunch of podcasts and such.

Anyone able to find a timeline of which broadcasts he'll be on and when?

Shafer got no air time on College Football Live. That sucks!

For real. They did a little bleep on how the ACC measures up to the SEC and showed an clip with Petrino (never coached a minute in the ACC).

In a perfect world, some of the dialogue would go as thus:

HCSS: "So Paul, how do you feel about the cheap shot, soft nosed dive your left guard took at my defensive tackle's knee that may have ended his career?"

What I would give...
No joke, how can the rest of the coaches in the conference not completely shun that bastard for teaching his OL to play that way. We're not the only fanbase that think it's completely bush league in the ACC. That I can vouch for.

I've been watching all day at work, and I've seen too much Jimbo and Petrino. Jimbo talks very fast and seems to have stolen verbiage from Petrino - forcing him into the slowest most boring drawl possible.

He didn't get any airtime on that sports enter either did he?