Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

ThruWayWest

Scout Team
Interesting to see that the openings at UVa and Princeton have not been filled yet. These are two of the elite programs. Amazing how much life has changed considering the head coach at Marquette would rather stay in Milwaukee than entertain the option of going to Princeton. An alumnus and former player at UVa would prefer to ride it out at Notre Dame. The Towson coach who has ties to Princeton also is not interested in leaving. Yet I heard that his wife is on the faculty and the family is settled into Baltimore.

Maybe it was because we were looking for a football coach but I liked it on the football board when they posted who had been hired at the various openings. Any chance we can start one here? Please let me know if I missed one :)

Binghamton -
Hartford- Ryan Martin
Jacksonville- John Galloway
Princeton -
UMBC -
Vermont -
Virginia -

Interesting to see that the openings at UVa and Princeton have not been filled yet. These are two of the elite programs. Amazing how much life has changed considering the head coach at Marquette would rather stay in Milwaukee than entertain the option of going to Princeton. An alumnus and former player at UVa would prefer to ride it out at Notre Dame. The Towson coach who has ties to Princeton also is not interested in leaving. Yet I heard that his wife is on the faculty and the family is settled into Baltimore.

Maybe it was because we were looking for a football coach but I liked it on the football board when they posted who had been hired at the various openings. Any chance we can start one here? Please let me know if I missed one :)

Binghamton -
Hartford- Ryan Martin
Jacksonville- John Galloway
Princeton -
UMBC -
Vermont -
Virginia -

Now that Princeton hired their interim coach, I let you in on a secret. Princeton is no longer an elite program. Their administration has decided that Men's Lacrosse is no longer important to the university. It drives the alumni crazy, but that is what drove Tierney to leave and that is why they have gone from perennial championship challenger to Ivy League doormat. The administration would rather have a championship field hockey team than men's lacrosse team. Coaches see the writing on the wall and want nothing to do with that situation, especially when you have a ton of support like Nadalen, Amplo, etc

No idea what is going on at Virginia, it has been a bipolar coaching situation and I have no clue who they will end up with as their coach. My best guess is Daly, Caravana or Chemotti.

Bingo would be smart to grab an upstate d3 coach to take over their program. I would go with Beville or Jake Coon at RIT.

His dad is legendary Chaminade coach Jack Moran. Went to Maryland coached for Navy, Maryland and Loyola.

Chris Feifs, the defensive coordinator for the 2016 NCAA Division I national champion North Carolina Tarheels, has been named the seventh head coach of the University of Vermont men's lacrosse program. Incoming Director of Athletics Jeff Schulman made the announcement of the hire on Wednesday afternoon.