Coaching Carousel | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

My point is I believe that is necessary. It's like the housing market. Right now it's a sellers (coaches being the sellers).

I will rephrase what I mean: I think it will take $2.5M to get Frost or his equivalent in the house.

Babers is out there, Brohm is out there, Fleck (for now) is out there, Monken etc. Who says it's a seller's market?

I don't think that a base of 2.5 is necessary. You could give him less but include good incentives similar to UofL where Petrino made 800,000 this year for making GPA and a bowl.

It depends on what other schools that are interested in him will pay.

If MD, UVA and any other school willing to pay him $2.5 mil, that will very easily tell you what he is worth. It will also tell you how serious we are about getting the guy we want and whether or not SU has "opened up the purse strings."

Do we absolutely know that there is no other competition for him?

In Frost's contract was this....."The University's intent is for Frost to serve as the Assistant Football Coach of the intercollegiate men's football team throughout the term of this Agreement. However, Frost understands that the University retains the right to assign Frost to other positions with different duties during the term of this Agreement (Reassignment). Should such Reassignment be under consideration, University shall consult with Frost and seek Frost's input at least thirty (30) calendar days before a Reassignment is made. In no event, however, will Frost be assigned to a position that snot, in University's sole good faith judgment, consistent with his education, expertise or experience, nor will Frost's Guaranteed Base Salary be reduced during the term of this Agreement."

Did McDONALD have it in his or is this unique? The 30 day notice.

There is a typo in there also.LOL

It depends on what other schools that are interested in him will pay.

If MD, UVA and any other school willing to pay him $2.5 mil, that will very easily tell you what he is worth. It will also tell you how serious we are about getting the guy we want and whether or not SU has "opened up the purse strings."

Do we absolutely know that there is no other competition for him?
The issue is how much does it take to get him to leave Oregon and join Cuse, nothing else.

In Frost's contract was this..."The University's intent is for Frost to serve as the Assistant Football Coach of the intercollegiate men's football team throughout the term of this Agreement. However, Frost understands that the University retains the right to assign Frost to other positions with different duties during the term of this Agreement (Reassignment). Should such Reassignment be under consideration, University shall consult with Frost and seek Frost's input at least thirty (30) calendar days before a Reassignment is made. In no event, however, will Frost be assigned to a position that snot, in University's sole good faith judgment, consistent with his education, expertise or experience, nor will Frost's Guaranteed Base Salary be reduced during the term of this Agreement."

Did McDONALD have it in his or is this unique? The 30 day notice.

There is a typo in there also.LOL
That is fairly common language, but McDonald's may not have had it and probably had no notice. Pretty easy to get around the 30 days notice.

The issue is how much does it take to get him to leave Oregon and join Cuse, nothing else.

I am simply stating that the market has not been set for his services yet.

We don't know what it will take to get him to leave Oregon but we know that price will go up as soon as another school gets involved and ups the ante with an offer. And if SU isn't willing to match or beat we won't get the guy that Coyle wants.

I am simply stating that the market has not been set for his services yet.

We don't know what it will take to get him to leave Oregon but we know that price will go up as soon as another school gets involved and ups the ante with an offer. And if SU isn't willing to match or beat we won't get the guy that Coyle wants.

We may never know, but his name was mentioned early in the MD search. I would also think that if Herman leaves Houston for Georgia, he will be on their radar. In this environment we just have to decide what we are willing to pay and if that is not enough move on to plan B.

We may never know, but his name was mentioned early in the MD search. I would also think that if Herman leaves Houston for Georgia, he will be on their radar. In this environment we just have to decide what we are willing to pay and if that is not enough move on to plan B.

Agree with you. Has there been any rumor as to what went down with the interview and who in fact it was?

Babers?

Well, Dan Wolken now saying that Babers isn't officially done yet.

But I don't think it'll matter as far as our search goes anyway.

I wonder how close we are to getting this finalized. A lot of the top talent mentioned with us is coming off the board

I wonder how close we are to getting this finalized. A lot of the top talent mentioned with us is coming off the board
I'm not worried about getting it finalized.

What I absolutely AM worried about is getting it announced as soon as possible. Today marks the start of the contact period for recruiting. That means that, starting today, opposing coaches have very few restrictions when it comes to contacting our guys and trying to sway them. The longer we go without a coach in place to talk to them, the better chance those other schools will have of getting their voices heard.

I'm not worried about getting it finalized.

What I absolutely AM worried about is getting it announced as soon as possible. Today marks the start of the contact period for recruiting. That means that, starting today, opposing coaches have very few restrictions when it comes to contacting our guys and trying to sway them. The longer we go without a coach in place to talk to them, the better chance those other schools will have of getting their voices heard.
Offensive guys like Neal have to love the thought of playing fo frost, out of all our recruits I hope he sticks

Wonder if he had a verbal deal with $ agreed upon and then other colleges came calling. UCF seemed like a strange destination because I assumed he would end up at a higher level spot.