Coaching Carousel | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Wonder if he had a verbal deal with $ agreed upon and then other colleges came calling. UCF seemed like a strange destination because I assumed he would end up at a higher level spot.
Horizontal job other than recruiting Florida.

I did see where Minny laid off the longtime Jerry Kill assistant O-Line coach ( '99) plus O.C.

Surprised his name didn't come up for the Miami job...

Hoping Frost's name doesn't come up for the Miami job...

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Miami: Per source, Butch Davis met with UM representatives yesterday. The meeting was described as “extremely positive”. One source told FootballScoop that yesterday’s meeting “cleared some hurdles” for Davis’ return to the U. From other sources we understand that Miami has discussions with other candidates in the coming days. Will update as more is clear.

My thought. However I could see his thought process being... The only trajectory at UCF is up. Florida recruiting. The program has shown it can win. He doesn't have to do a lot to show improvement and look like a superstar in a few years and maybe get a really lucrative job.

Biggest school in the country (granted a lot of commuters) with a lot of money flowing into it to make it a better name plus Florida equals a chance to become a more consistently good program.

jekelish said:
I'm not worried about getting it finalized. What I absolutely AM worried about is getting it announced as soon as possible. Today marks the start of the contact period for recruiting. That means that, starting today, opposing coaches have very few restrictions when it comes to contacting our guys and trying to sway them. The longer we go without a coach in place to talk to them, the better chance those other schools will have of getting their voices heard.

From the little he's said, it sounds like Coyle is hyper aware of that and is looking to fill the job to bridge that gap ASAP.

He's a pro, for sure.

Gross would be a week away from starting the search committee.

From the little he's said, it sounds like Coyle is hyper aware of that and is looking to fill the job to bridge that gap ASAP.

He's a pro, for sure.

Gross would be a week away from starting the search committee.
Actually if history means anything, Gross would have come out in support of Shafer midway through the season and then waited until December to fire him.

crying.gif

This is a very compressed time frame in a chaotic environment making it a challenge to get done in a day or two.

Fuentes was just signed for $3.2 million in first year of 6-year deal. Campbell was also 6-year deal (starting at $2 million). I can imagine a lot of negotiating.

I can see this breaking down if Frost's agent is too greedy. Hopefully, that won't happen, but Dino is apparently not done at UCF.

We certainly live in interesting times!

Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente’s contract is a six-year deal paying him $3.2 million in the first year, according to the Virginian-Pilot, and it will rise to $3.65 million by the end of the deal. Frank Beamer earned $2.7 million in 2015. Fuente's salary pool for assistants will be $3.4 million. If the school wants to buy Fuente out of the deal, they would owe him $15 million before Dec. 15, 2016, dropping each year to $12 million, $9 million, $5 million, $3 million and $1.5 million in 2021. On Fuente’s end, he would owe $7 million before Dec. 15, 2016, dropping each year to nothing in 2021.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

perhaps frost and co are waiting or Dino deal parameters to be leaked to see where they stand? We need to wrap this up before Dino details leak.

is there any chance the board will gum up this process?

not this board, i'm referring to the less important board (of trustees)

is there any chance the board will gum up this process?

not this board, i'm referring to the less important board (of trustees)
I actually was told that the only person who needs to sign off is Syverud, at least in terms of a contract. Maybe the person who told me has bad info, but I don't believe so.