Coaching Carousel | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

I have nothing to add, I just noticed the thread was at 999 replies, so I wanted to be #1,000.

Tough news about Larry Coker, ZZZzzzzz. Had no idea that corpse was still employed.

That job came down to Coker and Mel Tjeerdsma who won three D2 championships at NW Missouri State. They should have hired Tjeerdsma. Even though it wasn't Division 1, I saw and read enough about them to know that guy can coach.

I wonder if they wanted to fire some coaches and he said no?
That's happening a lot more than before and at all levels. That's how we got Ruffin McNeill from East Carolina. They wanted him to do some level of housecleaning and he refused.

That's happening a lot more than before and at all levels. That's how we got Ruffin McNeill from East Carolina. They wanted him to do some level of housecleaning and he refused.

True and that worked out really well for you guys.

Lovie Smith out in Tampa Bay.
What?

Rumor is that Miami wants to hire Dirk Koetter and Tampa wanted to beat them to the punch.

Rumor is that Miami wants to hire Dirk Koetter and Tampa wanted to beat them to the punch.
Yup... but there's no guarantee that Dirk would opt to stay in Tampa.
Seeing how often the Bucs change coaches, he'd be smart to go elsewhere.
This is like the NBA drafting on potential vs. proven experience.

Lovie's a great coach... Most teams would be lucky to have him.
Tampa Bay is the definition of a coaching turnstile. And they wonder why they haven't done well of late... Oh Lord

No inside info at all... But is it suspicious that there was discord at the OC position for a team with Mcit on it?

Very curious to see if he stays on. Or gets promoted.

Yup... but there's no guarantee that Dirk would opt to stay in Tampa.
Seeing how often the Bucs change coaches, he'd be smart to go elsewhere.
This is like the NBA drafting on potential vs. proven experience.

Lovie's a great coach... Most teams would be lucky to have him.
Tampa Bay is the definition of a coaching turnstile. And they wonder why they haven't done well of late... Oh Lord

They need to bring John McKay back from the grave.

No inside info at all... But is it suspicious that there was discord at the OC position for a team with Mc. . . . it on it?

Very curious to see if he stays on. Or gets promoted.

I started a thread on that very suspicion. I think it got merged into this. I so hope McF'it gets the job. Babers will school him on how to run the fast, no-huddle, spread offense.

how can you promote him after the fiasco at Syracuse? I just cant see how any head coach who is 1 bad season away from being on a hot seat can promote him after his awful performance here.

I started a thread on that very suspicion. I think it got merged into this. I so hope McF'it gets the job. Babers will school him on how to run the fast, no-huddle, spread offense.
i saw some tweet recently about brett hundley throwing a third of his passes behind the LOS. we tried the spread getting a very poor man's mazzone, who's not that good anyway. now we get a guy who is a much less poor man's briles.

i can't wait

LOL...so what are the winning numbers for tonight. :)
I'll tell you tomorrow, after I've won. I don't want to have to share with too many others. ;)

If I do end up with a nice share of the prize then there'll be an all-catered tailgate this fall. JeremyCuse deserves a day off. :)

Last edited: