Coleman and Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Coleman and Lydon

Dave85

Living Legend
I think we are pretty much seeing the best play we are going to get out of G, TC, TR, and MR. I think Coleman still has room to improve going forward. And Lydon needs to be just a little more consistent and a little more confident. If we make the NCAA tournament (knock on wood), then I think Coleman and Lydon will determine how deep of a run we make in the tournament. Anything after the second round would be absolute gravy in my opinion. And Howard's contributions will be key in giving G and TC a rest. I just hope Howard sticks to dishing and avoid the shooting. Although he did have nice layup in the BC game.

I think we are pretty much seeing the best play we are going to get out of G, TC, TR, and MR. I think Coleman still has room to improve going forward. And Lydon needs to be just a little more consistent and a little more confident. If we make the NCAA tournament (knock on wood), then I think Coleman and Lydon will determine how deep of a run we make in the tournament. Anything after the second round would be absolute gravy in my opinion. And Howard's contributions will be key in giving G and TC a rest. I just hope Howard sticks to dishing and avoid the shooting. Although he did have nice layup in the BC game.
I thought right as Howard launched that 3, well it was nice knowing you kid...

It was a kick out and he was wide open... one of the best shots you'll get in the college game. If he can't or won't take that shot then he has no business being a division 1 guard.

Totally agree. And JB would say the same. Wide open, take the shot. Frank will bury that next year. Those mid-range floaters are the problem for him, and for good reason. Incredibly low-percentage, and often very rushed. I do really like Howard overall. Excellent vision, and the shots IMO will start to fall next year. Look for a nice soph season.

I thought right as Howard launched that 3, well it was nice knowing you kid...

I thought the same thing. However, at the time it was a pretty good shot selection. He was wide open in rhyme. It's too bad that did not go in or a bunch of people here would be singing his praises. He's actually turned out to be a pretty contributor for this team. if he can give G and TC 5 minutes rest each while providing quality offense that's huge. His passing game is so good it really changes what the other team has been seeing from us on offense. I think the change up is really good as long as it is productive which has been the case. So in my mind, I will add Howard to Coleman and Lydon as the keys to how well and how deep we go in the NCAA tournament. Howard's improvement will be measured in assists per game. The kid has a great role this year. He's going to be a great player for us in couple of years.

Wide open, take the shot. Frank will bury that next year.
We all certainly hope so, but his preliminary stats are not encouraging. We'll either need him or Robe to develop a mid-range or outside shot next year, or we'll have some spacing issues again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom