Coleman likely to redshirt | Syracusefan.com

Coleman likely to redshirt

PauliePeppas said:
According to Boeheim, no surprise. Lets hope for his sake he comes back healthy and those knees stay in decent condition, feel terrible for him.[/QUOTE

Phooey. We could use him in league play. Then again if he re injured himself his career could be done

Probably the best for him, but not good news for this year's team.

Im glad if this is the decision. He needs to heal. The kid has a ton of talent and can still make a great living playing bball. I hope that he takes this year to continue to get stronger and better. Im sure that it is a huge set back for him given how hard he has worked but it is truly in his best interest.

According to Boeheim, no surprise. Lets hope for his sake he comes back healthy and those knees stay in decent condition, feel terrible for him.

But on the other hand, Paulie--in terms of maximizing his long term value to the team [to say nothing of maximizing what he has left in his career at SU], it would probably be better for him to have two fully healthy years, where he could (1) replace Rak next year, (2) space himself out from Rak by a year, and (3) have an opportunity to make a two year significant impact than having him hobble through this year and only have one year remaining.

If [when, hopefully] we land Bryant, then I'll be a LOT less worried about the center position next year. If he doesn't come here, then we're down to Coleman and Diagne, and there is no guarantee that Coleman will be able to bounce back physically.

There is no doubt he could help us this year in a reserve capacity. The question is: is it worth sacrificing a full year of potential starting capability for a 1/2 year of impaired, reserve capability this year.

Tough call, but if he isn't healthy, it makes for an easy decision.

If [when, hopefully] we land Bryant, then I'll be a LOT less worried about the center position next year. If he doesn't come here, then we're down to Coleman and Diagne, and there is no guarantee that Coleman will be able to bounce back physically.
Chino.

I say that with a straight face. Kind of.

I have some experience in regenerative surgery and while I am not an orthopedist, I know a bit about bone regeneration and any time you are trying to regenerate tissue previously destroyed by disease or trauma, it is unpredictable. Micro Fracture and now this OATS procedure , you can see from the time of rehab, that the ability to regenerate cartilage is very difficult. We have seen this before, not all of these athletes return to their previous form. I wish the young man well and hopefully he get back close to form. The unfortunate part about this is that it leads to speculation that his scholarship may be ticket to the "mystery" silent commit that JB teased us with earlier.

Will he even remember how to play?
(I ask that only half joking)

I was told last spring that only 40% of the people who have this surgery ever play again. My only concern is that we won't know for another year if he can plan again. We could lose out on Bryant.

Will he even remember how to play?
(I ask that only half joking)

It's hard to be certain about such things. I also had similar concerns regarding if one ever decided to renounce their celibacy.

It's hard to be certain about such things. I also had similar concerns regarding if one ever decided to renounce their celibacy.
th

The unfortunate part about this is that it leads to speculation that his scholarship may be ticket to the "mystery" silent commit that JB teased us with earlier.
McCullough. He gone.

Coleman seemed a little despondent on the bench tonight.

Figured something was up.

Im glad if this is the decision. He needs to heal. The kid has a ton of talent and can still make a great living playing bball. I hope that he takes this year to continue to get stronger and better. Im sure that it is a huge set back for him given how hard he has worked but it is truly in his best interest.

He worked his a$$ off--LITERALLY--to attempt to get back.

This is hopefully just a delay on the road to his return. He's a hard worker, that's proven; that will serve him well in his quest to bounce back. Boeheim has been effusive with his praise for DCII's work ethic. I remember him saying something like, if he had an hour of physical therapy scheduled, Coleman would do two.

And we haven't even brought up the substantial weight loss despite him not being able to do cardio.

"He's working a little bit more, but we'll probably decide in the next couple weeks what's going to happen, one way or the other," the Syracuse coach said. "If he doesn't look like he's ready to go, then we'll redshirt him.

"That's what it looks like. But I want to give him a little bit more opportunity to see. That's increasingly what it looks like unless he can put together five or six days and felt really good. He hasn't been able to do that. So we'll have to see."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...man_right_now_it_looks_like.html#incart_river

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom