Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
I think the way JB has been playing Coleman should be the way he plays him all season mostly. Put him in as the starter and see if shows enough to keep him on the floor for extended minutes. Then bench him until about 12-10 minutes left and put him back in against tired legs.

He did his best against St. Bonnie's at the end of the game when the other team was tired and couldn't jump as quickly as him.

I think the way JB has been playing Coleman should be the way he plays him all season mostly. Put him in as the starter and see if shows enough to keep him on the floor for extended minutes. Then bench him until about 12-10 minutes left and put him back in against tired legs.

He did his best against St. Bonnie's at the end of the game when the other team was tired and couldn't jump as quickly as him.

It's easy to be critical of DC. When we face bigger better top 10 centers we are going to need DC's contribution more than any other player. It is what it is. You play with the team you got.

The lineup I really liked was G, TC at the top, TL as center, and MR and TR as wings. If TL can compete with the better quality centers we may actually have a real team this year!

It's easy to be critical of DC. When we face bigger better top 10 centers we are going to need DC's contribution more than any other player. It is what it is. You play with the team you got.

The lineup I really liked was G, TC at the top, TL as center, and MR and TR as wings. If TL can compete with the better quality centers we may actually have a real team this year!

I wasn't being critical. I was thinking realistically since he is coming back from missing basically 2 years of playing time. He still doesn't look like he is in enough shape to warrant JB playing him more then 5-8 minutes at a time.

And if he can be his most effective coming off the bench late in games, what's wrong with that?

It's about time we had a Coleman thread on this board. I haven't seen a damn thing discussed about his situation.

I wasn't being critical. I was thinking realistically since he is coming back from missing basically 2 years of playing time. He still doesn't look like he is in enough shape to warrant JB playing him more then 5-8 minutes at a time.

And if he can be his most effective coming off the bench late in games, what's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure what the reasons are why they are playing DC so sparingly. My think it's not because of how he's playing but more along lines they do not want to over work his knees too early in the season. I think he played okay against the bonnies. He definitely made some mistakes but had some good plays too. I remember one bonnie highlight where he was out of position and did not box out well. But the entire team was not boxing out well. I imagine boxing out is something the coaches are working on right now.

There's nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure what the reasons are why they are playing DC so sparingly. My think it's not because of how he's playing but more along lines they do not want to over work his knees too early in the season. I think he played okay against the bonnies. He definitely made some mistakes but had some good plays too. I remember one bonnie highlight where he was out of position and did not box out well. But the entire team was not boxing out well. I imagine boxing out is something the coaches are working on right now.
He's been in early foul trouble in both games. Let's see how JB uses him when he can stay on the floor.

He's been in early foul trouble in both games. Let's see how JB uses him when he can stay on the floor.

That's a really good point.

how many times have i read here "it doesn't matter who starts with JB... it's who finishes" never a fan of that philosophy.

how many times have i read here "it doesn't matter who starts with JB... it's who finishes" never a fan of that philosophy.

Actually, to paraphrase what JB once said in press conference, the starters are the players with the most playing time.

Colemans offense has been two points 3 out of 4 games. Defense and rebounding has to keep him on the floor.

We usually hear "hes a mcdonalds all american big man working his way back, its nice to see his confidence go up", but we keep saying that about him every season early on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom