Class of 2014 - Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I sent the staff info Colin and his twin brother Kaleb last year...but his Dad (coworker and friend) told me SU never contacted them. The kid is playing at the 4A level (around 300-400 students per graduating class) in San Antonio and has been dominating. He is fully qualified. Both boys are high quality, high character kids as I have meet both of them at social gatherings.

Sigh...They are interested in hearing from SU.

He has a twin brother and they likely want to go as a package deal. His brother is not getting as much interest but I bet SU could build him a very nice preferred walk on package as both are excellent students. I would recommend SU contact them to see if there is any interest. They are leaning to staying in TX but if TAMU or UT doesn't offer who knows. He already has offers with several Mid-Majors along with Boise State and is interested in them so distance and weather might not be as a huge a factor as I thought.

Tape from this season so far.

Last edited:
Did you contact CG and send the info through to him? Try Jason he is probably your best bet. Id also give the info to DCCuse he has a few contacts up there.

I sent the staff info Colin and his twin brother Kaleb last year...but his Dad (coworker and friend) told me SU never contacted them. The kid is playing at the 4A level (around 300-400 students per graduating class) in San Antonio and has been dominating. He is fully qualified. Both boys are high quality, high character kids as I have meet both of them at social gatherings.

He has a twin brother and they likely want to go as a package deal. His brother is not getting as much interest but I bet SU could build him a very nice preferred walk on package as both are excellent students. I would recommend SU contact them to see if there is any interest. They are leaning to staying in TX but if TAMU or UT doesn't offer who knows. He already has offers with several Mid-Majors along with Boise State and is interested in them so distance and weather might not be as a huge a facotr as I thought.

Hit the recruiting guys up on twitter.

1:12 mark was all I had to see to stop. Motor is excellent. Had a Slant-Right called on the defense, takes a power-step to the right, reads the play, quickly cuts left to get a stop in the backfield. Looks like a high quality player.

its these types of plays and watching beasley play last week that make me wonder why we dont line lynch/Davis on the DE spot in passing downs and just have him try to come off the edge with quickness. most of the tackles have more issues with speed rush than anything else. if teams want to try and run in 3rd and long then have at it.

He has a twin brother and they likely want to go as a package deal. His brother is not getting as much interest but I bet SU could build him a very nice preferred walk on package as both are excellent students. I would recommend SU contact them to see if there is any interest. They are leaning to staying in TX but if TAMU or UT doesn't offer who knows. He already has offers with several Mid-Majors along with Boise State and is interested in them so distance and weather might not be as a huge a factor as I thought.

surprise surprise they don't seem to be interested in Devine Ozigbo either, who is regarded as one of the top 50 JR's in Texas this season

If he was from Big10 country we would have already offered.

surprise surprise they don't seem to be interested in Devine Ozigbo either, who is regarded as one of the top 50 JR's in Texas this season
Probably a simple calculation. They don't have a lot of contacts in Texas, and don't want to invest the time working a new territory for prospects that they would have to fight off the Big-12 big boys to get. At this point we seem to be picking our battles.

Kinda like Dade County?

Footprint baby! Who knows what goes through these guys heads. Bugs the hell out of me that Rutgers has 100 recruits at every game, and we can't even get/won't bring guys here for the biggest home game of the year. Can't wait to see the big events that are scheduled for the January basketball games.

That's all.

Probably a simple calculation. They don't have a lot of contacts in Texas, and don't want to invest the time working a new territory for prospects that they would have to fight off the Big-12 big boys to get. At this point we seem to be picking our battles.

fair enough, and i agree with that, but when a prospect is literally knocking on your door like Ozigbo, and apparently Kolin Hill like TexanMark says I think it would be worth a listen? Unless the staff doesn't think they are good enough to play at SU I would think it's worth the effort in those type of cases?

fair enough, and i agree with that, but when a prospect is literally knocking on your door like Ozigbo, and apparently Kolin Hill like TexanMark says I think it would be worth a listen? Unless the staff doesn't think they are good enough to play at SU I would think it's worth the effort in those type of cases?
That was my thought as well. Only thing I can think of, unless they are just late to the game, is that they don't want to have to spend time fighting down to the wire later on, when Texas & co. are trying to flip the kid five times a day. They'd rather fight those battles in places where they know they can have support from the HS coaches.

That was my thought as well. Only thing I can think of, unless they are just late to the game, is that they don't want to have to spend time fighting down to the wire later on, when Texas & co. are trying to flip the kid five times a day. They'd rather fight those battles in places where they know they can have support from the HS coaches.

ehhh i'd be really disappointed if that's the mentality they have

If that is the way our staff thinks then we are in real trouble as a program. We have 2-3 kids from Texas actually reaching out to us. If you think we don't have a chance then fine but at least put in the work. If you think it is a long shot then send Moore down there as to not waste our good recruiters but you still have to make an effort.

If that is the way our staff thinks then we are in real trouble as a program. We have 2-3 kids from Texas actually reaching out to us. If you think we don't have a chance then fine but at least put in the work. If you think it is a long shot then send Moore down there as to not waste our good recruiters but you still have to make an effort.
Send Moore down - lol.

Picture of Moore keeping in contact with recruits.
Switchboard.jpg

Not sure I understand the logic, I mean you have some low hanging fruit just waiting to be picked. Who gives a s h i t if they are in Texas.

-
These players are not really low hanging fruit. They would have to be recruited and showed the benefits of coming to Syracuse. They would increase their chances greatly by working both twins as a package deal.

These players are not really low hanging fruit. They would have to be recruited and showed the benefits of coming to Syracuse. They would increase their chances greatly by working both twins as a package deal.

Well I meant in the sense that they have an "in"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom