Class of 2014 - Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB

Well I meant in the sense that they have an "in"

-
True since I see their Dad almost daily...I can offer them information if they have any questions. So glad I have a preexisting, long term relationship with his Dad.

He's got a great tape, but isn't getting much love from recruiting sites. I know that coaching staffs make their own evaluations, but i've heard coaches mention that sometimes they use recruiting sites to find out about kids or look at kids beyond their normal recruiting territory. He's got a great tape, and he seems like the "hard nosed, chip on the shoulder" kid Shaffer is always taking about. I'd be happy to give this kid one of our scholarship spots. We need to the next Dwight Freeney

Just watched his video. Twenty seconds was all I needed to see. Someone needs to get on the stick.

I am 100% on board with 'cuse pursuing Hill and Ozigbo for sure, they seem more then qualified and seem to come from trusted sources on their interest. However, I think we all need to admit that just because a fan of Syracuse football (speaking in general, not talking about anyone specific) throws a name out there, it does not mean that the Orange staff need to scramble to jump all over it. I see it on the basketball board too... someone drops a "highlight" video of their friend's kid hooping, and they think that SU should go after him. Not gonna happen. I know football is different, but still, let's be somewhat realistic.

They (Kolin and Kaleb) didn't do the camp circuits so no hype. They were on a horrible win less team last year...the coach got fired and now they are undefeated. Additionally Schertz Clemens HS is in the same district as Cibolo Steele (TX 5A power and former TX HS 5A champion). The HS is getting some kids from Steele territory due to moving school lines.

I agree with JDubbin that the staff is the judge and shouldn't jump after every well intentioned tip but it doesn't hurt if they explore a solid lead.

Kid has great acceleration combined with a pretty good swim move. Bring him in and have Freeney teach him the spin.

Ok guys here is the video on his twin brother (Kaleb). He is playing the opposite DE to Kolin. His Dad corrected me and said Kaleb has an offer from Boise State for OLB. Kolin has an additional offer from UTEP. Kolin is a little bigger and from seeing him in person he could grow into a ACC quality DE. Kaleb looks like he would be an OLB or maybe a safety. Hopefully Cuse will look at them. Schertz Clemens is 5-0 this season and beat Johnny Football's (Manziel) old HS Team 27-0. Schertz Clemens plays Drew Allen's old HS on Nov 1st. I expect to watch them in person as Alamo Heights HS is nearby to me.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/clemens-buffaloes-(schertz,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Last edited:
Ok guys here is the video on his twin brother. He is playing the opposite DE to Kolin. His Dad corrected me and said Kaleb has an offer from Boise State. Kolin has an offer from UTEP. Kolin is a little bigger and from seeing him in person he could grow into a ACC quality DE. Kaleb looks like he would be an OLB. Hopefully Cuse will look at them. Schertz Clemens is 5-0 this season and beat Johnny Football's (Manziel) old HS Team 27-0.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/clemens-buffaloes-(schertz,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Hey Mark, any response from the AD when you contacted them??

Not yet as I just sent emails...these guys are busy. I'll let the video speak as I am no Football expert. I trust the staff's judgment.

I am 100% on board with 'cuse pursuing Hill and Ozigbo for sure, they seem more then qualified and seem to come from trusted sources on their interest. However, I think we all need to admit that just because a fan of Syracuse football (speaking in general, not talking about anyone specific) throws a name out there, it does not mean that the Orange staff need to scramble to jump all over it. I see it on the basketball board too... someone drops a "highlight" video of their friend's kid hooping, and they think that SU should go after him. Not gonna happen. I know football is different, but still, let's be somewhat realistic.

In years past, very talented kids who were delivered on a platter to the staff, somehow were ignored. They now all currently play at big BCS schools. Others on the board know what I'm talking about.

In years past, very talented kids who were delivered on a platter to the staff, somehow were ignored. They now all currently play at big BCS schools. Others on the board know what I'm talking about.

Plain and simple - Coaches are idiots.

(And this is not an indictment on this staff, it is a generalization.)

Plain and simple - Coaches are idiots.

(And this is not an indictment on this staff, it is a generalization.)

I wouldn't say that...I think they get "tunnel vision" on a select group of recruits. Human nature.

I wouldn't say that...I think they get "tunnel vision" on a select group of recruits. Human nature.

Working with many, many coaches over the last decade gives me a bit different perspective I guess. You say "tunnel vision", I say "idiot". Same thing, right? :noidea:

Mark - Love the recruiting effort.
His speed is very impressive.
He must be on the radar for schools in TX.
Fly him up to CUSE in one of your F-16's..
Get Eric White working on it.. I intro'd him to a few kids in GA!

Footprint baby! Who knows what goes through these guys heads. Bugs the hell out of me that Rutgers has 100 recruits at every game, and we can't even get/won't bring guys here for the biggest home game of the year. Can't wait to see the big events that are scheduled for the January basketball games.

That's all.
There's a reason we have a high success rate landing kids we've gotten on campus and it's because we don't bring in 100 recruits to every game. Being selective allows these players to meet with all the coaches, get personal time, and see that they are a priority on our board. I have no qualms with how we do things here.

Update: His Dad just informed me Notre Dame gave Kolin (I incorrectly spelled it as Colin above) a verbal offer for a full ride scholarship to Notre Dame. He said SU has not contacted them.

There's a reason we have a high success rate landing kids we've gotten on campus and it's because we don't bring in 100 recruits to every game. Being selective allows these players to meet with all the coaches, get personal time, and see that they are a priority on our board. I have no qualms with how we do things here.
how many kids at a rutgers game come from outside a 2-3 hr radius? dont almost all of ours?

Very unfortunate the staff didn't send out a feeler... Perhaps they feel it's an impossibility to pull a D-1 kid out of Texas. Drew Allen's case didn't help!

Not even a phone call that is pretty bad. Good enough for a scholarship to ND but not good enough to get a phone call from Syracuse. Hmmmm

Very unfortunate the staff didn't send out a feeler... Perhaps they feel it's an impossibility to pull a D-1 kid out of Texas. Drew Allen's case didn't help!

Maybe the same reason they barely acknowledged Devine Ozigbo when he actually came to our campus. Plus he's originally from Boston. I guess it's all those running backs we brought in the past 2 years?

Note he was Texas top 100 juniors this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

They (Kolin and Kaleb) didn't do the camp circuits so no hype. They were on a horrible win less team last year...the coach got fired and now they are undefeated. Additionally Schertz Clemens HS is in the same district as Cibolo Steele (TX 5A power and former TX HS 5A champion). The HS is getting some kids from Steele territory due to moving school lines.

I agree with JDubbin that the staff is the judge and shouldn't jump after every well intentioned tip but it doesn't hurt if they explore a solid lead.

Watched them play against BOerne a couple weeks ago at Clemons. Both Kids are impressive. Would be good pickups IMO. Sidenote daughter goes to Steele plays soccer There. Her gym class is soccer. The first day of soccer class she had over 100 girls in the class. They eventually cut down to 20 for JV and 20 for varsity. We have a wake board and bowling teams as well. And football they pretty much dominate the state of Texas. Always in the Top 5 statewide. Wouldnt be the worst thing for the staff to at least get a look at some of the kids here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom