College Football Sim League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Just a heads up. After everyone signs up, I don't think we will actually be able to start making contact with players until Tuesday or Wednesday. You will be able to sc o ut a little, check out players in your area, all that good stuff. That will also give you time to check out the players guide, and the FAQ

Almost time boys! Good luck getting the teams you want, I know Ithaca is on a few people's wish list. Once you get a team, post here and let us know which team you're coaching.

It's 5:45, 80 degrees and sunny here in Alaska. Doing some camping on a lake. Sun isn't going down until August.

Just Sunday June 16th. But, it also says something to me along the lines of I'm not qualified yet and have been put on a waiting list for Stagg

Just Sunday June 16th. But, it also says something to me along the lines of I'm not qualified yet and have been put on a waiting list for Stagg

Hrm, I do know that updates for basketball were supposed to happen everyday at 10, but it would always be like 10:15 before it would actually update. Maybe that's the case here

Once recruiting starts I've got questions, Ive got 10 players I've listed but I'm assuming that their too high for my school. No idea how it's gonna work yet.

Once recruiting starts I've got questions, Ive got 10 players I've listed but I'm assuming that their too high for my school. No idea how it's gonna work yet.

The recruits you see now are indeed the ones in "Your Vision", as long as you are searching for Div. III players.

For now I would concentrate on looking at recruits within 0 - 360 miles until you learn how recruiting works. Otherwise you can run out of money rather quickly. If you run out of money and can't sign recruits, the simai will and they are horrendous players and puts your team behind the eight ball big time.

With the money you need to remember that each scholly cost's $100. So if you end up wanting to sign the recruits that turn green for you, you will need to have that money. Recruiting is the hardest part of this game in my opinion and I have been playing since 2008 !

I will post more tid bits or answer questions later today. I am actually at work today, lucky me...

The recruits you see now are indeed the ones in "Your Vision", as long as you are searching for Div. III players.

For now I would concentrate on looking at recruits within 0 - 360 miles until you learn how recruiting works. Otherwise you can run out of money rather quickly. If you run out of money and can't sign recruits, the simai will and they are horrendous players and puts your team behind the eight ball big time.

With the money you need to remember that each scholly cost's $100. So if you end up wanting to sign the recruits that turn green for you, you will need to have that money. Recruiting is the hardest part of this game in my opinion and I have been playing since 2008 !

I will post more tid bits or answer questions later today. I am actually at work today, lucky me...

Perfect, thanks for the info. When I saw the recruiting budget I figured it would correlate to distance some how so those are the recruits I've focused on is the 0-360.

I am now the head football coach for the Norwich Cadets.[/quplayed

We played against Pierre Garçon in his one year with Norwich before he moved on to MT. Union. He caught a controversial hail Mary to beat us.

Perfect, thanks for the info. When I saw the recruiting budget I figured it would correlate to distance some how so those are the recruits I've focused on is the 0-360.

Bingo!

You will see on the players page during recruiting what each recruiting action will cost. Asst. coach scout, Asst. coach home visit, HC scout, HC visit, campus visits all differ according to distance.

Phone calls from both coaches, materials (i.e., pamphlets, etc.), promised freshman starts, promised sophomore starts and playing time percentage and scholarships stay the same price no matter how far the distance.

Each recruiting action is also awarded points within the sim(you do not see this). What that means is that for each action and how ever many times for each action, points are awarded somehow and factor into who wins the recruiting battles and when the recruit decides to turn green. Phone calls are worth less than campus visits, and so forth. Campus visits are the best form of recruiting action, but also the most expensive!

You must have at least one face to face visit, scouting report visits are included in this, to sign a recruit. Every now and then a recruit will turn green for you after just one phone call. That action is not enough to slap the scholly towards him and hope he signs. You need at least one face to face, whether it be a scout, home visit or campus visit.

When recruiting starts, your first actions towards each recruit will not show up for 24 hrs. So our recruiting period starts at noon est on Wednesday 19, June. You can then start your recruiting actions but no reply's from the recruits will show up in your mailbox until noon on Thursday 20 June. After that initial 24 hr period recruiting cycles will then be around every three hours(i.e. 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 pm, etc,etc.).
You do not have to make every cycle. But the first few days of recruiting before signings begin should be your busiest periods unless you opt to search for and sign the undecided recruits or recruits that went overlooked or where coaches had too many green recruits and signed who they wanted, then those other recruits will then turn to the next best choice or choices of schools.

You can tell who is recruiting each recruit by clicking on his name. In the box right under his picture will be a list of schools or school that he is being recruited by. You can click on the school name to see if the school is human or sim coached. I would check this often. Human coached schools should be looked at for the following:

* how many seasons at the school has the coach been there
* how many scholarships do they have to offer
* what is the coaches ratings(I forget what they are called, but they are assigned letter grades, the higher the better).
* what type of record and post season play has the school had in the past four seasons
* Conference and National Championships won during that time frame

All those factors will help determine if you should battle that school for a recruit or not.

Right now you can look through the recruit pool and start "showing interest" towards a recruit by clicking the checkmark box. This shows the kid your interested in him, and then puts it him into a list for you. This in no way has any impact towards recruiting I am told, but from my experience, ones you were interested in compared to ones you were not interested in, can be gotten cheaper. That is just my two cents. I have no proof on this other than experience. You can only show interest towards 100 players so don't go crazy, lol!!

Get your practice plan together.

Decide what type of Off. and Def. you want to run and start making game plans for those.

I'm not really good at explaining things like this, so if you have any questions, fire away and I will respond as soon as I can.

Bingo!

You will see on the players page during recruiting what each recruiting action will cost. Asst. coach , Asst. coach home visit, HC , HC visit, campus visits all differ according to distance.

Phone calls from both coaches, materials (i.e., pamphlets, etc.), promised freshman starts, promised sophomore starts and playing time percentage and scholarships stay the same price no matter how far the distance.

Each recruiting action is also awarded points within the sim(you do not see this). What that means is that for each action and how ever many times for each action, points are awarded somehow and factor into who wins the recruiting battles and when the recruit decides to turn green. Phone calls are worth less than campus visits, and so forth. Campus visits are the best form of recruiting action, but also the most expensive!

You must have at least one face to face visit, scouting report visits are included in this, to sign a recruit. Every now and then a recruit will turn green for you after just one phone call. That action is not enough to slap the scholly towards him and hope he signs. You need at least one face to face, whether it be a , home visit or campus visit.

When recruiting starts, your first actions towards each recruit will not show up for 24 hrs. So our recruiting period starts at noon est on Wednesday 19, June. You can then start your recruiting actions but no reply's from the recruits will show up in your mailbox until noon on Thursday 20 June. After that initial 24 hr period recruiting cycles will then be around every three hours(i.e. 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 pm, etc,etc.).
You do not have to make every cycle. But the first few days of recruiting before signings begin should be your busiest periods unless you opt to search for and sign the undecided recruits or recruits that went overlooked or where coaches had too many green recruits and signed who they wanted, then those other recruits will then turn to the next best choice or choices of schools.

You can tell who is recruiting each recruit by clicking on his name. In the box right under his picture will be a list of schools or school that he is being recruited by. You can click on the school name to see if the school is human or sim coached. I would check this often. Human coached schools should be looked at for the following:

* how many seasons at the school has the coach been there
* how many scholarships do they have to offer
* what is the coaches ratings(I forget what they are called, but they are assigned letter grades, the higher the better).
* what type of record and post season play has the school had in the past four seasons
* Conference and National Championships won during that time frame

All those factors will help determine if you should battle that school for a recruit or not.

Right now you can look through the recruit pool and start "showing interest" towards a recruit by clicking the checkmark box. This shows the kid your interested in him, and then puts it him into a list for you. This in no way has any impact towards recruiting I am told, but from my experience, ones you were interested in compared to ones you were not interested in, can be gotten cheaper. That is just my two cents. I have no proof on this other than experience. You can only show interest towards 100 players so don't go crazy, lol!!

Get your practice plan together.

Decide what type of Off. and Def. you want to run and start making game plans for those.

I'm not really good at explaining things like this, so if you have any questions, fire away and I will respond as soon as I can.

Again, great info. Thank you. Now when it comes to Practice Plans I put all the points in the team section thinking position practice would be a different set of points, now I know that's not the case. Which of the two seem to factor more? Will players ratings rise significantly if you practice a lot of positional stuff or is the team stuff better IYO?

Again, great info. Thank you. Now when it comes to Practice Plans I put all the points in the team section thinking position practice would be a different set of points, now I know that's not the case. Which of the two seem to factor more? Will players ratings rise significantly if you practice a lot of positional stuff or is the team stuff better IYO?

In my opinion, the positional stuff is more important. To be honest, I have found no value going over 8 on any of the formations. So that is what I put into the formations for my teams, 8, including special teams.

EDIT: Players growth varies on the practice plan, WE (work ethic) and playing time.

Recruiting note...

The rating of a player does not matter. It is the core values that matter most. You can have a recruit with a 450 rating but his cores look horrible, and have a 398 recruit rating and his cores look solid. Please do not be sold on the rating. Your scouting report will shed light on the recruit as well.

Recruiting note...

The rating of a player does not matter. It is the core values that matter most. You can have a recruit with a 450 rating but his cores look horrible, and have a 398 recruit rating and his cores look solid. Please do not be sold on the rating. Your scouting report will shed light on the recruit as well.

I think the recruiting is going to be my favorite part, I have 13 schollys to fill, but my recruiting board already has 32 players on it. I can see myself becoming very addicted to this website seeing as I have been using it for a hoops dynasty for the last three weeks.

I think the recruiting is going to be my favorite part, I have 13 schollys to fill, but my recruiting board already has 32 players on it. I can see myself becoming very addicted to this website seeing as I have been using it for a hoops dynasty for the last three weeks.
What world are you in for hoops?