College Football Sim League | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

After zeroing in on what recruits you're interested in, how many do you typically have on your board?

Who do you think we are? Jerry Jones? Not gonna show ya my board!!

J/k...right now i have almost 60...got 16 schollies to offer...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

After zeroing in on what recruits you're interested in, how many do you typically have on your board?

Totally depends on how many recruits you need. As a new DIII coach, I think you need to cast your nets wide. That means scouting players who fit the profile of what you're looking for, not necessarily recruiting dozens of players where you are burning through your recruiting budget.

When you get more established, and if / when you have a track record of success, the SIM actually gives you a benefit in terms of how recruits respond to you. But as newbies, you have to be judicious about how you use your funds. Again, I wouldn't go all in early. I'd look for prospects [and backups] that fit the system you want to run. Avoid recruiting battles at this stage to the greatest extent possible, and be patient.

There's nothing worse than burning through your recruiting budget in 4-5 cycles and being stuck with tons of vacancies, but few players willing to sign.

i gotta get a summary on how the recruiting works in real time. how often does it cycle ad for how many days? basically, how many total cycles are there...

another question... some guys are RED right now (considering other offers) and some just say undecided.
How can people be considering offers if you arent allowed to offer yet?

another question... some guys are RED right now (considering other offers) and some just say undecided.
How can people be considering offers if you arent allowed to offer yet?

Teams that are RED before recruiting starts are considering SIM coached teams. In general, SIM teams have a disadvantage when it comes to recruiting, so this helps level the playing field. Assuming no other human coaches get involved, it will be easier [and less expensive] to flip a guy who is undecided to GREEN than it would a player who is considering others, even SIMs, but it can be done.

In terms of how recruiting unfolds: on the designated day that recruiting starts [varies by world], at approximately noon EST the system will allow you to begin. You have to go to the recruiting tab, select a player that you want to recruit, click the "recruit" tab on the player profile, and then select your activities--each of which has a cost. Based upon which activities you select, the total amount you are spending shows up at the bottom of the profile.

After you've selected all of the players you wish to recruit that cycle and have done all of your spending, the system won't show any results until the next day at noon. This is a new wrinkle; used to just be one cycle, but apparently coaches complained that they were missing the start of recruiting, so now they give you a day to get your initial recruiting cycle in. So, on noon of the next day--it will actually be 15-20 minutes later than that, given the massive amount of data the game has to process that cycle--you'll get your first round of results. Your inbox will get inundated with emails from the players, responding to your recruiting activities. The messages will range from "No Thanks" to "I love your program, where do I sign?"

These responses are clues that provide insight into which direction the players are leaning. They're standard responses, and after a few seasons you'll be able to decipher what the different messages mean.

Players won't necessarily turn GREEN if you offer them / recruit them, so you may have to do some additional stuff. By and large, it is very difficult to land players without some sort of visitation. But spend judiciously, because other coaches might spend more than you and knock you off, or pull you into a recruiting battle. At the DIII level, there is a very limited budget, and recruiting battles can get expensive--especially when you are fighting several different battles.

This process repeats every three-hour cycle. You get responses in your inbox, you'll have the opportunity to do new recruiting activities on players you're actively recruiting, or new prospects you start recruiting, and the results will then come to you the following cycle.

Two days after recruiting begins, you'll have signing day. The initial results come through at noon. Read this part carefully: you have to have enough money to offer players scholarships to get them to sign with you. That costs $100 per scholarship. So, for example, if you burn through your recruiting budget and have no money left, even if the players are all GREEN, you won't be able to sign them. So plan accordingly.

After signing day, recruiting goes on for 5 more days. So if you aren't able to line up your full class by signing day, don't worry. After that, players will sign any and every cycle, if they are GREEN and leaning toward your team.

Hope that helps

Teams that are RED before recruiting starts are considering SIM coached teams. In general, SIM teams have a disadvantage when it comes to recruiting, so this helps level the playing field. Assuming no other human coaches get involved, it will be easier [and less expensive] to flip a guy who is undecided to GREEN than it would a player who is considering others, even SIMs, but it can be done.

In terms of how recruiting unfolds: on the designated day that recruiting starts [varies by world], at approximately noon EST the system will allow you to begin. You have to go to the recruiting tab, select a player that you want to recruit, click the "recruit" tab on the player profile, and then select your activities--each of which has a cost. Based upon which activities you select, the total amount you are spending shows up at the bottom of the profile.

After you've selected all of the players you wish to recruit that cycle and have done all of your spending, the system won't show any results until the next day at noon. This is a new wrinkle; used to just be one cycle, but apparently coaches complained that they were missing the start of recruiting, so now they give you a day to get your initial recruiting cycle in. So, on noon of the next day--it will actually be 15-20 minutes later than that, given the massive amount of data the game has to process that cycle--you'll get your first round of results. Your inbox will get inundated with emails from the players, responding to your recruiting activities. The messages will range from "No Thanks" to "I love your program, where do I sign?"

These responses are clues that provide insight into which direction the players are leaning. They're standard responses, and after a few seasons you'll be able to decipher what the different messages mean.

Players won't necessarily turn GREEN if you offer them / recruit them, so you may have to do some additional stuff. By and large, it is very difficult to land players without some sort of visitation. But spend judiciously, because other coaches might spend more than you and knock you off, or pull you into a recruiting battle. At the DIII level, there is a very limited budget, and recruiting battles can get expensive--especially when you are fighting several different battles.

This process repeats every three-hour cycle. You get responses in your inbox, you'll have the opportunity to do new recruiting activities on players you're actively recruiting, or new prospects you start recruiting, and the results will then come to you the following cycle.

Two days after recruiting begins, you'll have signing day. The initial results come through at noon. Read this part carefully: you have to have enough money to offer players scholarships to get them to sign with you. That costs $100 per scholarship. So, for example, if you burn through your recruiting budget and have no money left, even if the players are all GREEN, you won't be able to sign them. So plan accordingly.

After signing day, recruiting goes on for 5 more days. So if you aren't able to line up your full class by signing day, don't worry. After that, players will sign any and every cycle, if they are GREEN and leaning toward your team.

Hope that helps

very helpful thanks. is it important to at least spend something on most the guys in your queue the first cycle? do they automatically rule you out if you dont...

I'm assuming that your recruiting budget is for the entire recruiting season and not just per cycle, correct?

very helpful thanks. is it important to at least spend something on most the guys in your queue the first cycle? do they automatically rule you out if you dont...

No to both questions.

Here is the updated conference rosters. If I have you listed as a "non sffan.com member" let me know, and I'll update it with your board name. I'm sure that if this season goes well, it shouldnt be hard to fill up the centennial conference.
Centennial guys, look out for an invite for an exibition game from me. I'll be updating the thread as far as records and anything else as the season goes on. Maybe it will help get a few more people interested. Good luck with recruiting!

Freedom Football Conference

East Region

Plymouth State - Keith43 (non sffan.com member)
Coast Guard - Dnyr85
Merchant Marine - SWFLCUSE
Norwich - BayonneOrange
Western Connecticut State - BlackKnight76
Worcester Tech - Clev04

West Region

Utica - Finwad32
Alfred - CuseTroop
Hartwick - AirForceOrange
Ithaca - Orangepace
Springfield - SUFaninNJ
St. John Fisher - Jeff4noles (non ssfan.com member)

Centennial Conference (In need of Coaches!)

East Region

Franklin & Marshal - Gillyacc (non sffan.com member)
Dickinson - scottleon (non sffan.com member)
Gettysburg - OPEN
Johns Hopkins - OPEN
McDaniel - OPEN
Muhlenberg- OPEN

West Region

Hobart - TBCuse11
Rensselaer Tech - OPEN
Rochester - OPEN
St. Lawrence - OPEN
Union - JKinPhilly
Ursinus - rudyru62 (non sffan.com member)

I was too late to sign up this year. Let me know and I'll take rochester or someone for next season.

I'm a bit behind the power curve. Its 8am here, just got to work. I have about an hour worth of paperwork to do and i'm gonna hit it hard. Good luck guys!

WHEN DOES THE FIRST CYCLE HAPPEN? 24 HOURS FROM NOW?
I sure hope my technique works, no clue !!! I it doesnt, the Statesmen could be in for a rough year LOL

You can start recruiting now...the first updates will not occur for 24 hours...after that it will be every 3 hrs.

WHEN DOES THE FIRST CYCLE HAPPEN? 24 HOURS FROM NOW?
I sure hope my technique works, no clue !!! I it doesnt, the Statesmen could be in for a rough year LOL
lol roger, that next cycle happens 24 hours after it started. After that, its every three hours

I've noticed tho, if the cycle is supposed to happen at 10am, it doesnt actually update until like, 10:05, 10:10. Same thing with games

My budget spent on the players still says $0. After 24 hours will it show how much I spent? I know that it shows up on the individual players. I also noticed that every player but one that I preselected had the red dot and offers from other schools. Is that pretty typical?

I'm open for exhibitions too if anybody else is. Tossed around a couple invites in our conference. Not sure who's coaching the teams I asked, but I'll know eventually.

What type of cash you guys spending in cycle 1? or is that confidential right now?

I'm open for exhibitions too if anybody else is. Tossed around a couple invites in our conference. Not sure who's coaching the teams I asked, but I'll know eventually.

What type of cash you guys spending in cycle 1? or is that confidential right now?

I would tell you, but I am sure the NSA is obvserving this board...

Accepted exhibitions with Union and Hartwick, and added Buff State.

There's no way to schedule OOC games if you don't buy an additional season?