College Football Sim League | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Wow, so stuff just got serious in the NE10 -- four teams in the top 27 according to GUESS with three more at 61, 63 and 64. Add to that the fact that while JKinPhilly's team is only at 84, his roster is dragged down largely by guys who won't be playing (not a bad strategy, by the way, with fatigue not working apparently). Should be a very competitive league.

Wow, so stuff just got serious in the NE10 -- four teams in the top 27 according to GUESS with three more at 61, 63 and 64. Add to that the fact that while JKinPhilly's team is only at 84, his roster is dragged down largely by guys who won't be playing (not a bad strategy, by the way, with fatigue not working apparently). Should be a very competitive league.
This league is going to be a gauntlet. Whomever wins will definitely be battle tested. I spent 4 hours yesterday redesigning my offense/defensive strategies and learning the new 3.1 system. This is going to be fun, just hope I kick all your as$es! Something weird is going on with Guess though. If you look at the conference rankings, we're 4th from last. That doesn't make any sense given the individual rankings of our teams. So I'm a little shocked. That said, I always laugh at the recruiting class rankings because it doesn't give any effect to walkons. Not to mention, looking at their formulas for positions I have something very different setup for my way of evaluating.

Good luck to you all! Finwad32 - You're going down!

So dumb questions, at the 1-AA level due I not get recruiting funds back for rescinding scholarships?

Finwad32 said:
So dumb questions, at the 1-AA level due I not get recruiting funds back for rescinding scholarships?
no, you should get them back same as you did at the other levels. You get it at rollover, so the same time you get the other funds.

no, you should get them back same as you did at the other levels. You get it at rollover, so the same time you get the other funds.
I thought so but I couldn't remember. I got nervous when I ditched some guys and didn't see the funds.

Thanks brother!

Not sure if anybody is still reading, but, I just advanced to my first Final Four with Utica. I actually run two teams in Stagg now. My first profile, finwad32, just applied for 2 1A jobs that I should have no problems getting. Time to run with the big boys.

Not sure if anybody is still reading, but, I just advanced to my first Final Four with Utica. I actually run two teams in Stagg now. My first profile, finwad32, just applied for 2 1A jobs that I should have no problems getting. Time to run with the big boys.
I didn't know you were still on there.. I have SU in D1A Stagg. Have my work cutout for me in recruiting this season. Need to have a good full class. I burned badly last season and it'll be hurting me for the next 2 seasons. Hopefully I don't get fired.

In Warner, I've won two Championships with my North Carolina Central team. I'm cruising to hopefully #3 this season, but billsin01 may be the only team that can derail me.

If you're looking to pickup another team in another world, take a look at Wilkinson. There is a guy who does radio shows for D1AA and above teams. It's really well done and makes it all that much more fun to be honest.

I didn't know you were still on there.. I have SU in D1A Stagg. Have my work cutout for me in recruiting this season. Need to have a good full class. I burned badly last season and it'll be hurting me for the next 2 seasons. Hopefully I don't get fired.

In Warner, I've won two Championships with my North Carolina Central team. I'm cruising to hopefully #3 this season, but billsin01 may be the only team that can derail me.

If you're looking to pickup another team in another world, take a look at Wilkinson. There is a guy who does radio shows for D1AA and above teams. It's really well done and makes it all that much more fun to be honest.

I don't know OP -- that NC Central team is a total bear. Just absolutely loaded. Nicely done over there. But I am in Stagg IAA with Towson and Warner DII with Virginia State.

CuseTroop AirForceOrange SWFLCUSE BlackKnight76 Orangepace billsin01 SUFaninNJ

I don't remember who I'm forgetting from the original group, but, it took 2 1/2 GD Years and $100's of dollars but Utica took home the National Championship in the FFBC this season. Holy crap, how much fricking time I've wasted.

congrats man! holy cow, lol. Have they done anymore updates? I know the one they did while this crew was playing really turned people off.

congrats man! holy cow, lol. Have they done anymore updates? I know the one they did while this crew was playing really turned people off.
Nope, that last update has been it since. This game still amazes me as I still learn things about it. There's so much to it, it's crazy.

Congrats Finwad!!!! even though you did leave me out of the shoutout!!! Loved the game when I was playing it but after I stopped I realized how much time it truly took up.

Congrats Finwad!!!! even though you did leave me out of the shoutout!!! Loved the game when I was playing it but after I stopped I realized how much time it truly took up.
My fault Oh Lord... Thank you! The amount of time this game soaks up is staggering. Once you get it running though, you're good to go:

CuseTroop AirForceOrange SWFLCUSE BlackKnight76 Orangepace billsin01 SUFaninNJ

I don't remember who I'm forgetting from the original group, but, it took 2 1/2 GD Years and $100's of dollars but Utica took home the National Championship in the FFBC this season. Holy crap, how much fricking time I've wasted.
Congratulations Finwad32 ! It's a really cool feeling that first title! Get out now though, or you are bound to find the years you don't win one feeling empty!

I moved over to some other worlds and have been giving the "greats" fits! I've stolen 4 D2 trophies and 5 D1AA trophies. And I just put together a season that I don't believe I will ever match again in D1AA. I played the toughest strength of schedule in the world and the closest score came in the championship game, 89 -30.

This game is crazy fun for me.

Congratulations Finwad32 ! It's a really cool feeling that first title! Get out now though, or you are bound to find the years you don't win one feeling empty!

I moved over to some other worlds and have been giving the "greats" fits! I've stolen 4 D2 trophies and 5 D1AA trophies. And I just put together a season that I don't believe I will ever match again in D1AA. I played the toughest strength of schedule in the world and the closest score came in the championship game, 89 -30.

This game is crazy fun for me.

I knew you had a different handle on the game. I've been able to beat the best guys with my 2 teams in Stagg, and you always housed me. Congrats man!

I knew you had a different handle on the game. I've been able to beat the best guys with my 2 teams in Stagg, and you always housed me. Congrats man!
If you really want to dive deeper, send me a PM. I'll have you competing with any and everyone. But I apologize if I stole any of the luster off your first Championship! Congrats man! It's really awesome to get over that hump!

I love game and truthfully spend zero time at home on it. I play it during my mini-breaks throughout the day at work.

Last edited:
Congrats. That game was a good time but I'm glad to have the hours back.
Totally understand, but other than recruiting, it really doesn't consume as many hours as many think. I spend maybe 30 mins a day on there actually running my team. But I have invested a lot more time than that into understanding how it all works. I'm always a bonehead when it comes to learning, so I don't like to take a lot of direction and instead like to trial-and-error learn things. But I have no doubt that I could have any of you all winning consistently with a season worth of walking you through how to do it.

RF2044 - Did you just return to Rockne and take the Syracuse job?

It's been a while since I've posted around here, but I thought I'd happily announce that in the Warner world I took over Syracuse and won the National Championship recently, my first at the D1A level. Anyone still playing?

RF2044 - Did you just return to Rockne and take the Syracuse job?

It's been a while since I've posted around here, but I thought I'd happily announce that in the Warner world I took over Syracuse and won the National Championship recently, my first at the D1A level. Anyone still playing?
I went up in a couple other leagues but have since left them. I'm still running Utica in Stagg though, lol, never could let that one go.

I probably would have stuck with it if I could have figured out how to be successful at it...
If you ever change your mind, let me know and I can try to help. I currently stand at 21 championships in 118 seasons, so I think I have a pretty good grasp at this point.