College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

I need my bench to do work... My starters are having a great season, but if my bench doesnt show up, I lose.
Lol... I seem to have accumulated a lot of 6th men and no true starters! Trade?

I'm thinking it's about time for me to just start playing my freshmen and hope they start improving more heading into next season. I'll take some lumps, but I'm going to finish below .500 anyway.

I'm thinking it's about time for me to just start playing my freshmen and hope they start improving more heading into next season. I'll take some lumps, but I'm going to finish below .500 anyway.

I've lost some conference games that I feel like I should have won. Tough game coming up now. 12-5, we'll see if we can fight our way into the tourny

I'm right there with you CuseTroop. Fighting my way to the tourney hopefully. Put together a good string, but still a lot of work to be done.

I'm right there with you CuseTroop. Fighting my way to the tourney hopefully. Put together a good string, but still a lot of work to be done.

That Valdosta St coach has to hate me... I'm 4-0 against him, he's been the fav almost every game.

Welp, I'm 7-11, time to play for the future. New starting small forward and bumping up the PT for the freshmen PF and C.

hey guys... gmancuse has found us. He has a team in HD, Minnesota, Duluth. He's in the same world and division as us.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to make a run at this level for another year or so, but I'm going to keep my eye on the D1 prize. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I'll let you all know when I submit my first application at the next level though. At this point, I need to focus on trying to win an at-large bid for the tourney. Have a high RPI due to my tough NC schedule, so right now the projection report has:
  • St Edwards - On the bubble... I need to get some more wins under the belt as I'm about 16 spots out of a lock position.
  • Monetvallo - Out... Already stated he's playing for the future and unless you were to win the conference tourney, that's exactly what you should be doing.
  • N. Alabama - On the bubble... Your SOS is killing you here. You're currently 13 spots behind me, so a win over me before the conference tourney would likely swap us in position.
  • Minnesota, Duluth - On the bubble... You're currently at 37 in the RPI and 10 spots ahead of me. Have some work to do to get to a lock, but you're only 6 spots out, so likely just avoiding an upset and you're in.
I think right now 3 of us are in, but still a lot of work to be done. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

Yeah at this point 1-6 on my depth chart in terms of MPG are FR and SO's. I inherited a disaster so it's a slow process building back up. I'm hoping in two seasons I'll be really competitive, when my boy "Boba" Fett is a senior. He should be close to 700 overall rating by then.

CuseTroop - you cut me deep friend. Looks like my team played a good game, but shot badly at the FT line for the difference.

CuseTroop - you cut me deep friend. Looks like my team played a good game, but shot badly at the FT line for the difference.
Don't worry, you'll roll me today especially since I'm in full "take your lumps to improve the young guys" mode.

hey guys... gmancuse has found us. He has a team in HD, Minnesota, Duluth. He's in the same world and division as us.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to make a run at this level for another year or so, but I'm going to keep my eye on the D1 prize. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I'll let you all know when I submit my first application at the next level though. At this point, I need to focus on trying to win an at-large bid for the tourney. Have a high RPI due to my tough NC schedule, so right now the projection report has:
  • St Edwards - On the bubble... I need to get some more wins under the belt as I'm about 16 spots out of a lock position.
  • Monetvallo - Out... Already stated he's playing for the future and unless you were to win the conference tourney, that's exactly what you should be doing.
  • N. Alabama - On the bubble... Your SOS is killing you here. You're currently 13 spots behind me, so a win over me before the conference tourney would likely swap us in position.
  • Minnesota, Duluth - On the bubble... You're currently at 37 in the RPI and 10 spots ahead of me. Have some work to do to get to a lock, but you're only 6 spots out, so likely just avoiding an upset and you're in.
I think right now 3 of us are in, but still a lot of work to be done. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

My SOS should be stronger next year. I knew I had lightened it up this season, but didnt think it would be this bad, lol

Of course, if I beat Drury tomorrow, I get to battle Orangepace in the 2nd round.

Hopefully one of us has enough to make it in the tourny with a 2nd round loss here.

I hope you get the win. I think I may be in either way.

Going to try to make it a battle after the last a$$ whooping you gave me.

I've gotta get past Drury first, I'm favored by 37, but only beat them by 7 today
You will.. As their coach, you can't get down on them... They will start to play like they're not good enough... My team overachieved all year because I told them that I don't accept losing and will renege on some of their schollies if they lose more than 8 games all year... They're trending very close to forcing my hand.

You will.. As their coach, you can't get down on them... They will start to play like they're not good enough... My team overachieved all year because I told them that I don't accept losing and will renege on some of their schollies if they lose more than 8 games all year... They're trending very close to forcing my hand.

I pulled the ol JB approach. I've been shouting the "this is not a good team" all season long.

Here we go, brotha. All the marbles.

gmancuse we will have to get ya on the OOC sched

6 point lead at half, and your boy Macaluso has a sportcenter top 10 monster dunk with 3 seconds to go. We came out of the time out, and missed a half court shot.

My starters all had pretty good numbers.. I needed a something, anything out of my backup SF..

Good luck in the rest of the tourny, OP.

Crossing my fingers we make it to the dance!

6 point lead at half, and your boy Macaluso has a sportcenter top 10 monster dunk with 3 seconds to go. We came out of the time out, and missed a half court shot.

My starters all had pretty good numbers.. I needed a something, anything out of my backup SF..

Good luck in the rest of the tourny, OP.

Crossing my fingers we make it to the dance!
Hell of a game man. Sorry to see your guys go down. You made a tough bucket with 12 secs to tie too. Wow. Good luck on the playoffs.. Hopefully I can win the conference tourney and guarantee my spot.

Ahhh, missed the bubble.

#1 seed in the NIT tho...

Team feels disrespected. We are going to wreck house.

Ahhh, missed the bubble.

#1 seed in the NIT tho...

Team feels disrespected. We are going to wreck house.
Dude, you missed by one slot! Damn man. Was hoping you'd get in man. Good luck in the NIT.. I'm about to get curb stomped in the tourney.

Dude, you missed by one slot! Damn man. Was hoping you'd get in man. Good luck in the NIT.. I'm about to get curb stomped in the tourney.

lol yea I was a little bummed...

I laid a dime on you vs indy. You got this!

Hows recruiting going?

I've been sick, so I havent even started yet, Will get hot on it today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom