College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

"Too much money left"...oh, go screw! Ha. I could have wrapped up one or two more guys if I hadn't run out of cash.

I don't have any seniors on my roster anyway, so I don't mind having one or two walkons so that I can actually do some recruiting next offseason.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my class. I think my SG could be solid, and if I can get my PG eligible I like his potential. My SF is "high" in 5 categories according to Future Stars, and my C is going to be solid hopefully as well. My PF is going to start immediately but that's more out of necessity.

"Too much money left"...oh, go screw! Ha. I could have wrapped up one or two more guys if I hadn't run out of cash.

I don't have any seniors on my roster anyway, so I don't mind having one or two walkons so that I can actually do some recruiting next offseason.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my class. I think my SG could be solid, and if I can get my PG eligible I like his potential. My SF is "high" in 5 categories according to Future Stars, and my C is going to be solid hopefully as well. My PF is going to start immediately but that's more out of necessity.
Lol. I wanted to recind a scholarship of one of my other players because I had a guy I was chasing but just didn't have the room for. I didn't realize you can only do that up until signing starts, so I had to watch him go to another squad. YUCK! Lesson learned.

I have a feeling this is going to be another rough season for me, but hopefully leading into next year I can get a full roster, and I'll have enough guys with experience and solid ratings across the board to be competitive next year. This year is going to be a "take our lumps and get ready for next season" type of year. Too much youth bringing down the overall rating of the team (that's what you get when you have zero seniors on the roster, along with eight FR/SO - including one FR who is ineligible this season).

3-3...

I need to get my bench distribution figured out... This could be a rough season

I'm 2-4...I'm already pretty positive I'll struggle to get to 10 wins, but it's all about developing my guys this season. Next year it could be a solid season for me.

I'm 2-4...I'm already pretty positive I'll struggle to get to 10 wins, but it's all about developing my guys this season. Next year it could be a solid season for me.

see, you should be used to getting screwed come tourney time...

:rolling:couchburn

Also, I just figured out that if you take away my walkon and my guy who isn't eligible this year, my team rating is 547, rather than the 524 with those two. Not great by any stretch, but some potential considering I don't have any seniors, and most of my guys are freshmen and sophomores. Next year when Boba Fett is a senior I think I could at least finish in the upper third of the conference.

9-8

I'm stoked with my starters, but again, I'm not getting anything off my bench.

I've fought my way to 17-1. Think I'm about to Calhoun one of my Jrs/Sophs because they suck and are bitching about playing time. Don't suck and I won't let you ride the pine, plain and simple. My freshman center is going to be REALLY REALLY good when he slides to starter next season, Bonner.

I'm below average yet again. Young team, though, and enough steadily improving players that I think I'll be competitive next season. 7-11 overall, and it won't get much better this season, I don't think.

Short season for the Lions.

Man, idk if I'm doing something wrong, or if my boys just weren't up to it this year. Everyone has seemed to progress pretty nice this season tho.

Good luck guys!

My team looks like we SHOULD be solid next season but we will see. I also don't get why we struggle so damn much. I lose to teams with lower average ratings than me way too often and I just don't understand why.

Minus my walk on and my ineligible FR who hasn't been able to practice/improve, my 10 rotation guys average 583 yet I lose routinely to worse teams.

Also? My boy Boba Fett averaged 18 and shot 46% FG and 42% 3PT and couldn't even get HM All-Conference?

What the hell, man?

cant wait to start. hopefully i eventually catch up with you guys.

Any tips?

Damn, in and out of the tourney in the first round. Oh well. Time to push on to next year. Hoping a few of these guys I tried to Calhoun actually call me on my bluff and jettison!

Alright guys... I found a spot at D1 that I'm going to take a shot at getting a job. Tennessee St. If I'm not hired, I'll be back here at St. Edwards, but that team is setup to kill it at the next level. I feel bad for the other human teams in that division.. I'll be crushing their asse.s next season.

Orangepace said:
Alright guys... I found a spot at D1 that I'm going to take a shot at getting a job. Tennessee St. If I'm not hired, I'll be back here at St. Edwards, but that team is setup to kill it at the next level. I feel bad for the other human teams in that division.. I'll be crushing their asse.s next season.
well that's funny. They said they are looking for someone with more success. Have they seen what I've done this far?!?! Oh well, maybe next season. Time to focus my attention back to St. Edwards.

well that's funny. They said they are looking for someone with more success. Have they seen what I've done this far?!?! Oh well, maybe next season. Time to focus my attention back to St. Edwards.
How the hell do you manage to win so damn much, other than recruiting? My team is higher rated than half the teams I lose to, and I just don't get it.

How the hell do you manage to win so damn much, other than recruiting? My team is higher rated than half the teams I lose to, and I just don't get it.
I tinker with my gameplans for nearly every game. Just depends who I'm playing. All in, it probably takes me 10 minutes to do for each game. But this is only after I've determined what my "normal" distributions on offense and lineup are.

All in, I don't' think you do a bad job at all recruiting. I think some refining is all that you need and you'd likely win a lot more games. Hard to tell right now, but I'll see what I can offer as advice to you and Troop after recruiting..

Holy smokes, guys. I almost lost my team! Good thing my team is so bad that nobody put in an application haha.

looks like my team was a 14 seed last season. finishing 2nd in my conference.

My team appears to be pretty solid for a 1 year run. loaded with seniors unfortunately.

Edward Newton Sr PG 36 81 25 91 31 77 93 74 70 79 63 C 666
Rodney Coburn Jr SG 59 52 10 41 15 25 67 41 26 34 72 62 C 504
David Webb Jr SG 77 34 27 72 18 26 29 17 28 9 70 45 C 452
Leland Domino Jr SF 31 45 40 25 30 54 37 32 48 32 75 66 C 515
Jason Cain So SF 18 44 43 14 23 33 45 34 49 51 65 46 B 465
Michael Cuccia Sr PF 73 36 76 48 50 70 37 13 39 58 78 32 C 610
James Manuel Sr C 70 49 56 73 39 61 40 18 26 77 80 76 C 665
Carl Sharpless Sr C 49 30 94 58 85 4 31 26 34 88 82 59C 649
Averages -- 52 46 44 49 33 43 42 34 40 52 75 56 C 566

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads