Comparing this team to 1993-94 Bills | Syracusefan.com

Comparing this team to 1993-94 Bills

Millhouse

Living Legend
The Bills fell apart in the super bowl but had that unreal comeback earlier in the playoffs. Decades later I wonder if I would trade that comeback that I attended for a super bowl. I don't think I would.

UNC and Nova deserve to be where they are but we had the most exhilaration

The Bills fell apart in the super bowl but had that unreal comeback earlier in the playoffs. Decades later I wonder if I would trade that comeback that I attended for a super bowl. I don't think I would.

Maybe a big difference is that Bills had a run of fantastic regular season success those couple of years. That season they were 12-4 (?), they were a team that you expected belonged in the Super Bowl.

SU's run this season was very unexpected. Projecting in advance, I don't think it was realistic for us to expect to advance in the tournament this season the way we played during the regular season. As we moved through the tournament, the only game that I think that was realistic for us to expect to win was the game against MTSU. The whole run was exhilirating as a fan because the team out performed expectations!! Expectations for our teams are typically high, so it is difficult to outperform and we rarely have the opportunity to truly do so. This was one such opportunity/year...and in a big way!! The final four as a 10 seed. We don't think of ourselves as a 10 seed, but imagine how we would have looked at another 10 seed, had they advanced in SU's place.

I hate that we lost to UNC. When you get that far it doesn't matter how you got there...you are so close that you want the team to take advantage of the opportunity that presents itself, and it hurts when it doesn't happen, but its hard not to be happy with just being there in retrospect.

The wins against Gonzaga and UVA within 48 hours were so over-the-top fantastic. I agree with your sentiment completely. In a sport that fields 300+ teams, winning it all cannot be the only measure of success. Those wins were a gift and allowed us to celebrate SU hoops for an additional week.

The wins against Gonzaga and UVA within 48 hours were so over-the-top fantastic. I agree with your sentiment completely. In a sport that fields 300+ teams, winning it all cannot be the only measure of success. Those wins were a gift and allowed us to celebrate SU hoops for an additional week.
I don't say it lightly though, it takes something extraordinary to even make me consider something like that. It's a bit like the GMAC run, would we trade that for anything?

I was at the Houston comeback game too. Would trade that game for an one SB win in a heartbeat.

I don't say it lightly though, it takes something extraordinary to even make me consider something like that. It's a bit like the GMAC run, would we trade that for anything?
And the 6OT victory. Between that win over UCONN and GMAC'S run, there was a time when the NCAAS were melodramatic in my opinion. Our victory over Georgetown (and Fair's jam over Otto - after losing the finale in DC by 20+) is another prime example.

And the 6OT victory. Between that win over UCONN and GMAC'S run, there was a time when the NCAAS were melodramatic in my opinion. Our victory over Georgetown (and Fair's jam over Otto - after losing the finale in DC by 20+) is another prime example.
6 ot doesn't make the cut for me. Too many missed shots extending the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom