Congratulations Dwight Freeney | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations Dwight Freeney

Actually what they are showing is the second game of the home and home, this was the following year, 1999 in the Dome, a 13-18 loss. I looked it up and we went 7-5 that year with a bowl win over Kentucky, we had blowout losses to VTech and Miami, close losses to BC and Rutgers, we started out 5-1, slumped and finished 7-5 in 1999. We still had some great players despite the mediocre record.
Another year that should have been 1-2 wins better

Actually what they are showing is the second game of the home and home, this was the following year, 1999 in the Dome, a 13-18 loss. I looked it up and we went 7-5 that year with a bowl win over Kentucky, we had blowout losses to VTech and Miami, close losses to BC and Rutgers, we started out 5-1, slumped and finished 7-5 in 1999. We still had some great players despite the mediocre record.
That loss was sealed when Nunes did his whirling dervish act at the worst possible time.

That loss was sealed when Nunes did his whirling dervish act at the worst possible time.
Are you talking about the safety? I had to leave the room and just heard part of the PBP of the safety from the kitchen. I missed seeing the safety.

Are you talking about the safety? I had to leave the room and just heard part of the PBP of the safety from the kitchen. I missed seeing the safety.
That may have been the last season that intentionally throwing a pass out of bounds was a penalty.

Coach P's legacy.

It seemed like year after year we'd lose 1-2 early games, fight back and have a decent season, but not enough to do anything really meaningful. My breaking point was losing to Tee Martin and Tennessee on some bogus call if I remember correctly. Bad luck for sure, but that became the pattern w/ Coach P: good to very good teams, but not enough to do something special.
Hindsight being 20-20, we'd gladly accept that today, but back then it just wasn't good enough.

It seemed like year after year we'd lose 1-2 early games, fight back and have a decent season, but not enough to do anything really meaningful. My breaking point was losing to Tee Martin and Tennessee on some bogus call if I remember correctly. Bad luck for sure, but that became the pattern w/ Coach P: good to very good teams, but not enough to do something special.
Hindsight being 20-20, we'd gladly accept that today, but back then it just wasn't good enough.
The year before 1997 was the worst case of this. Smoke Wisconsin at the Meadowlands then lose the home opener to NC St. when P give the ball to freshman to ice the game who fumbles. Also I'm not sure he knew the brand new OT rules. Then losing by a FG to a mid at best Oklahoma and finally getting smoked by VT.

The year before 1997 was the worst case of this. Smoke Wisconsin at the Meadowlands then lose the home opener to NC St. when P give the ball to freshman to ice the game who fumbles. Also I'm not sure he knew the brand new OT rules. Then losing by a FG to a mid at best Oklahoma and finally getting smoked by VT.

Mental Health Anxiety GIF by All Better

We seemed to be just a step away during that era. We had a bunch of injuries early that season. I'm pretty sure McNabb played to two separated shoulders against Virginia Tech. I've seen knowledgeable people on here say a bunch of RBs were hurt at the end of the NC state game.