Congratulations, Malachi! And behind Door #22, heeere's | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations, Malachi! And behind Door #22, heeere's

I wasn't able to make Malachi's $10 autograph session today. My wife gave me a bunch of honey do to do. Oh well. It would have been fun.

That is all fine, but we aren't going to know for sure if he made the right decision until a few years from now.

That's interesting that you've changed your opinion on that. There is a post 585 in this thread where you said if he goes 23rd, he made the right decision. Seems like he went 22nd, yet you still won't admit it. Interesting...

Gun to my head predictions...

It's not a two year contract. There are two team option years, which will likely be picked up.

23rd was my pick, not bad, one pick away.

That wasn't your prediction. That was someone's hypothetical question to you. You are really good at playing games like this. My point, which you obviously know, was that you admitted that if he was the 23rd pick he made the right decision. Now you've moved the goal posts on that because you're so obsessed with the idea that he made the wrong decision. Classy move.

That wasn't your prediction. That was someone's hypothetical question to you. You are really good at playing games like this. My point, which you obviously know, was that you admitted that if he was the 23rd pick he made the right decision. Now you've moved the goal posts on that because you're so obsessed with the idea that he made the wrong decision. Classy move.

That was my actual prediction though, I'm not moving the goal posts, I am just saying we are a few years away from being able to judge the decision.

Interesting thread filled with a lot of people who won't sniff that kind of money over probably the next 7-10 years judging his decision. Also interesting that many of the same folks see him earning a top 10 slot in Next years draft, but seem to be unable to fathom him grabbing a second contract.

Briancuse said:
That was my actual prediction though, I'm not moving the goal posts, I am just saying we are a few years away from being able to judge the decision.

How can we judge the decision? Seriously, share.

Capt. Tuttle said:
No one ever considers this: what if the kid just doesn't like school? Doesn't want to go to class? Why should he stay longer than he needs to?

That's a good question. I've maintained through this whole thing that we have like 1/10th the information these guys do and then we place measures of what success looks like to us. I'm not sure some posters are able to see this clearly.

If Mali needed advice on what to do, he'd look for qualified people who know him or know the NBA (former players and coaches) 1st. As he should and probably did. I'm fine arguing about his on court skills and how he might fit in Sacramento, etc - I just draw the line at judging his life choices and defining success for him.

How he plays in the next few years, if he earns 2nd contract.
So then did Fab Melo make a mistake to leave when he did because he didn't get a second contract? I think you can argue that he left the only time he would have made NBA coin.

That's a good question. I've maintained through this whole thing that we have like 1/10th the information these guys do and then we place measures of what success looks like to us. I'm not sure some posters are able to see this clearly.

If Mali needed advice on what to do, he'd look for qualified people who know him or know the NBA (former players and coaches) 1st. As he should and probably did. I'm fine arguing about his on court skills and how he might fit in Sacramento, etc - I just draw the line at judging his life choices and defining success for him.

Yes.

Also, even if Mal genuinely enjoyed his year on campus and meant every good word he said about life as an SU player and student sincerely, he might A. not be academically inclined at this point in his life, so struggled to keep his grades up even if he liked the classes or B. even if he got EXCELLENT grades and plans to pursue his bachelor's online if possible while a pro, and not wait till his career ends to get it, the fact that as a NCAA scholarship player, he had to earn X number of credits a semester (12?), with a GPA of 2.0 I would think to stay eligible, AND wake up most mornings during the season around 5 to practice before class, eat, go to class, eat, more class, rest and/or study, eat, practice, eat, study/write a paper/ chill a little, eat then sleep before doing it again. Not counting game days. Not counting road trips. And I may be wrong but I think basketball is the only NCAA sport that is played for the better part of BOTH semesters, no?

Mal may just have been so freaking exhausted that the NBA lifestyle looks restful by comparison.

So then did Fab Melo make a mistake to leave when he did because he didn't get a second contract? I think you can argue that he left the only time he would have made NBA coin.

Fab Melo wasn't good enough, we get it, you think everyone should leave for the Nba no matter what.

Fab Melo wasn't good enough, we get it, you think everyone should leave for the Nba no matter what.
Putting aside what I may or may not think, related to the idea that the 2nd contract determines if the decision to jump is a good one, how would you assess Fab Melo's decision to enter the draft after his sophomore year?

Putting aside what I may or may not think, related to the idea that the 2nd contract determines if the decision to jump is a good one, how would you assess Fab Melo's decision to enter the draft after his sophomore year?

GENIUS.
(All that studying at Chucks paid off! :p)

Fab struck while the iron was hot.
He made $2Mil more in the NBA than he ever shoulda.

Fab Melo is a different bird, he had no interest in school, I dislike very few Su players, he was one of them. It was good riddance to him.

Fab Melo is a different bird, he had no interest in school, I dislike very few Su players, he was one of them. It was good riddance to him.
OK, that's how you feel about him, but did he make a bad decision to leave for the NBA after his sophomore season?

He had no choice. There is no way he remains eligible for his junior year. For him, it was the only choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom