Continued Message that makes no sense.. | Syracusefan.com

Continued Message that makes no sense..

arbitragegls

All Conference
This is happening only on this site

Syracusefan.com opens and i can use...However, i am continually getting the following message each time i open the site and/or a thread: example below:

Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site: http://syracusefan.com/forums/syracusebasketballboard.2/.
operation aborted

I have used Norton, Malwarebytes and McAfee and no viruses have been found

This is constantly popping up even though site opens and i can navigate once i close from 1-5 of these popup messages...additionally, getting message on right side of page that ads are unable to be opened. This has all started in last week...HELP as enjoyment of site is fading fast.
(note doing so on different computers and servers)
Thank you for your help.

Also..with Chrome. Started today

This page has insecure content

On Chrome...if you click on the wrench (upper right) Tools...Java Console..it'll show web developers the insecure script.

This is the additional info Chrome gives about the problem...

Block Insecure Javascript

When a website is secured via HTTPS, the website developers must also ensure that all of the scripts used by the page will be delivered in the same secure manner as the main page itself. The same requirements also apply to plugins and external CSS stylesheets used by the page, as these have the same considerations as Javascript.
When this isn't the case (sometimes called a “mixed script” situation), visitors to the site run the risk that attackers can interfere with the website and change the script so as to serve their own purposes.
Traditionally, browsers have run the mixed script, genuine or not, and notified you after-the-fact by a broken lock icon, a dialog box, or a red https:// in the address bar (in the case of Google Chrome). The problem with this approach is that by the time the script has run, it is already too late, because the script has had access to all of the data on the page.
Chrome protects you by refusing to run any script on a secure page unless it is also being delivered over HTTPS. Data on the page remains secure even in the presence of an attacker, but the downside is that this may cause pages to display improperly. You may wish to let the website owner know that their site isn't properly secured. A poorly-written extension can also sometimes cause this.
You can bypass this protection by clicking “Allow Anyway”, in which case Chrome will refresh the page and load the insecure content. You will then see an https:// displayed in red in the location bar indicating that the page could not be secured.

doesnt this mean that developers of syracusefan.com are doing something wrong or being lazy. This problem started last week and is getting worse...i almost prefer to go elsewhere than to repeatedly click on the messages. Seems to me syracusefan should fix the problem with their site

No issues here using Chrome on OD X.

Have you tried another browser? Is there an update for your current browser?

My Chrome is up to date. Just came back to the board and the problem has at least disappeared for the moment.

Chrome auto updates..so it might have been a temporary Chrome problem that got auto updated, or some adv script on the site? We'll see if it reappears.