Cooney and Malachi were combined 1-19 from three | Syracusefan.com

Cooney and Malachi were combined 1-19 from three

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Gbinije and Lydon were 4-7. I said earlier this year that with Gbinije having the ball in his hands that our team was going to be very dangerous. No doubt that he is having a great season but definitely the one thing I would love to see is for him to be more aggressive with the ball. Usually if your point guard is taking the most shots, it's not the formula for success, but when he is your best three pt shooter, you need to run more plays for him from deep. This needs to be his team and he needs to put the team on his back. It just blows my mind that Malachi (who I think is extremely talented) took 20 shots today and our best player only took eleven.

g is pegged as a senior leader and also the pg. he's doing the right thing theoretically, but it really hurts the team.

as the lead guard, he is actively deferring his personal O and looking to distribute and get his team mates involved. again, the right thing to do expect he is the only one I really want to see with attacking the ball. Mal will get it. he's young and forced to play out of position. Robe should have about 2 plays a game run through him, the rest of his scoring should be putbacks. Coondawg is Coondawg and that aint changing.

If we had a competent 1, Mal/Coon could split 2 and g could be a pure generate offense 3, which we sorely need

(I recycle posts because I'm environmentally conscious)

Gbinije and Lydon were 4-7. I said earlier this year that with Gbinije having the ball in his hands that our team was going to be very dangerous. No doubt that he is having a great season but definitely the one thing I would love to see is for him to be more aggressive with the ball. Usually if your point guard is taking the most shots, it's not the formula for success, but when he is your best three pt shooter, you need to run more plays for him from deep. This needs to be his team and he needs to put the team on his back. It just blows my mind that Malachi (who I think is extremely talented) took 20 shots today and our best player only took eleven.
There was a run in the second where we made a move mainly due to malis drives. Then we get a chance to cut further and he air balls a 25 footer. There's a reason JB yanks people...

Can we at least give Joseph a shot? I don't think he's that good, but he has shown he has some ability to drive and potentially kick out to G, Lydon and either Malachi/Cooney. It's almost as if JB and Hop have gotten it in their heads that we need to have the threat of Mal and Cooney on the floor together at all times. It's time to see if the only potential PG on the roster can actually get anything going on this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom