Cordy NOT transferring | Syracusefan.com

Cordy NOT transferring

Dnyr85

Starter
It was posted on twitter by Cordy himself but has since been taken down.

.com ‏@ 14m14 minutes ago
.com Retweeted

Wow. Sorry to hear this. https://twitter.com/cordykidd8/status/670320291554451456…

.com added,

This Tweet is unavailable.
0 retweets1 like

.com ‏@ 2m2 minutes ago
Not sure that was Cordy's actual Twitter. It's a different account than his usual one but a few current players do follow it.

2:34 PM - 27 Nov 2015 · Details

Why kids would commit to anything until they find out who the next coach is, is beyond me.

It's a different account then he normally uses and it's not up anymore. Doubt this is legit.

You sure?

Antwan ‏@CordyKidd8 Nov 25
Making a decision
1f64f.png
1f3ff.png

Antwan ‏@CordyKidd8 23 hours ago
I just hope I can get along with the new coach who ever it's going to be

Antwan ‏@CordyKidd8 23 hours ago
Thanks for everything OrangeNation

Real Twitter or not I'm not worried at all. Everyone's emotions are very raw right now but once a new coach is announced and these guys meet the staff they'll be re-energized by all the positive buzz around the program. PLUS when they really consider what it means to sit out a full season I doubt anyone transfers (unless they are marginalized by a new system)

if true, next man up...

I want kids who are here for SU, not a coach. We will be fine.
Can we retire the "Next man up" nonsense please? We're already painfully thin in the talent department I hate to see us working so far down the depth chart. I'm all for players maximizing their opportunities to get on the field but for us it just underscores the lack of quality depth on the roster. It's right up there with "I trust the coaches" everytime we sign a kid in June with no other P5 offers.

Not saying its legit, but a few of the players do have multiple accounts on various platforms. I know for sure Brisley has two instagram accounts.

Can we retire the "Next man up" nonsense please? We're already painfully thin in the talent department I hate to see us working so far down the depth chart. I'm all for players maximizing their opportunities to get on the field but for us it just underscores the lack of quality depth on the roster. It's right up there with "I trust the coaches" everytime we sign a kid in June with no other P5 offers.
I guess we can go with 'No man up' and play with 10 (or less). ;)

Kids don't sign in June. But either way, if a player is offered that early after attending a camp...then, by all means, trust the coaches. We have no choice.

Not saying its legit, but a few of the players do have multiple accounts on various platforms. I know for sure Brisley has two instagram accounts.
Time to change your handle? ;)

I'm not worried one bit about all these "possible" transfers. I mean we haven't even played the last game of the season yet. Let's just wait until a new HC is hired, and he has a chance to come in and talk to the team. I'm sure a lot of kids are PO'd right now, but I think these kids are smart, and realize they just didn't get it done. Understandably these young guys are close with Shafer, but when the ultimate decision comes to transfer how many are actually going to want to sit out a whole season? Especially kids who have stared, or played a lot since their Freshman year? There may be 1 or 2, but I don't see a mass exodus once a new HC is able to come in and smooth things over.

I'm not worried one bit about all these "possible" transfers. I mean we haven't even played the last game of the season yet. Let's just wait until a new HC is hired, and he has a chance to come in and talk to the team. I'm sure a lot of kids are PO'd right now, but I think these kids are smart, and realize they just didn't get it done. Understandably these young guys are close with Shafer, but when the ultimate decision comes to transfer how many are actually going to want to sit out a whole season? Especially kids who have stared, or played a lot since their Freshman year? There may be 1 or 2, but I don't see a mass exodus once a new HC is able to come in and smooth things over.
it's understandable that some kids would be worried about their future. It's easy to say they wouldn't want to sit out a whole season but what happens if they don't fit into the new guy's scheme? They'd be sitting out anyway, and for a lot longer than a year if they stay.

Yes hope you're right. Some big players for the future seem to be taking to Twitter to express their frustration, Pickard, Cordy, Clark. Hope our new coach holds onto these kids. This time in between coaches is the worst. Sad for the guys moving on

Kids don't sign in June. But either way, if a player is offered that early after attending a camp...then, by all means, trust the coaches. We have no choice.
Obviously paperwork is not signed in June, but 99% of the board goes bananas every time some obscure recruit took us up on an offer that was not forthcoming from any other respectable peer institution. Trusting the coaches hasn't worked out so well lately, and yes we do have other options, which is to actually view our program with even a tiny bit of objectivity. Our recruiting has been sorely lacking, the coaching suspect, and the development of players too slow if it occurred at all under this regime. Next coaching staff up!

Agree with your assessment, but honestly while we have some young talent how many of them are going to get better offers that would include having to sit out a year? Not to be callous but there's not much meat on the bone here for the vultures-

Clark and cordy would be big losses and both of them would get better offers if they left. Need to hold on to them.

it's understandable that some kids would be worried about their future. It's easy to say they wouldn't want to sit out a whole season but what happens if they don't fit into the new guy's scheme? They'd be sitting out anyway, and for a lot longer than a year if they stay.
Don't be surprised to see some D players follow FHCSS if he gets a DC gig.
Todd Grantham had several Georgia players follow him to Louisville.

Ok, thats two-
Hate to break it to you but one of those guys leaving leaves a big hole. Can't afford to lose anyone right now. Especially cause you don't know what will happen with this class. The reason we are so thin right now is Marrone sticking shafer last minute and we lost players in that class. We can't keep doing this three year new coach routine. Eventually we have to see one of these guys through. Shafer should have gotten another year. I really hope coyle has his guy. Shafer got screwed because everyone thinks the grass is always greener on the other side. Yes shafer made some stupid coaching calls but the guy deserved another year.