Cordy NOT transferring | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cordy NOT transferring

Seems to be a very rash decision. Will possibly blow over

That is a better tweet and one that should have been made first. Need to talk it over with parents and see who the new coach is and then decided. Even Coach Shafer would agree with that.

Yeah I bet shafer had an emotional pre game speech and cordy felt betrayed by the university. I hope he waits to talk to the incoming coach and if they hit it off he stays. Hopefully all the players do the same. Hate to see these kids make an impulsive decision based on emotion and then miss out on something. Shafer has out is in a good situation and the new coach has much more to build on then shafer did when he took over.

Yeah I bet shafer had an emotional pre game speech and cordy felt betrayed by the university. I hope he waits to talk to the incoming coach and if they hit it off he stays. Hopefully all the players do the same. Hate to see these kids make an impulsive decision based on emotion and then miss out on something. Shafer has out is in a good situation and the new coach has much more to build on then shafer did when he took over.

I've been a Shafer fan since he got here, but how is a guy making $1.4M a year, taking over a .500 program, and being released after going 3-17 over two years "betrayed"?

If he has much more to work with why is the three year record 13-24 vs 21-17 with less.

I've been a Shafer fan since he got here, but how is a guy making $1.4M a year, taking over a .500 program, and being released after going 3-17 over two years "betrayed"?

If he has much more to work with why is the three year record 13-24 vs 21-17 with less.
Think you need to reread that. He said that Cordy may feel betrayed.

Hopefully we can get a new staff in place relatively quickly before he can finalize his decision to move on, and the new coach at least has a chance to pitch his ideas to the team.

"you've been a Shafer fan since he got here"? Really?

Cordy and any kids upset thinking the staff got a raw deal should listen to Daoust:

"Wish it had a different ending, but you gotta win more games," Daoust said. "Don't let anybody tell you any different. We had to win more games. We knew that."

There is no doubt that there will be some amount of attrition due to the staff change. There is no doubt that some folks will freak out about it and claim that that's why Shafer should have been retained. There is no doubt that those people will be wrong.

We forget sometimes your opinion is always right. Please forgive.

Louie and Bouie said:
We forget sometimes your opinion is always right. Please forgive.

Nahhhh. But in this case I am. And I'm not alone. You don't decide to retain or fire a head coach because some players *might* leave. It's short term thinking in a long term situation.

Cordy and any kids upset thinking the staff got a raw deal should listen to Daoust:

"Wish it had a different ending, but you gotta win more games," Daoust said. "Don't let anybody tell you any different. We had to win more games. We knew that."

Keep Daoust!

Coach will strongly recommend that all stay and earn an SU degree and finish what they started.

If I read his lips properly, it looked like Shafer was yelling "Keep Fighting, keep fighting" when we was up on the lineman's shoulders and the team started circling him.

Cordy could be a kid who is homesick and Shafer may be the only reason he stayed up north. Rather he's a starter or not. He may want to sit out a year and play at FAU or FIU

if true, next man up...

I want kids who are here for SU, not a coach. We will be fine.
Really? Kids don't go to a school because of the coach? Guess we don't need someone that can recruit and everyone will just stampede into the Carrier Dome. I never knew!!

if true, next man up...

I want kids who are here for SU, not a coach. We will be fine.
Now that I have cooled my jets from being very disappointed that HCSS didn't get one more year, I need to apologize for the dripping sarcasm. I do disagree with your statement but there are far better ways of doing so. Keep posting!!