Class of 2014 - Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC

Why? SU fans should want to know the status of their recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I agree with Bees, nothing wrong with that article, I prefer an honest look like that versus some homer fluff piece.

"I have no choice but to talk to them if they come to the school," Cooper told The Post-Standard in a text message. "And you know I'm always all ears."

Yes you do have a choice. You can simply tell the other coaches that you're committed to the Syracuse Football Orange. :D

Cooper starts at Jireh Prep on Wednesday. Wonder if these coaches will try to keep him on the Syracuse track...as I assume Milford did.

Had some worry once I saw he wasn't going to Milford or another place that makes kids keep their commitments. At the end of the day though I think he'll end up here.

Had some worry once I saw he wasn't going to Milford or another place that makes kids keep their commitments. At the end of the day though I think he'll end up here.

I think your right but I am not loving the fact that South Carolina is sniffing around, dont like it at all.

Actually I think I read another poorly written article that quoted the coach from this prep school as someone who does encourage kids that come into his program to keep their original comittments. I may be wrong but it was right after Cooper didn't qualify for this season I believe.

Actually I think I read another poorly written article that quoted the coach from this prep school as someone who does encourage kids that come into his program to keep their original comittments. I may be wrong but it was right after Cooper didn't qualify for this season I believe.

If you are thinking of this Cohen article, not really but McDonald did check Jireh out and approved it. Let's hope he is in tight with those coaches.
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...use_wide_receiver_corey_c.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Um no. There are a lot of ways that you can frame information and quotes. Cohen chooses to do it in a controversial, negative leading fashion. Writing fluff pieces (i.e. Todderick Hunt) are just as bad as writing overly negative pieces, which seems to be Cohen's pathway into journalism.

I know that at one point in time, research was actually considered part of journalism.

Why? SU fans should want to know the status of their recruits.

Is it really necessary to bring up that he decommitted from L'ville over a year ago? Does Mr. Cohen even know the circumstances of that decommittment?

There are a lot of reasons why decommittments happen, and a recruit being swayed by other programs and changing their mind is just one of them. It's not like Cooper decommitted from L'ville and immediately committed to SU.

Is it really necessary to bring up that he decommitted from L'ville over a year ago? Does Mr. Cohen even know the circumstances of that decommittment?

There are a lot of reasons why decommittments happen, and a recruit being swayed by other programs and changing their mind is just one of them. It's not like Cooper decommitted from L'ville and immediately committed to SU.

Yes if your Cohen. He always needs to get a jab in somewhere and I agree with you the information about Cory was presented in a nah nah na nah na way like he's some sort of investigative journalist!

Oh Lord

Yes if your Cohen. He always needs to get a jab in somewhere and I agree with you the information about Cory was presented in a nah nah na nah na way like he's some sort of investigative journalist!

Oh Lord

That would actually take 5 minutes of research on his part and may not coincide with his "gotcha" moment so why bother? :noidea:

Oh Lord

Nah nah nah? Really?

I get that he is still a Syracuse commit, but instead of helping the current class (his new class) recruit, he basically says he is open to other schools. Where is the loyalty? Where were these other schools when his he eligibility was in question?

If a recruit feels that way then the staff can also recruit over him, and get someone else, ships sail both ways.

I get that he is still a Syracuse commit, but instead of helping the current class (his new class) recruit, he basically says he is open to other schools. Where is the loyalty? Where were these other schools when his he eligibility was in question?

Schools might have given him another look now that he can count towards next year's limit, or because one of their 2013 guys didn't make it.

Wake just got a commitment from QB Lamar Harris, a former team mate of Corey at Millbrook. this weekend. I wonder if Wake has been or will start making overtures to Corey.

I might go check out one of his games to see how good he is. I'm not questioning his ability, I just want to see him play since I live in Concord, NC. I can't remember the last time Syracuse had a player commit from this area. I will keep my fingers crossed and whatever happens, happens.

i believe he is all orange. McDonald stuck with this kid went as far as to go down to check out the school for him. If he turns his back on that type of commitment from the OC he has a nickle head and we dont need him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom