Class of 2014 - Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC

Long time listener, first time caller..for what it's worth, Cooper followed just about all of the Temple staff and the WR Coach at Rhode Island today on Twitter. No, I don't tweet messages to these kids but I do follow some of them.

His cousin Harold committed to URI.

Just posting what I heard from some coaches who have forgotten more about football than I will probably ever know. I spoke to a couple of head coaches in the conference that Milbrook plays in (some former college coaches and GAs). They said they were incredibly surprised to see how Corey's recruitment played out. There were many people who thought he was not a high caliber D-1 player. They seem to think he'll be going to a non P5 school.

Just posting what I heard from some coaches who have forgotten more about football than I will probably ever know. I spoke to a couple of head coaches in the conference that Milbrook plays in (some former college coaches and GAs). They said they were incredibly surprised to see how Corey's recruitment played out. There were many people who thought he was not a high caliber D-1 player. They seem to think he'll be going to a non P5 school.

I think we found that out as well.

JeremyCuse said:
Somethings off on this, the homesick story doesnt make much sense if your going to spend a year in Freeking Kansas.

I never bought into the homesick deal.

JeremyCuse said:
Somethings off on this, the homesick story doesnt make much sense if your going to spend a year in Freeking Kansas.

I agree. Trust me. Living in Kansas will not help his homesickness!

I never bought into the homesick deal.

I wasnt surprised he left I never felt great about his overall status even when he made it here last January. That being said he was a big loss especially down the road as he could have been a high level playmaker, ditto for KJ. Williams.

I wasnt surprised he left I never felt great about his overall status even when he made it here last January. That being said he was a big loss especially down the road as he could have been a high level playmaker, ditto for KJ. Williams.

This isn't true.

There is a reason he left and it wasn't homesickness.

This isn't true.

There is a reason he left and it wasn't homesickness.
Based on the previous emphasis, I'm going to guess that he wasn't going to be high level playmaker and instead would have been buried on the depth chart below the new freshmen that just came in. Just a guess though...

I wonder if this leads to him being able to transfer into a fellow ACC school ie (Wake/NC State/Duke/UNC)? I believe there is a two year wait period so probably not and Shafer did say he wasn't going to be an ACC school but if he goes JC first then SU can't restrict where he can go.

Kansas? Hope he doesn't get lost in those 'amber waves of grain'.

CncUMd-XEAA6zXa.jpg

Wow this is a blast from the past. Your skills never cease to amaze me Xtreme!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom