Could the Big Ten have become the Big Sixteen in 2010? | Syracusefan.com

Could the Big Ten have become the Big Sixteen in 2010?

Haha, these writers sooooooo miss the era of constant conference realignment talk, and the page views it generated.

Those last couple paragraphs were almost desperate.

Haha, these writers sooooooo miss the era of constant conference realignment talk, and the page views it generated.

Those last couple paragraphs were almost desperate.

To be completely honest, I kinda miss conference realignment talk as well. It made the summers much more entertaining and I liked mining other team sites for information.

To be completely honest, I kinda miss conference realignment talk as well. It made the summers much more entertaining and I liked mining other team sites for information.
If you want realignment talk, go to the Boneyard Conference Realignment Board. It's all UCONN and their rumors and hopes to get in the Big XII. It's very entertaining.

If the Big Ten expands again I would expect Oklahoma, Texas to be their targets if Texas said no then Kansas next.
Honestly we joke about Nasa's OU to Big Ten meme on this board, but the school that will trigger the next round of expansion is Oklahoma. Both the SEC and Big Ten would have to be interested in Oklahoma. OU could probably get Oklahoma State on board with them to the SEC.

I still contend the biggest mistake last round of expansion was the Pac-12 declining applications of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State as their 13 and 14 teams. It would have killed the Big XII and given them a leg up possibly on getting Texas in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom