Couple of Thoughts from Scrimmage QB Transcripts | Syracusefan.com

Couple of Thoughts from Scrimmage QB Transcripts

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Probably the most information we have received about camp thus far.

Sounds like two different versions of the offense that Allen and Hunt are running. More zone-read run options for Hunt, more of a pro-style for Allen from the play calling. Wouldn't be surprised if both will be used at some point this season in different situations. Think Allen eventually wins starting job though.

Ron Thompson was mentioned as making a couple of plays - that is a very nice development. If he can make an impact, watch out. This D could be scary good.

George Morris is going to get a couple of touches per game. Look for swing passes, sweeps, things of that nature. I expect/hope he'll break a few long TDs this season.

I think Jerome Smith is going to have a very good season.

I still think it's up in the air between Allen and Hunt--I couldn't see one breaking away from the other during the scrimmage.

Get the ball to Broyld! (When have we heard that before?) After a reception of 6-7 yards, cut to the outside, turned on a dime to the inside, and then just blasted straight up the middle for a TD, leaving defenders in his wake as he waltzed in untouched. (Unfortunately the play was called back .) lmpressive all the same.

Couple nice receptions by West and Flemming. Somehow, I think Funderburk's star will shine; couple crappy passes his way which didn't let his abilities show. Rome and PTG only played one series each; PTG hasn't lost anything since his recuperation. Rome bulled his way for some tough short yardage. First team D very tough against the run.

Didn't really see any real problems with the right side of the O line--I think they will be more than serviceable.

Maybe more to add tomorrow after I review my notes. Kinda past my bedtime for a week night--glad I'm not working tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom